hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike

For those who were not there today...

... and for all our resident doom and gloomers.

hibs were by far the better team today. We were nothing special, but aberdeen were gash. We created alot of chances, but got no breaks and had some poor decision making in the final third.

Also, the bbc stats are completely false, don't even bother looking. They say that hibs only had 3 shots on target the whole match, but I counted at least 6 or 7.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by fergy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

hibs were by far the better team today. We were nothing special, but aberdeen were gash. We created alot of chances, but got no breaks and had some poor decision making in the final third.

Also, the bbc stats are completely false, don't even bother looking. They say that hibs only had 3 shots on target the whole match, but I counted at least 6 or 7.
    Yip, didn't deserve to loose today and have played worse and lost. Heads up and on to the next one.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fergy View Post

The BBC updates are useless. They say we had 3 shots on target but their match report mentions at least 5 saves by langfield. We were by far the better team today and were unlucky to take nothing from the game.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    A draw would have been disappointing but to loose is gutting, have to focus on the positives though, we played very well with injuries to three key players against arguably the second best squad in the league and thoroughly deserved to win. With ICT doing us a favor at park head we are still within one point of of the top so every cloud etc.

And Fallon has the cheek to call Hibs a 1 man team with McGinn scoring...again.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Football isn't about what you deserve, its about what you do.

We didn't score today and we allowed them to. Thats the difference between winning and losing in football.

Nothing to do with what you deserve.

I thought aberdeen were one of the poorest away teams I have seen at Easter Road (attacking wise) this season and they owe a huge thanks to Langfield for getting them the points. As said above we were not fantastic but played nearly all the football on show and it just shows that even though you're second best and not threatening at all, if the opposition don't take their opportunities then you always have a chance.

I do feel we are missing Mcpake and Deegan big time. Both are leaders and we have not got that in the team at this moment.

Problem now is that the teams below us have made up ground and there are only 6 points that separate Celtic and 8th place Kilmarnock. We need to get back to winning ways on Wednesday in Perth in which could prove a tough fixture. A win on Wednesday would be a big confidence boost ahead of our game against the maroon taxdodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by S.sct View Post
    Yip, didn't deserve to loose today and have played worse and lost. Heads up and on to the next one.
    We've played worse and won, as well.

Was an entertaining game, sure beats last season, win or lose.

I thought aberdeen were one of the poorest away teams I have seen at Easter Road (attacking wise) this season and they owe a huge thanks to Langfield for getting them the points. As said above we were not fantastic but played nearly all the football on show and it just shows that even though you're second best and not threatening at all, if the opposition don't take their opportunities then you always have a chance.

I do feel we are missing Mcpake and Deegan big time. Both are leaders and we have not got that in the team at this moment.
    Last edited by fife hfc; 24-11-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: duplicate post

Testimonial Due
    We were the better team today but didn't take our chances and paid for it. Think pat told the players to shoot on sight today obviously hoping that clangfield would have his usual **** up, it didn't work unfortunately. The ref was an absolute joke today, gave us nothing which didn't help. Disappointed to say the least but I think we'l bounce back from this and no better way to do so than by pumping the pink fairies next weekend.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Still can't believe we lost. Not seen such a poor SPL team this season bar Aberdeen. Complete hoof ball team with little talent. Daylight robbery

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post

We didn't score today and we allowed them to. Thats the difference between winning and losing in football.

Nail on head.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Nail on head.
    Very true, but it will save half of the knee jerk reactions. There isn't reason to worry about a collapse because we were the superior team. They were nothing short of sh**e

Quote Originally Posted by Ell_Chrisso View Post
    Still can't believe we lost. Not seen such a poor SPL team this season bar Aberdeen. Complete hoof ball team with little talent. Daylight robbery
    Yip, thought the Dons were as bad a side as any we've seen at ER and could have played all day and not scored. Their one and only shot on target came after 77 mins and ivolved at least 3 lucky breaks. The guy who scored could not believe his luck when the ball fell at his feet 8 yrds out.

We were very unlucky to loooooooooose.

I thought we created a lot of chances, but some players, notably Wotherspoon, seemed scared to shoot. We did enough that on another day we'd have won.

Maybury was again, pretty crap, too slow and makes mistakes. In general I wish we'd stop with the high balls, we gave away possession constantly. Also we seemed scared to break and counter attack, going slowly, passing back instead of trying to hit them.

McGivern was outstanding at the back though, dealt with everything that came near him.

It was fits and starts for me today. When we get the ball down and play we are capable of some good stuff but we have a tendency to go towards long balls too often imo. Some good football as I said but a lot of misplaced passes and poor decision making as well.

The goal we lost was cheap, from Wotherspoon not tracking back after his own misplaced pass to Claros and Maybury allowing the cross in so easily it was a catalogue of errors. On another day we could have had 4 or 5 but Aberdeen had about 2 clear cut chances and scored one of them and that's football sometimes.

Enjoyable game - gutted to lose but again we have to put into perspective where we were in May and last season.

Expectation levels have risen - which is fine but the support needs to continue to keep giving the team the great support it has been getting at home.

ER is a more exciting and entertaining place to go for the first time in several years and I would rather lose at home this week than next!

Today showed that without Newco in the league fans will come and the product can be exciting - the sheep fans came in reasonable numbers filling the lower team of the South Stand and it's just a shame not other SPL teams fill up the away stand more often.

Keep the faith - we are still improving every week!

that's crap. we played far better than them, their goalie saved 5 at least,we should have had a penalty, their No 9 was a cheating dirty ****bag and lucky to stay on the pitch,............need I go on? we did not deserve to lose today. end of

Quote Originally Posted by Ell_Chrisso View Post
    Very true, but it will save half of the knee jerk reactions. There isn't reason to worry about a collapse because we were the superior team. They were nothing short of sh**e
    Sorry, but "superior teams" are teams that grind out results, even when they're poor. Thats why Aberdeen are now sitting where they are.

If we can't start scoring goals again and we continue to concede cheap goals in almost every game, then we'll have plenty to worry about.

We have to be capable of getting the job done, regardless of how we play.

that's crap. we played far better than them, their goalie saved 5 at least,we should have had a penalty, their No 9 was a cheating dirty ****bag and lucky to stay on the pitch,............need I go on? we did not deserve to lose today. sometimes the referee has a hand in things. end of

Griffiths was excellent for most of the game but you could see he was getting frustrated. Doyle's volley in the first half was a beauty. Had him as first goalscorer aswell.

Despite not getting a goal today it's clear we need griffiths or we'll become average instead of above average just now.

Need a victory next week to get back on track.

Anyone know what nutsy was spoken to the ref for?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I don't think we were by far the better team, we were poor in all areas but midfield especially.

I think if it wasn't for McGivern we would have come off a lot worse today.

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackie View Post
    Anyone know what nutsy was spoken to the ref for?
    Because the ref is a grade 1 ********

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    that's crap. we played far better than them, their goalie saved 5 at least,we should have had a penalty, their No 9 was a cheating dirty ****bag and lucky to stay on the pitch,............need I go on? we did not deserve to lose today. sometimes the referee has a hand in things. end of
    Number of chances don't win games, taking them does.

Aberdeen took their chance when it came along, we took none of ours.

Thats why we lost. It's not crap. It's just what happened.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    We played well, but Langfield had a stormer in goals for the Dons today and kept us from scoring for the first time since the first day of the season. We had plenty of chances but some poor decisions were made at time, didn't see much of Cairney today which disappointed me as he's good at creating chances.

Not a great performance today but certainly not a bad one.

Aberdeen were crap and there for the taking. Only Fallon caused us a few problems in the second half.

We showed a lack of composure in front of goal and were a bit elaborate at times.

We wouldn't have lost if Clancy and McPake had been fit, thought Maybury had a poor game and McGivern struggled a bit at CH. Really shows that we lack strength in depth.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    Because the ref is a grade 1 ********
    This.

How that prick makes a living out of being a 'professional' referee I'll never know. Terrible performance from him, made craig Thomson look like a hibee.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    We played well, but Langfield had a stormer in goals for the Dons today and kept us from scoring for the first time since the first day of the season. We had plenty of chances but some poor decisions were made at time, didn't see much of Cairney today which disappointed me as he's good at creating chances.
    Agreed. I thought we played pretty well and Aberdeen were just utilised Fallon cause he is the size of a moose when he came on. I didnt think they were at the races.

I just hope the heads dont go down. We have played much worse this season and won...