hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DylanCrosbieI9I

famous 5 legend urges hibs supporters to dig deep for the yams.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/famous-five-legend-lawrie-reilly-calls-on-hibs-fans-to-back-hearts-with-cash-1-2650203?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

I can see his point but I want the **** to rot to the core and be where there role model huns are.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Never thought I would see myself disagreeing with the great man but there's no danger that they're getting any donation from me.

They'll get my ticket money for the New Year derby (if they make it until then) and even that's grudged.

No more.

I'll dig something for them alright!

As for my cash...that will be going towards hibs thank you, not towards a hearts tax bill or players wages.

ive got some multicoloured pish they can have for free, must be worth a few bob.

Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll dig something for them alright!

As for my cash...that will be going towards hibs thank you, not towards a hearts tax bill or players wages.
    I think one has to actually read the quoted part, rather than the headline. Particularly the line
    "But, in terms of surviving, I truly believe that Hibs supporters should donate money to keep the Hearts in the game if it looks like they could go to the wall."

By which I think he means if it is certain they will go to the wall, without any hope of return, ever.

He's not saying 'give hearts money now.'

Also quite liked the line " You can be great rivals but, at the same time, 
appreciate how important you are to each other.” Hibs class.

**** that.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbytam View Post
    I think one has to actually read the quoted part, rather than the headline. Particularly the line
    "But, in terms of surviving, I truly believe that Hibs supporters should donate money to keep the Hearts in the game if it looks like they could go to the wall."

By which I think he means if it is certain they will go to the wall, without any hope of return, ever.

Lawrie is entitled to his opinion. I disagree with him on this one. Respect is taking people's words at face value, rather than trying to make excuses for them.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

From where im sitting it looks like they are close to going to the wall now

Maybe we could buy them if they are definitely going to go to the wall, merge the clubs into a kind of 'Edinburgh Super Team'; we'd still be called Hibernian, play at Easter Road and wear the famous bottle green of course

Sorry to have to disagree with the great man but no money for them lot will ever come from me. Their arrogance and superior deluded mentality, not to mention the mercer days, means I will never ever contribute to their cause

Headlines are headlines and what the intent of what he said will have been different. He recognises the importance of both teams and as a last resort we should assist in any way we can.

From my point of view we should deal with our own situation first. You would do that with your own finances if you were in trouble before handing anything to anyone. If the other side can raise £600k on a share offer for the Titanic we should be able to raise more for a viable business model and help Hibernian's future.

Reilly is from a very different era so you can understand his sentiment. When he was playing, there wasn't the same hatred between supporters of the clubs as there is now.

Maybe in those days, if Hearts had been facing a situation similar to Third Lanark (and not as it is now with their misguided attempts to make themselves a really 'Big Club'), a lot of supporters would probably have done what they could to help out.

This is a very different age and set of circumstances though. We as a support would donate as much to them as they would to us if the situations were reversed. In fact, remind me, how much did Hearts fans raise to prevent the demise of Hibs in 1990?

I,m sorry Lawrie, but I can't swallow that one. While I appreciate your views and your off field playing memories against THEM, they changed the rules of fair competition back in 1990, and have tried to trample all over us ever since. The quicker they evaporate the better as far as I'm concerned.

GGTTH.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not a ****in' chance, not a brass ****in' razoo will they get from me.

@hibs.net private member
    If anyone has spare cash to put into a football club, they'd be better giving it to Hibs than them.

Lawrie is from a time when fans regularly attended both grounds every home game and more respect was given. That, IMO, has virtually been eliminated in the under 40s and his opinion, while needing to be respected, is no longer valid. I am not attending the New Year derby as I have no wish to help them.

No chance Lawrie!, as much as I respect you and realize that in your day it was different but nowadays this is not on, they are a shower of cheating deluded muppets who think they are above every one else when in fact they are a bunch of crooks, to hell with them, they've made their bed so they can lie in it...

Testimonial Due
    Wouldn't dream of giving that mob any money, they dug themselves into this hole and have denied us a great chance at 2 scottish cups because of their arrogance and cheating. Sorry Lawrie but its a no from me.

Imagine giving hearts money when hibs have only recently released a statement asking for the fans to get behind them more.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Naw Lawrie, just naw.

Oh I'll be digging deep for them alright

Blog Entries
    On your bike, Lawrie. When the Jambos get out of the tunnel, of which I have no doubt whatsoever, we will continue to be the butt of their arrogant contempt. How ironic would it be if their return to grace was partially funded by Hibbys? Enjoy their embarrassment and discomfort as long as it lasts.

This is a definition of Hibs Class IMO. Luckily I'm not hibs class on this one.

They've overspent and lapped it up to the verge of oblivion. They'll get what they deserve when they're out of business.

We've just posted to large losses in a row. Our club needs our money.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Boooooooooooooo

ermmm naw

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lawrie comes from an age where people used to think nothing of going to see Hibs one week then Hearts the next.

Can't help thinking, as we get hung up on bitter, nasty and petty little exchanges with opposition fans that if more of us were like Mr Reilly football in this country would be the better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Lawrie comes from an age where people used to think nothing of going to see Hibs one week then Hearts the next.

Can't help thinking, as we get hung up on bitter, nasty and petty little exchanges with opposition fans that if more of us were like Mr Reilly football in this country would be the better for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WindyMiller View Post
    You're right, but we're not and it isn't. Remember, it's cash only.

Exactly - did it myself when I was younger: every game at ER then Tynie when Hibs were away.

I don't see any point in hoping all the other clubs go bust so we are left standing - Edinburgh needs two strong and solid clubs, Scottish football needs them too -

I don't want them to go out of business, but I do want us to be so much better than them so that they wish they had gone out of business.

Well done to a true Hibs legend for a reasoned, considerate and common sense approach to something that affects Edinburgh and the Scottish game - if you're looking for Hibs class - look no further than LR!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Good to see a bit of context rather than the ridiculous headline.

Why the **** is anyone showing any sympathy whatsoever towards them? This isn't a new phenomenon, brought on by the inability to pay the nasty tax man. They've been overspending for as long as I can remember and that goes back 30+ years.

And with has overspending has come the occasional success and permanent superiority complex. It's payback time and the only ones who should be paying back are Hearts fans.

If you've got a spare 20 quid to chuck at a football team then chuck it at your own football team whether that be Hibs, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock or whoever. Bailing out Hearts is absolutely ludicrous.

Blog Entries

If it looks like they might go to the wall......... there's the rub. How and when will we know they are nearly at the wall? Hold on till it's a sure thing and it will be too late and money wasted. Donate now when their demise is only a possibility and your cash might simply end up surplus to requirements .......