hibs.net Messageboard

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1993
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Does anyone have any experience with CCBT (Computerised Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)?

I'm in the middle of trying to get to grips with one particular system. I'm not a huge fan of CBT itself, but I do understand how it works for many. This program takes that one stage further, and allows a patient/client to go through a CBT process online, either supported or unsupported.

At first sight, it seems self-evident as to how it works. However, I'm looking to get some anecdotal evidence, either from a client or a supporter. There's not a lot of opinion out there , other than 1 academic study that I have found.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone have any experience with CCBT (Computerised Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)?

I'm in the middle of trying to get to grips with one particular system. I'm not a huge fan of CBT itself, but I do understand how it works for many. This program takes that one stage further, and allows a patient/client to go through a CBT process online, either supported or unsupported.

At first sight, it seems self-evident as to how it works. However, I'm looking to get some anecdotal evidence, either from a client or a supporter. There's not a lot of opinion out there , other than 1 academic study that I have found.

Not been involved personally and it contains no feedback but there is a description of a CCBT course of treatment for gambling disorders below CWG.

The system employs some telephone counselling at certain junctures to review progress I understand.

I'm not for or against it particularly and have similar thoughts about CBT in general as yourself. I've heard anecdotally of a few positive outcomes and reviews via a couple of IAPT counsellors I know.

I suppose the slight cynic in me senses a whiff of money-saving about it but I wouldn't want to dismiss it either. I find that most of my clients have too many complex needs to make a CCBT course apt for them.

https://www.gamcare.org.uk/get-suppo...ine-treatment/

Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    Not been involved personally and it contains no feedback but there is a description of a CCBT course of treatment for gambling disorders below CWG.

The system employs some telephone counselling at certain junctures to review progress I understand.

I'm not for or against it particularly and have similar thoughts about CBT in general as yourself. I've heard anecdotally of a few positive outcomes and reviews via a couple of IAPT counsellors I know.

I suppose the slight cynic in me senses a whiff of money-saving about it but I wouldn't want to dismiss it either. I find that most of my clients have too many complex needs to make a CCBT course apt for them.

https://www.gamcare.org.uk/get-suppo...ine-treatment/
    Thanks for that, Stu.

The only reviews I have seen (of the system I am looking at) are on the provider's website, and of course they are going to be positive. They are along the lines of it's .... convenient, anonymous, stigma-free, sense of control, flexible.

I can understand all of that, and they're decent arguments. But, I want to hear what not's good about it, so that I can decide whether it's appropriate for the people that want to use it, or whether the deficiencies can be overcome. (I always look at the bad reviews on Trust Pilot first).

Other than the (presumed) argument that it's impersonal, and doesn't allow for those moments in a therapy session where things take a 90degree turn into something unexpected..... I can't see the problems, but I know they must be out there.

As an aside, the provider is the contractor for the NHS throughout the UK, so I look forward to an independent review soon. Either that, or some journalist telling us that the CEO is the cousin of a Cabinet minister.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    On the CBT note, I noticed this on hotdealsUK
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cog...amazon-3589696

Free CBT kindle book
    It seems to get good reviews/feedback on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086WQ5J7Q

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    On the CBT note, I noticed this on hotdealsUK
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cog...amazon-3589696

Free CBT kindle book
    It seems to get good reviews/feedback on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086WQ5J7Q
    May download that mate.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    I’m am just now really really really suicidal

Left by mutual consent!
    And I just wanted to post the above because the last post I made out and shat it. I’m looking at a wardrobe and got a belt and really really fancy it.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Please phone the Samaritans mate

Left by mutual consent!
    I’ll miss so so many people my children that I’ve not see since I left their mum eventually being treated like **** but the way I’m living is worse and people saying it will get better don’t know a **** if they’re missing their daughter in P1 and having to live with the guilt trip of doing everyone for them and it seems I’ve just deserted them. I’ve not now slept for two weeks 🤣🤣 she said I could meet her and my baby who is two yesterday after I was at the doctors in her area only to say nah I’m not man enough to tell my family I was meeting her even though I said I would take a video for my mum. I genuinely genuinely hate my life and only do so for my children and not to Upset my parents. I keep looking at how to end things now. At least I’ve life insurance for the children.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Please phone the Samaritans mate

Nah. I’m far deeper than that pal.

Pick up the phone mate - dial anyone. 999, your doctor, your mum, Samaritans - anyone. Talk it over. Doesn't have to be like this. Your daughter/children will need a father alot more than a few grand insurance money. Think of them.

I’ll miss so so many people my children that I’ve not see since I left their mum eventually being treated like **** but the way I’m living is worse and people saying it will get better don’t know a **** if they’re missing their daughter in P1 and having to live with the guilt trip of doing everyone for them and it seems I’ve just deserted them. I’ve not now slept for two weeks 🤣🤣 she said I could meet her and my baby who is two yesterday after I was at the doctors in her area only to say nah I’m not man enough to tell my family I was meeting her even though I said I would take a video for my mum. I genuinely genuinely hate my life and only do so for my children and not to Upset my parents. I keep looking at how to end things now. At least I’ve life insurance for the children.
    Mate, your children need their dad more than they need an insurance pay out.

Take a deep breath, think about it and phone 999. There are crisis teams on call who can help you through this, same as any other medical emergency.

I know it's hard and feels hopeless, so many of us on here do but you are not alone. PM me if you need to chat.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Money is no replacement. These kids won't look and see a bank balance, they'll look and see they're missing their dad. Please call someone

PM sent.
    Your a son and a father. Hang in.
    Go for a walk, phone someone. Whatever it takes until the feeling passes.... and it will.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 17-11-2020 at 11:51 AM.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Where do you live are you in Edinburgh area i can come right now and talk to you I've been there thank god i didnt

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The guys are reaching out to you.
    Post briefly to let us know you are safe.

Take all the advice and assistance being offered to you on here mate.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    You're not - speak to someone asap, you can PM me and I'll PM you my number if it helps.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Ive had CBT and benefitted greatly from it, a few years back. Very basically its the process of changing negative thoughts to more positive thoughts.
    Sadly, its transpired that Im ill again and am actually starting another course this afternoon although sadly its not face to face.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

And I just wanted to post the above because the last post I made out and shat it. I’m looking at a wardrobe and got a belt and really really fancy it.
    Please phone someone mate

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Ive had CBT and benefitted greatly from it, a few years back. Very basically its the process of changing negative thoughts to more positive thoughts.
    Sadly, its transpired that Im ill again and am actually starting another course this afternoon although sadly its not face to face.

It worked for you before, so you're already well-armed to do it all again.

When you say not face-to-face, do you mean it's with a therapist online, or is it an online course that you take yourself?

Its with a therapist arranged by my employer

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Its with a therapist arranged by my employer

Ok, by Zoom or similar?

From my side of the fence, the therapist, the process works just as well as F-to-F. In some cases, it's even better, as the client is in their own environment, and often able to relax more.

That said, it works best when the client is comfortable with the whole notion of the remoteness.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Done a 8 week course with CBT earlier this year, which has made a big difference to myself and in life in general.

They ask you questions of how you feeling each week and discuss any negative thoughts you're having.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Todays is a normal phone call but future sessions will be either zoom or other video call. Previously CBT really pulled me back from the brink but ive relapsed. Without getting into detail on here a lot of my issues have been caused by personal tragedy

has anyone spoken to 90+2?

mate if you're reading this, I echo what everyone has said! I deal with people in crisis daily in my job, I've thankfully never suffered past feeling low but I see the impact daily.

I've also had to tell families the worst news and trust me, suicide is the worst news you can break to any family. suicide is brave but fighting back and fighting on is much much braver when you feel like it's on top of you.

reach out, any one of us are hear to listen, phone 999 and ask for someone to come. just don't do anything daft because one day your kids will ask why. it's much better if they ask why didn't you and you can say "because I loved you too much".

reach out and please be safe.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    has anyone spoken to 90+2?

mate if you're reading this, I echo what everyone has said! I deal with people in crisis daily in my job, I've thankfully never suffered past feeling low but I see the impact daily.

I've also had to tell families the worst news and trust me, suicide is the worst news you can break to any family. suicide is brave but fighting back and fighting on is much much braver when you feel like it's on top of you.

reach out, any one of us are hear to listen, phone 999 and ask for someone to come. just don't do anything daft because one day your kids will ask why. it's much better if they ask why didn't you and you can say "because I loved you too much".

reach out and please be safe.

I’ve exchanged a few texts earlier.

Not really my place to go into it but think he’s ok at the moment.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

excellent news.

hopefully he's back posting soon.

if you read this mate, glad to hear youre trying. keep going and message me anytime.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Good stuff, well done for reaching out, I'm glad to hear he has been in contact, although I don't know 90+2 I have been concerned and hoping he is ok, I don't know the right or wrong thing to say but keep talking to people, you have support on here if you need to talk, tommorow is a new day

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I scribbled on my blog a few minutes ago. A fairly aimless post to be fair, but it might ring true with a few. I think it’s just that time of year...

https://alittlebitofdickie.wordpress...el-a-bit-****/
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"