hibs.net Messageboard

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1993
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If someone is suicidal can they check themselves into hospital for treatment or would they get turned away?
    Hope you have got or are getting the help you need.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    If someone is suicidal can they check themselves into hospital for treatment or would they get turned away?
    I'm assuming you mean yourself HC (apologies if not) and there is good advice from others posted above. A hospital would not turn you away; they have a duty of care to all patients who present themselves. I really hope you can start to feel better soon; it must be hell. Keep in touch on here, if you can, and let us know how you're getting on. All the best.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I'd deliberated over posting this, due to the incredible bravery and subsequent support posters have been giving. It'd been such a powerful read the last few days and I would encourage anyone and everyone to continue sharing

I mentioned last week I was awaiting results from Vitamin D test that I done independently after listening to an incredible podcast on the impact it can have.

Results come back that I have a deficiency, almost half of what the professionals deem to be a "normal" level. As such I've significantly upped my dose and probably haven't been feeling as lethargic - that is one of the key drivers for my depression so i'm hopeful that it continues in such a manner.

I'd recommend the test to anyone that either doesn't know their level or should you display the symptoms of a deficiency

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    I'd deliberated over posting this, due to the incredible bravery and subsequent support posters have been giving. It'd been such a powerful read the last few days and I would encourage anyone and everyone to continue sharing

I mentioned last week I was awaiting results from Vitamin D test that I done independently after listening to an incredible podcast on the impact it can have.

Results come back that I have a deficiency, almost half of what the professionals deem to be a "normal" level. As such I've significantly upped my dose and probably haven't been feeling as lethargic - that is one of the key drivers for my depression so i'm hopeful that it continues in such a manner.

I'd recommend the test to anyone that either doesn't know their level or should you display the symptoms of a deficiency
    Where did you get the test done?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Where did you get the test done?
    https://www.cerascreen.co.uk/

they have an app you can download where you can obtain your detailed results

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Perhaps some here have come across fellow Hibby, Darren Phil Thomson's story, interviews and videos. I felt this was a pretty brave and open one talking about depression, anxiety and suicide in a very open way. I think it deserves a hearing here. He can also be found on Facebook and the Inside Easter Road Facebook page. Well done Darren.

<strong>

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’m lying here like I do every night thinking of ways to die, I hate myself.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Talk it out. I will listen/read and so will others. It is better for sharing though it isn’t a guarantee to make things better. But it definitely won’t make things worse, I am convinced of that.

PM if you prefer but I get the sense there is something really cathartic for folk just sharing how they feel on here. Nobody will be judging or hamfistedly offering ‘solutions’.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Talk to someone mate, anyone.

The Samaritans are available 24/7 on 116 123

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Let it all out, mate. Speaking up makes a world of difference.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Talk it out. I will listen/read and so will others. It is better for sharing though it isn’t a guarantee to make things better. But it definitely won’t make things worse, I am convinced of that.

PM if you prefer but I get the sense there is something really cathartic for folk just sharing how they feel on here. Nobody will be judging or hamfistedly offering ‘solutions’.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Talk to someone mate, anyone.

The Samaritans are available 24/7 on 116 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Let it all out, mate. Speaking up makes a world of difference.
    Thanks for the replies. This whole pandemic thing is really getting me down and the thought of more lockdowns makes things worse. Strangely at the beginning I coped really well, but the longer it goes on the worse I feel and it’s difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Work is really quiet and finding a new job that’s right for me is difficult, I don’t want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. Sometimes I just need a win, something good to happen in my life to give me a lift. Reading this thread definitely helps, thanks and best wishes to everyone who’s contributed.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Thanks for the replies. This whole pandemic thing is really getting me down and the thought of more lockdowns makes things worse. Strangely at the beginning I coped really well, but the longer it goes on the worse I feel and it’s difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Work is really quiet and finding a new job that’s right for me is difficult, I don’t want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. Sometimes I just need a win, something good to happen in my life to give me a lift. Reading this thread definitely helps, thanks and best wishes to everyone who’s contributed.
    One day at a time. Just make sure you make tomorrow 👍🏻
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

I would say your previous post was a win. Being very honest about how you are feeling in a very public forum. That's a big thing to do, and something many people could not manage.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

Not sure if it will help at all but I think that many of us are feeling the same way at different stages of this pandemic. Some days I'm up and others I'm down and often it's really hard to work out why. I think maybe the strange mixture of sort of suspended animation combined with the completely open-ended nature of the whole thing is what is really difficult to accept. It's like the most concentrated form of uncertainty there is. And when almost every day is very similar it just becomes more and more disorienting. Even my usual mantra of Eat Move Sleep isn't shaking this, though I'm finding that escaping into books and reading for escapism is helping a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Not sure if it will help at all but I think that many of us are feeling the same way at different stages of this pandemic. Some days I'm up and others I'm down and often it's really hard to work out why. I think maybe the strange mixture of sort of suspended animation combined with the completely open-ended nature of the whole thing is what is really difficult to accept. It's like the most concentrated form of uncertainty there is. And when almost every day is very similar it just becomes more and more disorienting. Even my usual mantra of Eat Move Sleep isn't shaking this, though I'm finding that escaping into books and reading for escapism is helping a bit.
    Good post. I have fluctuated with being up and down, mostly up, but sometimes it feels challenging. Routine has helped, but we are under strict instructions to only work from home for the foreseeable and it is weird. We always did a percentage of home working anyway, but that was mixed with travel across Scotland with work. Trying to instill a five-day routine at home is difficult, especially when work is peaks and troughs - very concentrated spells of being busy, a couple of days when there is nothing much going on.

I think your point about the uncertainty is key. I am firmly believing that we are on the up-slope of a second wave. I think restrictions will come in, or back in. I think they will have an impact but I think that we will hit a third wave after Christmas and New Year. Some possible amelioration as we move into the early months of 2021 but we all know Scotland can have very cold snaps all the way to April, and they exacerbate the virus. Plus increased public weariness of complying with public health advice, which is entirely to be expected.

I think the need and demand for emotional and psychological support, whether formal or informal will go through the roof as we hit December and January.

The thing I find hardest about this whole situation is the feeling that it is both totally out of my control and that I feel uninformed.

On the 2nd point it's often said we should listen to the experts, the problem being there are hundreds of experts and many of them have different interpretations of the science and countless ideas about how this will all play out. You can read multiple takes that all seem to make sense but all completely contradict each other at the same time.

On the 1st point I posted the other day about feeling under constant stress at the moment. My job is hanging by a thread and I do appreciate I am in a better situation than some but it's still a huge worry. I am also approaching the point where I am going to have to have a difficult conversation with my fiance about our wedding in April. She is still in denial about the whole thing whilst I have resigned myself to it not happening. Every time I try to raise the subject it just ends up in a tense conversation that is shut down immediately and then things are frosty for a while afterwards. Add to that I'm somewhat aware of the threat of the virus itself to the health if myself and my family (although I do find myself surprisingly rational about it). I then feel guilty that it isn't my primary concern and that I find myself worrying more about money, a job and so on.

I find it increasingly hard to sleep, I am irritable and argumentative and I'm withdrawing into myself. I daresay I am one of many feeling like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The thing I find hardest about this whole situation is the feeling that it is both totally out of my control and that I feel uninformed.

On the 2nd point it's often said we should listen to the experts, the problem being there are hundreds of experts and many of them have different interpretations of the science and countless ideas about how this will all play out. You can read multiple takes that all seem to make sense but all completely contradict each other at the same time.

On the 1st point I posted the other day about feeling under constant stress at the moment. My job is hanging by a thread and I do appreciate I am in a better situation than some but it's still a huge worry. I am also approaching the point where I am going to have to have a difficult conversation with my fiance about our wedding in April. She is still in denial about the whole thing whilst I have resigned myself to it not happening. Every time I try to raise the subject it just ends up in a tense conversation that is shut down immediately and then things are frosty for a while afterwards. Add to that I'm somewhat aware of the threat of the virus itself to the health if myself and my family (although I do find myself surprisingly rational about it). I then feel guilty that it isn't my primary concern and that I find myself worrying more about money, a job and so on.

I find it increasingly hard to sleep, I am irritable and argumentative and I'm withdrawing into myself. I daresay I am one of many feeling like this.
    I think you are right.

My sympathies about the wedding situation - the preparation is a psychodrama at the best of times, let alone in current circumstances.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

That's grim PB. The chances of a wedding going ahead in April on a normal basis are I think very slim. No problem if you are looking at postponing something that is just about you such as a holiday or whatever but getting that one nailed when there is a fiance in denial involved will be tricky. I get you completely on the withdrawing into yourself - me too. As for becoming more argumentative I daresay there are some on here who would think I already was just that pre-covid but I have no doubt I am now on a much shorter fuse irritation wise.

Perhaps the most worrying thing is the extent to which almost everything seems in my head to have been drained of urgency. It's a bit like trying to drive a car with the steering wheel removed half of the time.

You are indeed.

It's a very difficult time for a lot of people and quite a lot of my colleagues are showing visible signs of stress (snapping at people on our Zoom meetings, followed by a later apology, being a regular occurrence). That's from people whose jobs aren't at risk so it's much worse for those that don't know if they'll still have a job by the end of the year.

Regarding the wedding: I really feel for you mate and I hope the two of you can sort something out.

My niece had to cancel her wedding arrangements, after putting in a lot of planning, and it must have been a real disappointment. They decided to go ahead at a later date with very limited numbers and plan to have a big reception on their first anniversary next year.

Can I just say thank you to everyone who replied and got in touch after I posted the other night. My struggle is constant and I know that many of you feel that struggle, but this thread shows that we don’t have to face it alone. We won’t always be on top form, but we can certainly help each other when we’re not.

United we stand here....

Can I just say thank you to everyone who replied and got in touch after I posted the other night. My struggle is constant and I know that many of you feel that struggle, but this thread shows that we don’t have to face it alone. We won’t always be on top form, but we can certainly help each other when we’re not.
    Someone will always be there, of that I am sure. Might not be instant, but someone will show, and want to listen, I am convinced of that.

I had wondered how people on here are faring at this time? Without turning this into a COVID-19 thread, it's been a difficult few days for many with a barrage of coverage about the pandemic and restrictions and quite a lot of confusion. With the attendant uncertainly potentially exacerbating anxiety.

Whilst tending to stay well-informed, I find limiting, to a degree, my intake of news and chat about it helpful.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    I had wondered how people on here are faring at this time? Without turning this into a COVID-19 thread, it's been a difficult few days for many with a barrage of coverage about the pandemic and restrictions and quite a lot of confusion. With the attendant uncertainly potentially exacerbating anxiety.

Whilst tending to stay well-informed, I find limiting, to a degree, my intake of news and chat about it helpful.
    I'm with you, but steering clear of the media is a discipline in itself that might be beyond us if we're feeling anxious.

Limiting one's exposure to a few outlets and,dare I say it, threads like this, can be a good habit to have. Like all habits, the more one does it, the harder it is to break

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    This might sound stupid but Gold Radio is keeping my spirits high just now. 50's, 60's 70's and 80's music. Brilliant
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    This might sound stupid but Gold Radio is keeping my spirits high just now. 50's, 60's 70's and 80's music. Brilliant
    Doesn't sound stupid at all, mate.

Find what works for you, and keep doing it.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Cheers HC will give it a try, I use the Radio Garden app and just saved it as a favourite... I can lose hours trawling station across the globe on it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Cheers HC will give it a try, I use the Radio Garden app and just saved it as a favourite... I can lose hours trawling station across the globe on it.

That's an amazing app. Gold Radio is digital only by the way. Will have it on during my nightshift tonight.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Music has a massive impact on my mood.

It needs to be loud, and I need to be on my own.

Honestly, if just breathes life into me.

When I feel my self slipping into a bit of a funk, that is normally one of the quickest and easiest ways to arrest the slide.

It’s something that hasn’t really happened for me for a while but discovering new music (not necessarily new, often it is old, but new to me) is one of the most uplifting things imaginable.

Glad to see a positive post mate, I was saddened (as everyone was) to hear you were having a tough time.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I'm with you, but steering clear of the media is a discipline in itself that might be beyond us if we're feeling anxious.

Limiting one's exposure to a few outlets and,dare I say it, threads like this, can be a good habit to have. Like all habits, the more one does it, the harder it is to break
    I agree with you, it's not easy. I find I tire and become overloaded with it at a certain point though. It's also easy to become angry about something here that we essentially only have so much control over. Thnking of one or two friends in that respect. I find it more helpful trying to focus a bit more on acceptance generally.

For access, well, popping on this thread here and there, a few headline stories on the BBC etc. maybe. Not so much social media which can be a bit exhausting.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post

Will give the app a try mate.

Listening to music especially the older stuff makes me feel happy if I’m ever feeling down.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16