hibs.net Messageboard

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1993
    @hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Quite a few people say to me that they have struggles in disclosing their problems and the culture highlighted in previous posts here highlights why. The various slogans and campaigns such as 'It's OK no to be OK' are very well-meaning and in the correct spirit but still at this time they ring a bit hollow. People repeat these things, post them on social media etc. but many do not walk the walk in reality.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite a few people say to me that they have struggles in disclosing their problems and the culture highlighted in previous posts here highlights why. The various slogans and campaigns such as 'It's OK no to be OK' are very well-meaning and in the correct spirit but still at this time they ring a bit hollow. People repeat these things, post them on social media etc. but many do not walk the walk in reality.
    My boss attended an understanding depression and anxiety course (same day as me strangely) since then he now accepts messages rather than a phone call and has displayed such understanding. He was ever nasty but expected calls in procedures to be used for sickness. When I was last off with it and sciatica he asked me for a shopping list and brought them to my house as I was struggling to get out. Meant so much. His non judgemental approach is a massive help

Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    My boss attended an understanding depression and anxiety course (same day as me strangely) since then he now accepts messages rather than a phone call and has displayed such understanding. He was ever nasty but expected calls in procedures to be used for sickness. When I was last off with it and sciatica he asked me for a shopping list and brought them to my house as I was struggling to get out. Meant so much. His non judgemental approach is a massive help
    Really good to hear. Interesting about the course.

Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    Really good to hear. Interesting about the course.
    That should have read never nasty not "ever nasty"
    Stu, the course is for NHS managers and provided by external trainers. Where I work stress, anxiety and depression is the largest cause of absenteeism however there is a real lack of understanding. Unfortunately the course isnt mandatory for managers, at least not yet.

Left by mutual consent!
    That should have read never nasty not "ever nasty"
    Stu, the course is for NHS managers and provided by external trainers. Where I work stress, anxiety and depression is the largest cause of absenteeism however there is a real lack of understanding. Unfortunately the course isnt mandatory for managers, at least not yet.
    That's interesting, do you work in a Scottish NHS board?

Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    That's interesting, do you work in a Scottish NHS board?
    No I'm in England in an acute setting, our trust have an internal database where you can get all the information on just about anything, anonymised of course. Be interested to see the national status for the whole UK

Left by mutual consent!
    No I'm in England in an acute setting, our trust have an internal database where you can get all the information on just about anything, anonymised of course. Be interested to see the national status for the whole UK
    I was wondering if similar courses were in operation up here.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Im not sure if I can post here so feel free to delete admins if it breaks any rules. Each night this week I'm hosting a 15minute guided meditation session starting at 9pm. No charge just join the group if you fancy joining in (all will be recorded too so if 9pm isnt any good for you you can join in in your own time). No experience required, they are meditations you cant get wrong, just kick back and listen to me You can access by clicking here

Blog Entries
    Wishing you all on this wonderful thread all the very best. Be kind and accepting to yourself over the next few days & realise your never alone...We are family

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Wishing you all on this wonderful thread all the very best. Be kind and accepting to yourself over the next few days & realise your never alone...We are family
    Thanks and I echo the sentiment. Can be a tough time of year. Got my daughter until lunchtime tomorrow, having a great time but the place will very empty when she goes. Still going to make an effort with food etc, movies and boxsets at the ready. Football all day on boxing day

I said this recently on Twitter but I thought I’d mention it on here since it’s a really positive thread.

Pretty much exactly a year ago I took my daughter to school with tears in my eyes as I thought I was going to end things that day. Last week I took her to school with a smile on my face.

I’m in a far better place mentally than I was. It’s down to various factors but one of them has been the supportive I've received from family, friends and strangers in social media. Yet they would never have helped me if I hadn’t spoken about it.

I don’t know the answers but I do know you can help fight mental health issues by talking about your problems and feelings. If I didn’t I don’t know where I’d be right now. But there’s a chance I wouldn’t be taking my daughter to school.

If anyone wants a chat, just DM me. In the meantime, we’ve got this

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    I said this recently on Twitter but I thought I’d mention it on here since it’s a really positive thread.

Pretty much exactly a year ago I took my daughter to school with tears in my eyes as I thought I was going to end things that day. Last week I took her to school with a smile on my face.

I’m in a far better place mentally than I was. It’s down to various factors but one of them has been the supportive I've received from family, friends and strangers in social media. Yet they would never have helped me if I hadn’t spoken about it.

I don’t know the answers but I do know you can help fight mental health issues by talking about your problems and feelings. If I didn’t I don’t know where I’d be right now. But there’s a chance I wouldn’t be taking my daughter to school.

Great post mate, glad to see you doing well now.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries

Really heartwarming to see turnarounds like this. Delighted to hear your in a good space 🙏

@hibs.net private member

Really good post and glad to hear that you are doing so much better. The strangers on social media is an interesting one and something that has been positive for me. You may have heard of him already but check out Aaron Connelly on Twitter. He plays for Fauldhouse Utd in the juniors and his story over the last 12 months has been dramatic but hugely positive. He and his wife have set up Time to Tackle, a football based group to help mental health sufferers through having a kickabout and the opportunity to talk. Well worth a read IMHO

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar

Fantastic heart warming post well done you.
    This is a terrible time of year with the dark days and nights so to be feeling great is wonderful.
    The nights are starting to stretch and I have to say mood is getting better with it hurry up the light nights

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to join with others in wishing you well, mate. Fantastic to hear and I'm so pleased for you and your family. Well done and keep it going.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    Really good post and glad to hear that you are doing so much better. The strangers on social media is an interesting one and something that has been positive for me. You may have heard of him already but check out Aaron Connelly on Twitter. He plays for Fauldhouse Utd in the juniors and his story over the last 12 months has been dramatic but hugely positive. He and his wife have set up Time to Tackle, a football based group to help mental health sufferers through having a kickabout and the opportunity to talk. Well worth a read IMHO
    I'd like to second this! I play with a weekly group of lads that Aaron helped get off the ground under the banner of "Kick Mental Health" (we're actually playing a charity 11-aside game against TtT in a couple of weeks) - we're based in Lanark and Livingston, and it's a weekly 7-aside game played in the right spirits. Aaron's story is quite incredible, and the idea of having a safe space to run around and get some exercise, and also Changing Room Chat afterwards is a fabulous endeavour.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the messages of support. It’s weird, I’ve gone from being overwhelmed by depression and it talking about it to talking about depression and being overwhelmed by the support from people! I’m never happy!

Aaron Connolly is doing great work in the field of increasing mental health awareness and he deserves all the credit he gets.

I also volunteer at the changing Room and it’s amazing the amount of people you meet and become friends with through that. Maybe before one match there’s a meeting point for anyone who is feeling a bit low or who goes to games by themselves?

Thanks again. Tots emosh as the kids probably don’t say!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’ve tried to to write out a post and deleted it every time as I just can’t sum up how I feel. Things couldn’t be much worse, I’m not earning enough money to keep my head above water due to my depression. The financial problems make my mental health worse, but I still have a duty to my family. I will be absolutely honest and say that if it wasn’t for my beautiful precious little girl, I wouldn’t be here now. She is the only thing that keeps me going and I will never let her down. Failure is hard when it comes to children.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’ve tried to to write out a post and deleted it every time as I just can’t sum up how I feel. Things couldn’t be much worse, I’m not earning enough money to keep my head above water due to my depression. The financial problems make my mental health worse, but I still have a duty to my family. I will be absolutely honest and say that if it wasn’t for my beautiful precious little girl, I wouldn’t be here now. She is the only thing that keeps me going and I will never let her down. Failure is hard when it comes to children.
    I don't really know what to say to you other than I hear you and am listening to you, and other people on here will be as well. Hopefully expressing how you feel, in the knowledge that others are listening and accepting without judgement, is some help. The more important part is you articulating how you are feeling, which you are doing very eloquently. It is not easy and my thoughts are with you.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    I don't really know what to say to you other than I hear you and am listening to you, and other people on here will be as well. Hopefully expressing how you feel, in the knowledge that others are listening and accepting without judgement, is some help. The more important part is you articulating how you are feeling, which you are doing very eloquently. It is not easy and my thoughts are with you.
    Thank you. I can’t tell you how much this forum helps at times, even if we all don’t always see eye to eye.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Thank you. I can’t tell you how much this forum helps at times, even if we all don’t always see eye to eye.
    Some things are bigger than political views or whatever. It is a brave thing to be as honest as you are posting about your feelings. I hope that if it helps, you continue to do so. It must also make others feel safer about doing likewise, when they see someone else being candid and honest about the challenges they are experiencing. Good job.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Some things are bigger than political views or whatever. It is a brave thing to be as honest as you are posting about your feelings. I hope that if it helps, you continue to do so. It must also make others feel safer about doing likewise, when they see someone else being candid and honest about the challenges they are experiencing. Good job.
    Thank you again MA personally I enjoy the political discourse on this site. Being a hibs fan means you love everything hibs. When the game game ends that unity ends and we all go back to our natural beliefs.

United we stand here....

Like lord Bunberry I've tried to write then delete write then delete. January is over the hardest month they say yet every day is a struggle. Over xmas and new year all was well I had no issues got to spend time with my ex and daughter she is only an ex because of my illnesses we are still very close and hopefully we can reconcile anyway all was going well we had separate plans for new year and all were happy. I on the 29th dec decided that my time had come I cleaned my house took some pills went for a bath took more pills and laid on my bed hoping to not wake up I then got a call from my ex who knew something wasnt right my daughter then called me and stayed on the phone untill the police arrived. They turned up saw the note and what I had taken then off to the royal ed for an assessment. Since then I've been seeing a psychologist and had a different outlook I thought I was an inconvenience yet I realised I'm not. So I take every day now as a blessing yeah I have low points but hey I wake up every day and play everything by ear. God knows the last time I went to a game it's a mix of being g up and raring to go then it takes a hold and dont want to out to nah I cba today to then deciding last minute I'm going but I've left it too late. Anyway sorry for the long post I hope all are well

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pontius pilate View Post
    Like lord Bunberry I've tried to write then delete write then delete. January is over the hardest month they say yet every day is a struggle. Over xmas and new year all was well I had no issues got to spend time with my ex and daughter she is only an ex because of my illnesses we are still very close and hopefully we can reconcile anyway all was going well we had separate plans for new year and all were happy. I on the 29th dec decided that my time had come I cleaned my house took some pills went for a bath took more pills and laid on my bed hoping to not wake up I then got a call from my ex who knew something wasnt right my daughter then called me and stayed on the phone untill the police arrived. They turned up saw the note and what I had taken then off to the royal ed for an assessment. Since then I've been seeing a psychologist and had a different outlook I thought I was an inconvenience yet I realised I'm not. So I take every day now as a blessing yeah I have low points but hey I wake up every day and play everything by ear. God knows the last time I went to a game it's a mix of being g up and raring to go then it takes a hold and dont want to out to nah I cba today to then deciding last minute I'm going but I've left it too late. Anyway sorry for the long post I hope all are well
    So glad you still here PP...Obviously I don’t know you but really happy that your seeing things differently. Just shows that if you wait around new though will pop up. Take care.

Always pop in to the holy ground to keep tabs on this thread

How we all doing just now?

I had a pretty rough 2019 physically and mentally due to some long term pain and depression/anxiety stretching 8 years or so

After numerous visits to docs and blood tests nothing was coming back. FINALLY given a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia - last week

Coming to terms with that news, but having a "label" and beginning a plan to manage it, I'm more hopeful of a long happy life than i was 6 months or so ago

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Always pop in to the holy ground to keep tabs on this thread

How we all doing just now?

I had a pretty rough 2019 physically and mentally due to some long term pain and depression/anxiety stretching 8 years or so

After numerous visits to docs and blood tests nothing was coming back. FINALLY given a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia - last week

Coming to terms with that news, but having a "label" and beginning a plan to manage it, I'm more hopeful of a long happy life than i was 6 months or so ago
    I've been feeling rough for the last couple of weeks. Taking each day as it comes to get myself better.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

I've just been signed off work for burn out, they are investigating if its diabetic burnout, as th last few weeks I've been so annoyed/tired with my diabetes, my girlfriend had said numerous times that I've just sat and ignored my blood sugar (which is unlike me) and I've felt myself that I could just ignore every aspect of my illness. I dont think I would do it. Talked with my diabetic team and they are worried that it will end with me doing precisely that just ignore it, they see it as suicide attempt althoughif I wanted to kill myself I'd find a much quicker way of doing it. Life is hard enough without the ****ty illness, 30 years I've had it and even when it's been good I dont feel physically or mentally better. Am actually at the end of my teather.

Quote Originally Posted by TRC View Post
    I've just been signed off work for burn out, they are investigating if its diabetic burnout, as th last few weeks I've been so annoyed/tired with my diabetes, my girlfriend had said numerous times that I've just sat and ignored my blood sugar (which is unlike me) and I've felt myself that I could just ignore every aspect of my illness. I dont think I would do it. Talked with my diabetic team and they are worried that it will end with me doing precisely that just ignore it, they see it as suicide attempt althoughif I wanted to kill myself I'd find a much quicker way of doing it. Life is hard enough without the ****ty illness, 30 years I've had it and even when it's been good I dont feel physically or mentally better. Am actually at the end of my teather.
    So sorry to hear you are struggling. Is your GP understanding? I would make an appointment as soon as you are able, reach out to friends and family as well. Keep checking in here and contact any of us if we can offer any support, it's important you know you are not alone. Take care mate.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wim Hoffs guided breathing meditation and cold shower therapy works wonders for anxiety and helps maintain a positive mindset throughout the day.