hibs.net Messageboard

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1239
  1. #1141
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    38,353
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, just noticed your reply SDG. The school were actually very supportive of her and cant complain about how they handled the situation. She is certainly much happier now she has left school, she is a teenager so still prone to a few moody turns, but much better, thanks.

    As you say, you still have affects from your school days, so she probably will as well, it probably will never really leave her, but hopefully these will become less so as she becomes older.
    That's really good to hear.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #1142
    The last couple of days has been the first time I have felt like I am not coping too well. I'm getting increasingly agitated and I'm aware I'm being needlessly argumentative (some people may have noticed). That's always a red flag that I'm srruggling.

    The first couple of weeks were ok because I didn't have much planned anyway. Today I was supposed to run the Kilomathon and couldn't. It's the start of Holy week at church which I enjoy the spectacle of and usually go to Mass every day, there will be no Easter meal with my parents next week, no semi final......

    Obviously everyone is in the same boat but I've started sitting up until all hours staring at the TV, my days have no structure and I can't motivate myself to do anything constructive. I think the lack of any fixed end point is bothering me. If I knew it was a year I could reconcile that in my head but the uncertaitity is bothering me as I have no control over things at all.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  4. #1143
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    38,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The last couple of days has been the first time I have felt like I am not coping too well. I'm getting increasingly agitated and I'm aware I'm being needlessly argumentative (some people may have noticed). That's always a red flag that I'm srruggling.

    The first couple of weeks were ok because I didn't have much planned anyway. Today I was supposed to run the Kilomathon and couldn't. It's the start of Holy week at church which I enjoy the spectacle of and usually go to Mass every day, there will be no Easter meal with my parents next week, no semi final......

    Obviously everyone is in the same boat but I've started sitting up until all hours staring at the TV, my days have no structure and I can't motivate myself to do anything constructive. I think the lack of any fixed end point is bothering me. If I knew it was a year I could reconcile that in my head but the uncertaitity is bothering me as I have no control over things at all.
    That's exactly what was bothering me at the outset, it was the lack of any real certainty on how I was going to be living my life in this way. If I knew it was 6 months then I said I would be able to handle that better as I could mentally prepare for it.

    I'm not too sure why and I wish I could share the reason but I seem to have found a way to cope in the last week or so. I've got into a routine and I think I'm just trying to take the proverbial one day at a time which seems to be helping.

    Hope things improve for you, it's a really tough time.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  5. #1144
    Coaching Staff Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark/Palo Alto
    Age
    34
    Posts
    15,654
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I've felt like I've been circling the drain a bit in the past couple of weeks, to the extent that several posters on here have actually reached out to check in that I'm coping/not having drastic thoughts. I've flippantly remarked about suicide in the past few weeks, which isn't something I'd normally do (as it's not a subject to be flippant about) - it makes me question just where my mind currently is.

    My situation is almost the opposite of WPJ - I'm living in a confined space with my two year old and wife and I'm struggling with the total loss of all support networks. It's overwhelming and I find myself reacting badly when she has a day (like today) where she's pushing every button possible and not reacting when she's getting a telling off from either mum or me. My wife also suffers from depression, and it just feels like our house is a constant powder keg, ready to go off.

    I'm aggressive, and can't seem to be able to relax. I'm not a violent guy, but someone came right into the same box as me in the supermarket on Saturday and I pushed them. Physically raised both hands and pushed them away, and subconsciously balled my right hand into a fist as I waited on him getting back up and charging at me. Completely and utterly out of character for me, but I'd experienced a few small niggles on Friday and then on Saturday morning that gradually just keep poking me. Keep having spells where I'm just randomly overwhelmed and find myself in tears too. Feeling like a failure of a dad, a husband and pretty much surrendered any notion of progress at work.

    "This, too, shall pass...".

  6. #1145
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've felt like I've been circling the drain a bit in the past couple of weeks, to the extent that several posters on here have actually reached out to check in that I'm coping/not having drastic thoughts. I've flippantly remarked about suicide in the past few weeks, which isn't something I'd normally do (as it's not a subject to be flippant about) - it makes me question just where my mind currently is.

    My situation is almost the opposite of WPJ - I'm living in a confined space with my two year old and wife and I'm struggling with the total loss of all support networks. It's overwhelming and I find myself reacting badly when she has a day (like today) where she's pushing every button possible and not reacting when she's getting a telling off from either mum or me. My wife also suffers from depression, and it just feels like our house is a constant powder keg, ready to go off.

    I'm aggressive, and can't seem to be able to relax. I'm not a violent guy, but someone came right into the same box as me in the supermarket on Saturday and I pushed them. Physically raised both hands and pushed them away, and subconsciously balled my right hand into a fist as I waited on him getting back up and charging at me. Completely and utterly out of character for me, but I'd experienced a few small niggles on Friday and then on Saturday morning that gradually just keep poking me. Keep having spells where I'm just randomly overwhelmed and find myself in tears too. Feeling like a failure of a dad, a husband and pretty much surrendered any notion of progress at work.

    "This, too, shall pass...".
    I know there's a temptation at this time to feel you shouldn't be bothering a doctor. However there are still services available and maybe it's worth considering calling your GP. This will be something they will be used to hearing at the moment, you aren't alone. There will be guidelines in place so they will be able to advise and point you in the right direction.

    In the shorter term you may find something useful here:

    https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/publications/looking-after-your-mental-health-during-coronavirus-outbreak

    https://www.mind.org.uk/coronavirus-we-are-here-for-you/

    In practical terms is there a way you and your wife could go for separate walks? Maybe one takes your daughter and one without and take the solo walk day about? A bit respite from all being cooped up together might be helpful.

  7. #1146
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    49
    Posts
    17,328
    We've been having a nightmare since my mum died last Saturday night, my dad phoned one of my mum's best pals to give her the news, the guy she stayed with informed my dad that she had passed away that morning. My mum's cousin in Inverness phoned on Sunday morning to tell us her brothers son had died the previous day, one of my dad's oldest/best mates died on Thursday night. I'm not sure how much more my dad can take, I would imagine more bad news is inevitable. It's extremely hard going at the moment 😢 The thought of not being able to console my brother at my mum's funeral is destroying me at the moment.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 08-04-2020 at 07:47 PM.

  8. #1147
    Coaching Staff stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    7,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The last couple of days has been the first time I have felt like I am not coping too well. I'm getting increasingly agitated and I'm aware I'm being needlessly argumentative (some people may have noticed). That's always a red flag that I'm srruggling.

    The first couple of weeks were ok because I didn't have much planned anyway. Today I was supposed to run the Kilomathon and couldn't. It's the start of Holy week at church which I enjoy the spectacle of and usually go to Mass every day, there will be no Easter meal with my parents next week, no semi final......

    Obviously everyone is in the same boat but I've started sitting up until all hours staring at the TV, my days have no structure and I can't motivate myself to do anything constructive. I think the lack of any fixed end point is bothering me. If I knew it was a year I could reconcile that in my head but the uncertaitity is bothering me as I have no control over things at all.
    i think of this time of lockdown as a process that will change and evolve in the type of challenges it presents as we go along. Like you, i've found myself staying up very late quite a bit (not necessarily unusual for me but it's always a flag that I react to when it happens too often). my own thoughts are that we need to be smart about creating helpful new routines - even though they may seems a bit pointless if at home. That's the basic stuff, get up a reasonable time, have a shave, make oneself presentable as if ready to face the world as usual. Keep mealtimes etc. That basic framework that we have in our lives that we hang off each day. the structure you say is missing, modify and make a new one.

    I think it is SO important to challenge those thoughts of trying to predict an ending to this change in our lives. We cannot do this and no matter what apparent clues are out there for an outcome they are at the mercy of our subjective thinking about the situation in any case. They are meaningless and serve no purpose apart from to create anxiety for the future. They need to be arrested and replaced with living in the NOW. I am not a mindfulness practitioner but i think many of the tenets of that pliosophy are applicable here. Here, for all the wrong reasons, we have time and opportunity to think differently to how we did before, every single day we can do this.

    Good luck PB, always enjoy your thoughtful posts on here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's exactly what was bothering me at the outset, it was the lack of any real certainty on how I was going to be living my life in this way. If I knew it was 6 months then I said I would be able to handle that better as I could mentally prepare for it.

    I'm not too sure why and I wish I could share the reason but I seem to have found a way to cope in the last week or so. I've got into a routine and I think I'm just trying to take the proverbial one day at a time which seems to be helping.

    Hope things improve for you, it's a really tough time.
    I sometime come across this thought process of 'how's it going to be in six months?'In more usual times I'm always tempted to reply with the question, 'and in six months, will you be asking the same question of six months hence?' These are exceptional times clearly though. Many have a tendancy to look for certainty and a guarantee of the future. How can these things be predicted in these unprecedented times? Quite simply, they cannot. i would one hundred per cent agree with your idea of living one day at a time, one hour at a time if need be and the fact that you have evolved a new routine shows how well you are adapting. Good stuff.

  9. #1148
    Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think of this time of lockdown as a process that will change and evolve in the type of challenges it presents as we go along. Like you, i've found myself staying up very late quite a bit (not necessarily unusual for me but it's always a flag that I react to when it happens too often). my own thoughts are that we need to be smart about creating helpful new routines - even though they may seems a bit pointless if at home. That's the basic stuff, get up a reasonable time, have a shave, make oneself presentable as if ready to face the world as usual. Keep mealtimes etc. That basic framework that we have in our lives that we hang off each day. the structure you say is missing, modify and make a new one.

    I think it is SO important to challenge those thoughts of trying to predict an ending to this change in our lives. We cannot do this and no matter what apparent clues are out there for an outcome they are at the mercy of our subjective thinking about the situation in any case. They are meaningless and serve no purpose apart from to create anxiety for the future. They need to be arrested and replaced with living in the NOW. I am not a mindfulness practitioner but i think many of the tenets of that pliosophy are applicable here. Here, for all the wrong reasons, we have time and opportunity to think differently to how we did before, every single day we can do this.

    Good luck PB, always enjoy your thoughtful posts on here.



    I sometime come across this thought process of 'how's it going to be in six months?'In more usual times I'm always tempted to reply with the question, 'and in six months, will you be asking the same question of six months hence?' These are exceptional times clearly though. Many have a tendancy to look for certainty and a guarantee of the future. How can these things be predicted in these unprecedented times? Quite simply, they cannot. i would one hundred per cent agree with your idea of living one day at a time, one hour at a time if need be and the fact that you have evolved a new routine shows how well you are adapting. Good stuff.
    An occasional theme across different mental health problems addressed by Oliver Burkeman in his Saturday column in The Guardian is the pointlessness of continually worrying about the future, and the anxiety that inevitably causes meaning you can't enjoy the life you are actually living. It would be a strange person who hasn't felt anxious to some degree about the stuff that's going on at the moment, or surrendered to a compulsion to glance into an unknown future but I suppose it is just as pointless doing so now as at any other time.

    My coping strategy this weekend has been to try to focus on the absurdity of it all. There is little most of us outside of the scientific & political world can do other than to follow the advice and realise that with every day that passes we're a day closer to the other side of this, whenever that may be. This probably sounds daft, but the lyrics to the Monty Python song, 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life' feel quite relevant right now!

  10. #1149
    A daft wee example of what I mean by the absurdity of the situation: I was walking home from the shops yesterday, and there was a guy walking towards me (looked a bit radge). We got to within about 30 feet of each other, and I decided to swerve inwards so we would keep the requisite distance when passing; at exactly the same time, he swerved in the same direction, and then we did the same back the other way. Eventually we sorted it out, and at the point of passing we both burst out laughing as if to say,"This is ridiculous!". I'm hating this bloody lockdown, but keeping my sense of humour is going to be one way of helping me through it.

  11. #1150
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    49
    Posts
    17,328
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've been having a nightmare since my mum died last Saturday night, my dad phoned one of my mum's best pals to give her the news, the guy she stayed with informed my dad that she had passed away that morning. My mum's cousin in Inverness phoned on Sunday morning to tell us her brothers son had died the previous day, one of my dad's oldest/best mates died on Thursday night. I'm not sure how much more my dad can take, I would imagine more bad news is inevitable. It's extremely hard going at the moment 😢 The thought of not being able to console my brother at my mum's funeral is destroying me at the moment.
    The guy mentioned in the 2nd line of the above post has since died too, where will it stop? 😢

  12. #1151
    Testimonial Due Hibby Bairn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,779
    I think the “PR game” the govt are currently playing is extremely unhelpful. Slow release of comments about “not being ready yet to lift lockdown”.... “awaiting the scientific evidence” etc.

    People would much prefer certainty. People probably mostly accept it needs to extend. So the govt should just come out and say “till end April” or whatever and it’ll be reviewed again then. Then people can plan and get on with their lives. Acceptance and certainty is key.

  13. #1152
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8,819
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The guy mentioned in the 2nd line of the above post has since died too, where will it stop? 😢
    Jesus Hutchy, I’m so sorry for you and your dad. That is absolutely brutal.

  14. #1153
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The guy mentioned in the 2nd line of the above post has since died too, where will it stop?
    Mate that's awful. Thoughts to you and yours.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  15. #1154
    @hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    5,089
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The guy mentioned in the 2nd line of the above post has since died too, where will it stop? 😢
    I’ve got no words tbh HH. All you and family can do is look after each other mate, take care and god bless.

  16. #1155
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Strandhill, Sligo
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,214
    Blog Entries
    1
    Just a heads up that i’m doing 15min guided meditations at 6pm each night mon-fri. A chance to ‘pause’ and let things settle. No charge just let me know if you want to join in & i’ll send u a link and password.

    It’s for anyone, no matter previous experience :-)

  17. #1156
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    23,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just a heads up that i’m doing 15min guided meditations at 6pm each night mon-fri. A chance to ‘pause’ and let things settle. No charge just let me know if you want to join in & i’ll send u a link and password.

    It’s for anyone, no matter previous experience :-)
    Remind me, you're based in Ireland permanently, yeah?

    If not, do you know about the NHS Project 5, where therapists can volunteer to support NHS staff?

  18. #1157
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    49
    Posts
    17,328
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve got no words tbh HH. All you and family can do is look after each other mate, take care and god bless.
    Thanks a lot, he has had another 2 since my last post. A guy he used to go fishing withs father in law and one of the old boys he drinks with on a Wednesday night.

  19. #1158
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Strandhill, Sligo
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,214
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remind me, you're based in Ireland permanently, yeah?

    If not, do you know about the NHS Project 5, where therapists can volunteer to support NHS staff?
    Yeah over here perm....Saying that I had lost all my work 4 weeks ago & now busiest Ive been for a long time..Doing some work for HSE here too.

  20. #1159
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    23,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah over here perm....Saying that I had lost all my work 4 weeks ago & now busiest Ive been for a long time..Doing some work for HSE here too.
    Good stuff

  21. #1160
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,256
    Stay safe everyone. See cornavurus thread but I have just got out of hospital.

    A guy across from me suffered unbelievable depression when he got the corna virus illness and did something really stupid which almost cost him his life.

    Guess I am posting this to say, if you feel low help is out there and having been through ab awful time recently I am free if anyone needs a chat.
    Cougars!!!

  22. #1161
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stay safe everyone. See cornavurus thread but I have just got out of hospital.

    A guy across from me suffered unbelievable depression when he got the corna virus illness and did something really stupid which almost cost him his life.

    Guess I am posting this to say, if you feel low help is out there and having been through ab awful time recently I am free if anyone needs a chat.
    👍stay safe

  23. #1162
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Many thanks! Aye Pilates is brilliant. I’ve been doing it for a few years now so know most of the moves etc so can do it at home. I really think it helped extend football career as well 👍

    That's great to hear about Pilates. I have a back issue which probably causes my near-chronic migraines. I think if I was a horse, it wouldn't be looking good... Back is uncomfortable almost all of the time, rather than painful. I'm grateful for big mercies really as it all could be a lot worse. Makes life harder than it should be. I see a chiro but will see if there's any really good Pilates stuff on YouTube. I don't 'have' to do anything right now so this could be a good time to try it out.

    Thanks for sharing this everyone.

  24. #1163
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The guy mentioned in the 2nd line of the above post has since died too, where will it stop? 😢
    So sorry to read that. Can't imagine how you're feeling but thoughts go out to you.

  25. #1164
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's exactly what was bothering me at the outset, it was the lack of any real certainty on how I was going to be living my life in this way. If I knew it was 6 months then I said I would be able to handle that better as I could mentally prepare for it.

    I'm not too sure why and I wish I could share the reason but I seem to have found a way to cope in the last week or so. I've got into a routine and I think I'm just trying to take the proverbial one day at a time which seems to be helping.

    Hope things improve for you, it's a really tough time.
    I posted this in a different group ages ago, I'm not sure how helpful it can be to you both, but if it is, great.

    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,
    and wisdom to know the difference

    Hi all,
    Hope we're all feeling as ok as we can about things right now. I know the thoughts about guilt and school (I'm a teacher), about giving up certain freedoms to self-isolate or go into quarantine are taking up a lot of our energy. I thought I'd share a few things I've learned in the past that helped me - feel free to totally ignore, cherry pick or use as you best see fit.
    Ok, I basically spent 6 months in a form of quarantine back in 2009. I was out about once a week, had a few times where I could go on day trips and managed a night or two away when I was feeling better...but it was 6 months of pain due to chronic migraines. And there were times where I thought this would be my life. So I've got some experience of this in some ways. 1 - You will adjust to it. Like everything in life, it's often less scary than our minds first make it out to be. 2 - You will adjust and find there are some positives to it - time with family, the ability to do things that you wouldn't have allocated time towards. 3 - You realise that online communities can actually keep you sane (and you also realise some need ditched within minutes!) 4 - There's a lot of good advice out there on how to cope mentally. Once you start to pick this up, it kinda stays there. I used a lot of Stoic philosophy and this has changed my life. 5 - Use mental health tools to help. I get hugely increased anxiety and aspects of clinical depression around my migraines. I find that 'morning pages' REALLY help me. Get three sheets of A3 pages and handwrite whatever is in your mind. Rant. Let it all out. It's not a diary so you don't need to worry about formating, handwriting, spelling, grammar or anything. Just write. And do the full three pages. I usually end ranting at around the end of page 2 and then feel a lot more mellow by the end of page 3 as I seem to be on a constructive and positive 'upswing' by then. 6 - Finally, focus as much as you can on control. This is pure Stoic philosophy btw. Most things in our life are outwith our control. Learn to focus on what we can do. We can't control CV but we can look to help, check up on others and keep it constructive and positive. I'm not religious but this 'Serenity Prayer' is used by the Alcoholics Anonymous and is more Stoic than Christian; God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,
    and wisdom to know the difference
    You'll be surprise as to how well you can cope with being at home. You'll pleasantly surprise yourselves I'm sure. There's SO much positivity and support in this group which we can all use.


    Some extra things I've done to help me;

    Keep a structure in your day
    Work out all the things you can do that 'you never have time for' - inc that boring stuff like updating a CV, sorting out house insurance documentation etc
    Morning pages really helped me
    do weights, exercise
    watch your diet
    schedule treats

  26. #1165
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8,819
    Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's great to hear about Pilates. I have a back issue which probably causes my near-chronic migraines. I think if I was a horse, it wouldn't be looking good... Back is uncomfortable almost all of the time, rather than painful. I'm grateful for big mercies really as it all could be a lot worse. Makes life harder than it should be. I see a chiro but will see if there's any really good Pilates stuff on YouTube. I don't 'have' to do anything right now so this could be a good time to try it out.

    Thanks for sharing this everyone.
    Hi mate, yoga with Adrian is a YouTube channel and she does specials on back pain etc, she’s brilliant and pretty easy to watch as well.

  27. #1166
    Coaching Staff stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    7,636
    Mental Health And Wellbeing in Covid-19 - resources.

    https://wellbeingincovid19.com/?fbcl...90olamuDALaFd8

  28. #1167
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,934
    Thanks Stu, today has been really tuff. I am becoming nocturnal, keep the windows open but stay on the couch. Had a massive vinyl session last night, loved it but now? tonight i am not great. Will cook in an hour or so but hear the wind is picking up outside.

    Ps: I talked to my daughter. Broke my heart.

  29. #1168
    Coaching Staff stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    7,636
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks Stu, today has been really tuff. I am becoming nocturnal, keep the windows open but stay on the couch. Had a massive vinyl session last night, loved it but now? tonight i am not great. Will cook in an hour or so but hear the wind is picking up outside.

    Ps: I talked to my daughter. Broke my heart.
    I agree with those who talk of keeping a light routine mate. Might be a good idea to work yourself night by night back towards a normal-sh bedtime? I know these things seem unimportant in the scheme of things currently, many are not rushing off to work in the morning and so on, but I do believe something of a routine is a good idea and keeps us 'anchored' in our lives. Maybe finding a little meaning in the current situation is crucial for a significant amount ot people. We always try to 'make sense' out of life - it's what we do. Maybe you could emerge from any thoughts of a behavioural shut down by seeking out a couple of local seniors who could do with a wee helping hand of support at the moment? You may find it surprising how mutually beneficial that would be.

  30. #1169
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with those who talk of keeping a light routine mate. Might be a good idea to work yourself night by night back towards a normal-sh bedtime? I know these things seem unimportant in the scheme of things currently, many are not rushing off to work in the morning and so on, but I do believe something of a routine is a good idea and keeps us 'anchored' in our lives. Maybe finding a little meaning in the current situation is crucial for a significant amount ot people. We always try to 'make sense' out of life - it's what we do. Maybe you could emerge from any thoughts of a behavioural shut down by seeking out a couple of local seniors who could do with a wee helping hand of support at the moment? You may find it surprising how mutually beneficial that would be.
    My sleep pattern is shocking at the moment. This lockdown is really mucking with me now. Five weeks without seeing my wee girl is horrible. I know there are people worse off then me but this is kicking my arse.
    At least its sunny here in Cambridge, time to sit in the garden.

  31. #1170
    Coaching Staff stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Redhill, Nottingham
    Posts
    7,636
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My sleep pattern is shocking at the moment. This lockdown is really mucking with me now. Five weeks without seeing my wee girl is horrible. I know there are people worse off then me but this is kicking my arse.
    At least its sunny here in Cambridge, time to sit in the garden.
    Try not to worry about those 'people worse off than me' social comparisons wpj, they don't help and for some, it can actually make them feel even worse because of the guilt it creates. Remember that, like depression, this isolation and the feelings it creates will come and will go. There will be bad days and better days, hang in there.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved