hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aberdeen away rescheduled

Pie and Bovril ‏@pieandbov
    #Aberdeen v #Hibernian scheduled for 26th Jan 3pm has been moved to Sunday 27th Jan 1230pm. Moved for SKY Sports. #SPL

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Madness

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    GTF SKY

that is all

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee92 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pie and Bovril ‏@pieandbov
    #Aberdeen v #Hibernian scheduled for 26th Jan 3pm has been moved to Sunday 27th Jan 1230pm. Moved for SKY Sports. #SPL
    The price of success I guess!

The longer we hang about at the top of the table then the greater TV coverage we'll receive.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    When did we last play there on a Saturday at 3pm? Must be a couple of seasons anyway.

Given the current improvement in both team's fortunes, I'd have bet (if the game had been Sat 3pm) on a massively improved attendance over recent encounters. It's as if they did this kind of thing deliberately to spoil games

**** off SKY. Actively ruining the match day experience for supporters in Scotland while the clubs sit back and watch.

You know, I actually can't remember the last time Hibs took a decent support to Aberdeen. Normally, our support is only in three figures up there, yet we can often take 1,500-2,000 to other away games.

Can anyone else think of the last time we had a really big support there? I'm sure we used to get more in the 80's, even though our teams then were mostly sh*t.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    What about Celtic at home? Has that been moved at all?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Least with Setantas 2pm Sunday kick offs, or even Sky Sports' 1.30pm/4pm for EPL you get a chance to have a bit lunch, pint etc. 12.30 on a Sunday, is there public transport from Edinburgh that gets you in at that time?

A good away day/piss-up spoit once more. AMF!

Ridiculous - how do they expect fans to travel for 12.30 on a Sunday? And you wonder why people say there is empty seats during live SPL matches - this is why.

Absolute joke, yet again......

Sunday 27th at 12.30 in Aberdeen, and the following Wednesday away in Dingwall.....Do the fans ever get considered, definitely not.....Football fans being shafted right, left and centre........
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

why the **** can the football authorities in this country not use simple common sense, it's staring them in the face the most sensible thing to do is have the likes of aberdeen/inverness/ross co play each other in any midweek games or early KO's, total ignorance of the very people that pay to keep they ****s in jobs in the first place ffs

Can't believe that the Celtic game on 29/12 will remain a 3pm ko on a Saturday that is also bound to change for tv.

Great, another early start from Stranraer

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    Can't believe that the Celtic game on 29/12 will remain a 3pm ko on a Saturday that is also bound to change for tv.
    Leaving it late though! Considering they've already announced the Hearts game on the 3rd and now the Aberdeen game on the 27th, I'd have thought they'd know by now whether they are moving the Celtic game or not. I've been holding off picking up my extra ticket for it because I know if it gets moved to the Sunday I won't be able to make it. So it would be nice to know!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeN View Post
    Leaving it late though! Considering they've already announced the Hearts game on the 3rd and now the Aberdeen game on the 27th, I'd have thought they'd know by now whether they are moving the Celtic game or not. I've been holding off picking up my extra ticket for it because I know if it gets moved to the Sunday I won't be able to make it. So it would be nice to know!
    I will be purchasing 2 tickets for that game regardless so if they do move it ............

just looked at trains to aberdeen on the 27th and it looks like the trains are only running to dundee and you have to get the bus from there

First Team Breakthrough ZS DOOM's Avatar
    Absolute joke. **** sky

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lbouncer View Post
    just looked at trains to aberdeen on the 27th and it looks like the trains are only running to dundee and you have to get the bus from there
    Engineering works nearly always takes place in a Sunday.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    why the **** can the football authorities in this country not use simple common sense, it's staring them in the face the most sensible thing to do is have the likes of aberdeen/inverness/ross co play each other in any midweek games or early KO's, total ignorance of the very people that pay to keep they ****s in jobs in the first place ffs
    Aberdeen is not that close to ICT and Ross County. Hellish roads and takes about 2 - 2.5 hours. Dingwall is closer to 3. You can just about do Edinburgh to Aberdeen in the same time.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    ****ing joke
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    Yip, bound to be changed to either an early start on the Sat or sometime on the Sunday.

With it being holiday time it could be moved to any day really though.

Ross County game on Boxing Day (the Wednesday) should safe guard it from being any earlier than the Sat though and as things stand, Celtic down to play Motherwell on Wednesday 2nd Jan so looks like it will be either Sat 29th or Sun 30th. Who knows though.

Can't undertsnad why they are rescheduling games taking place after this one and not announcing anything about this one. You would think Hibs v Celtic would be a banker for TV at the best of times but with Hibs up near them at the top then even more so.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    You know, I actually can't remember the last time Hibs took a decent support to Aberdeen. Normally, our support is only in three figures up there, yet we can often take 1,500-2,000 to other away games.

Can anyone else think of the last time we had a really big support there? I'm sure we used to get more in the 80's, even though our teams then were mostly sh*t.
    Seem to remember a midweek cup game up there where we won on penalties and there was a pretty decent crowd. Possibly around 1997ish. I do agree though that we never seem to take a healthy support to Aberdeen.

unreal

It seems to be the norm on Sundays through January every year. It isn't so bad, you jump off the train at Dundee and the buses are waiting there for you to complete the trip to Aberdeen.
    Last edited by marinello59; 14-11-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    It's easier and quicker to get from Edinburgh to Aberdeen than it is to get from Aberdeen to Inverness. There are so many early kick offs now it would be impossible to restrict them to near neighbours. Some of the journeys faced by fans down South make ours look like a short hop though.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It's easier and quicker to get from Edinburgh to Aberdeen than it is to get from Aberdeen to Inverness. There are so many early kick offs now it would be impossible to restrict them to near neighbours. Some of the journeys faced by fans down South make ours look like a short hop though.

Edinburgh to Aberdeen 126 miles 2hrs 50mins
    Aberdeen to inverness 105 miles 2hrs 30mins

yer 20mins nearer

Edinburgh to Dingwall 168miles 3hrs 45mins
    Aberdeen to Dingwall 116 miles 2hrs 44mins

but i certainly wouldn't fancy the travel for a carlisle v plymouth game

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I'll be able to get and down in the daylight