hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar

People leaving match with 5mins. to go

This is a strange thing about football fans , today at 2 1 to Hibs with 5 mins. to go and Utd on the front foot and Hibs hanging on rather , some fans got up and went home. SORRY BUT HOW THE CAN YOU GO HOME WITH THE GAME IN THE BALANCE. This totally defeats me and the ultimate proof that anything can happen at any time in a match was when Arsenal were 4 down last week and a lot of there fans went home but they came back to win 7 5. Unless my team are 5 down with 5 mins to go I am not going to leave. It has to be impossible for Hibs to win before I leave. I am a HIBEE ever the optimist.
    Last edited by MSK; 11-11-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Swear filter

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    It was their loss. I loved cheering and clapping my team off the park at the end.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was their loss. I loved cheering and clapping my team off the park at the end.
    :pfgwa

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    And they missed all the fun with Skacel just before and after the whistle. MUGS

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I get up when the clock hits 90 mins and move down the front, I'm not going home, I just want a quick getaway. I'd imagine most are doing that?

First Team Regular H1bs6H3arts2 FC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    This is a strange thing about football fans , today at 2 1 to Hibs with 5 mins. to go and Utd on the front foot and Hibs hanging on rather , some fans got up and went home. SORRY BUT HOW THE CAN YOU GO HOME WITH THE GAME IN THE BALANCE. This totally defeats me and the ultimate proof that anything can happen at any time in a match was when Arsenal were 4 down last week and a lot of there fans went home but they came back to win 7 5. Unless my team are 5 down with 5 mins to go I am not going to leave. It has to be impossible for Hibs to win before I leave. I am a HIBEE ever the optimist.
    I was in the top part of the East but left my seat with 5 mins to go BUT sneaked in beside my bro & his mates who sit down the front so managed to see the players come off & that wee welt Satchel acting the erse It takes absolutely ages to get out the East Stand so i can understand people in the higher parts doing the same - if the game is live on sky/espn it is usually on the screens in the concourse also so no-one misses a thing

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Been done to death on here, I agree with you but there are loads of reasons why people want to leave early, their loss if they miss anything.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    you can tell we're doing well when threads like this appear

First Team Breakthrough Duffys13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I get up when the clock hits 90 mins and move down the front, I'm not going home, I just want a quick getaway. I'd imagine most are doing that?
    Yeah I sit high in the east and it takes ages getting out. I leave my seat 5 mins early and then watch it down at the bottom.Stewards don't seem bothered with it.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    It's got nowt to do you if people leave early. Their money their choice, simple as that. Topic done to death before. Close thread please admins.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This is how it feels

I always find it bizarre when folk start getting upset by other folks behaviour when that behaviour has absolutely nothing to do with them and impacts on them in no discernible way. It's a bit like moaning aout your neighbour having something you don't like for his dinner.

Ain't going to rip people apart but it is strange. If the match is decided with a 3 goal lead with five mins to go then fair enough. But, when a game is close, can't understand it

@hibs.net private member
    Here we go again, let's pick fault at our own fans, the ones that are paying to watch their team even after a few seasons of total guff. Perhaps we should revel in the positives? We are top of the league after all, 10 points ahead of the blood stained turds that are in a financial mess, only 3 wins away of beating last years total points haul? If you have to pick fault with our fans, pick fault with the ones that don't even turn up.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    Here we go again, let's pick fault at our own fans, the ones that are paying to watch their team even after a few seasons of total guff. Perhaps we should revel in the positives? We are top of the league after all, 10 points ahead of the blood stained turds that are in a financial mess, only 3 wins away of beating last years total points haul? If you have to pick fault with our fans, pick fault with the ones that don't even turn up.
    Your over the top reaction to the OP who was not having a go but making an observation and asking a question is exactly the type of post you are yourself complaining about!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    It's got nowt to do you if people leave early. Their money their choice, simple as that. Topic done to death before. Close thread please admins.

concur with all of this

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    And they missed all the fun with Skacel just before and after the whistle. MUGS
    Rather than calling people mugs for leaving a couple of minutes early. At least they went to the game !! I stayed to the end by the way :-)

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    It's a bit like moaning about your neighbour having something you don't like for his dinner.

Makes my blood boil, that does.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Been done to death on here, I agree with you but there are loads of reasons why people want to leave early, their loss if they miss anything.
    totally
    Please not another thread as we certainly don't need to go down that road again !!.
    It's called ' personal choice ' how does the OP know what these people's circumstances are/were ?

It's not a hibs thing and I think the guy was on about supporters in general. There are early leavers at every groubd

Quote Originally Posted by euansdad View Post
    It's not a hibs thing and I think the guy was on about supporters in general. There are early leavers at every groubd
    Yeah it's not just a Hibs or Scottish football thing...it is a lil odd if you think about it, you pay a lot of money to go watch the match but leave early so as not to get stuck in the traffic which is being caused by there being a match on? You don't get up 5 mins before the end of a movie to get home easier do you, so why a football game?

It's curious really and an interesting thought on human nature, I dunno, perhaps they get a 5.55% discount on ticket prices?

I stay to the end 99% of the time but why have a go at folk who leave when we don't know anything about them. They may need to get back for Kids or catch a train or bus. I'm just delighted these guys turn up and pay their money in the first place. No harm in leaving if they want/need too.

Some of the reactions to the OP are a bit over the top. He was talking about how he couldn't really understand why fans in general do this (which they do, you see it everywhere).

It really is people's choice as to what they do. No one can tell them to do different.

However, saying that is has no affect is not entirely true. I've been irked a few times when I'm watching the last 5-10 minutes of a game that is still in the balance and having my view blocked by a constant stream of people leaving early (or moving down the front, if you like ). Also, it must be a bit demoralising to the team to see half the support gone befor the game's even finished.

Your choice but please don't say it doesn't affect anyone else.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 12-11-2012 at 10:59 AM.

I took my mate from Rochdale to his first Hibernian game last season - it was a massive game against Dunfermline.

We were staying in Aberdeen and had to leave Easter Road early. In all my life time, watching Stranraer and Hibs, I had never left a game early. The one time I did - Paul Hanlon scored a goal that wasn't really a goal.

Never leaving early again.

Guess there are valid reasons which is why I didn't want to have a go. Just seems odd though at times when games are in the balance

Quote Originally Posted by euansdad View Post
    Guess there are valid reasons which is why I didn't want to have a go. Just seems odd though at times when games are in the balance
    The only time I leave early (which may be once a season) is when I need to travel north after the game and need a quick getaway. The difference in leaving 5 mins early and waiting to the final whistle before I leave from the top of my stand and then to work your way through the 1000s of fans all trying to get home via congested roads, can be around 30 minutes. When travelling far from ER, that thirty minutes can make quite a difference.

Also, I am quite fit , but for those less fit, I imagine they want to be down the steps before everyone else tries to barge their way down them.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    'F*** sake Stevenson, you're no good enough', 'f***ing hell Maybury, you're pi**', 'Hanlon you're murder, no good enough', 'f*** sake Doyle, touch like an elephant', 'That's p**h Taiwo, no good enough', 'Williams you're absolutely honking, f***ing rank', 'Wotherspoon that's ******ing guff, never a player' and finally 'AAHHHHH ****** OFF SPROULE YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY ******ING MINCE, WORST PLAYER I HAVE EVER ******ING SEEN, ****** OFF' and then he stormed out the stadium after Ivan should have played the ball to Kuqi. I think I know why he left early, he never has a positive thing to say about any player and has never applauded a goal from Doyle or Wotherspoon and seems to think every Hibs player is rank, the guy is a total trumpet and if he doesn't enjoy the football I don't see why he pays for a season ticket and then leaves early every week in a rage as what he is seeing 'isn't good enough'

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Some of the reactions to the OP are a bit over the top. He was talking about how he couldn't really understand why fans in general do this (which they do, you see it everywhere).

It really is people's choice as to what they do. No one can tell them to do different.

However, saying that is has no affect is not entirely true. I've been irked a few times when I'm watching the last 5-10 minutes of a game that is still in the balance and having my view blocked by a constant stream of people leaving early (or moving down the front, if you like ). Also, it must be a bit demoralising to the team to see half the support gone befor the game's even finished.

Your choice but please don't say it doesn't affect anyone else.
    I get irked by people heading out before half time with two minutes to go to beat the rush and the very same people manage to come back a minute or two into the second half. Just because they wanted to stand blethering in the concourse. You pay your money, you come and go as you please.

It's personal choice at the end of the day.

I've only left 3 games early that I can remember. A certain semi final and a certain final and a 3-0 defeat in Aberdeen when it was about -5.

I just don't want to risk missing late excitement. If others have their own reasons or would just rather nip off a couple of minutes early and potentially miss a late goal or whatever then that's up to them.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As long as people turn up and pay to get in that's all that matters and they can leave when they like, it's their choice. We should be more concerned about getting more through the gates rather than those leaving 5mins early.