hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thank you STF and R Petrie

We Hib's supporters have voiced our concerns at the lack of spending on our squad and blamed STF and Rod for not doing their bit. If we look at the "Big Team" over the city they got an owner who had no real interest in the team and only used it for his own purposes whereas we got people who cared.
    We have an excellent stadium, they have an asbestos hell hole: we have our own excellent training facilities, they do not:we have an owner who put up the funds to save our club and has not taken offence at some of the comments aimed at him over the years, equally we have not been slow to aim comments at Rod Petrie about his tight financial controls but at this particular time we should stand and show our appreciation that we do not have the problems facing Hearts.
    Thank you Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie.

2. Log in to remove the advert

hibs are the blueprint for running a sustainable football club now...many will follow in the footsteps of r.p. and s.t.f. and we owe them a debt of gratitude for standing firm in their fiscal policy when countless fans were demanding player investment we couldn't afford.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Hear, hear.
    STF & RP ain't perfect but then neither is anyone else, my gratitude
    is boundless.
    GG

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    100%.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    Agree 100%

My Sevco supporting fans at work have been saying all week that Hearts will be the first of many clubs to go down this route. Despite everything I have said to them about us and our business model they cannot get it into their caveman heads that it won't happen.

Sir Tom and Rod, I thank you for all the work you have done to save, protect and progressively grow our club.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    It's a bit like moaning at your Mum and Dad about not getting out, not getting to stay up late or not getting the latest toy. So annoying but you know that they have your best interests at heart and they will bring you up to be a decent honourable person.

Unlike the spoiled brats across the road that end up in a Young Offenders Institution.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    We won two league cups when we were working our way out of dire financial situations, whilst they have brought themselves to the brink of oblivion for the sake of 3 Scottish Cups - whose achievements are greater?

It's been very hard at times, but the sacrifices that we have made and infrastructure that we have in place will pay dividends long term.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    We've had it tough but its times like this that makes you realise that the financial security of the club is as important as the football side

How a club should be run.

Totally Agree.

Its like anything from the economy to a football club: do NOT spend an unsustainable amount. Sure you can mount up a bit of debt but only if you are 100% certain you can pay it back...rather than keep of spending and then BANG and a massive deficit exceeding your whole clubs value probably by 80-100%!

They deserve a massive amount of credit for how they have run the club, they have still invested the necessary amount (look at where we are now!!) without spending stupid amounts.

All hail the tache and farmer.

Credit where credit is due

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by rosscarnie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Credit where credit is due
    And Tax where Tax is due

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Their wage bill is near on comparable with us. The playing field is almost level.

I know which squad I'd rather have.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    We've had it tough but its times like this that makes you realise that the financial security of the club is as important as the football side
    10/10

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Hail hail the tache is here!!! :-(D

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    On my phone fat fingers think I just reported a post by mistake on this thread

Agreed and yes, I have been frustrated at times in the past with lack of spending but Petrie has cut his cloth to suit the environment we play in and I'd rather be in our boat now than theirs

Promising Youngster
    There is no point in building a house without solid foundations it will eventually collaspe around you as is now happening to that lot on the other side of town.

Thanks to STF and RP we have now have a fantastic stadium and training facilities so the foundations are in place. We have over the years had to suffer the lack of investment in the team but i have backed RP in many discussions that what they were implementing with the infurstructure we would benefit more as a team and support going forward.

Ok we have suffered over the last few years with the managers that were put in place, but they were backed by RP with funds (as much as any team in the spl out with old firm and that cheating lot) and did not produce the goods with a team on the park. We now seem to have a manager and the makings of a team that we can enjoy watching and supporting and will hopefully bring much needed success that we all crave for.

That lot are on a mission to save there club (can't see it happening) and they are rallying round and throwing money buy tickets etc.

As a season ticket holder for many years lets rub it into them by backing our club Hibernian fc by trying to get new and lasped supporters along to easter road and in turn providing the manager with additional funds to better the team. How good would it be to watch them struggle in the lower divisions and them having to watch us grow in size as a support and club, but doing it the right way by paying or taxes and living within in or means. Who is the big team now?

Show you appreciation by turning up every week.....the more fans we have the more money we have and

I made this point on the PM board.

Hearts are clearly in crisis. They've floated a share issue - which is a major event for any company, they have a winding-up petition hanging over them and a further tax case to be defended and they are consistently struggling to meet their routine costs. They've even issued a statement that their entire future is at serious risk. It's probably the greatest crisis in their history and it's becoming ever more obvious that this all started many weeks ago.

Where have the directors - the people who are responsible for running the company - been during all this? Well, one flew in to 'sort it all out' yesterday, the rest are nowhere to be seen and the chairman - the figurehead of the whole operation - has been invisible for years. Moreover HoMFC don't pay these directors, they depend on UBIG for a living and now they have to negotiate with UBIG to try to dig HoMFC out of the hole. Can they act in HoMFC's best interests? Not a chance.

It sums up why I've always favoured directors who are paid employees of the company. They depend on the survival of the company for their own living, they work at the company's premises on a daily basis and they are at hand to deal with a crisis immediately. They will also act in the best interests of their employer - but then so will the Hearts directors.

Promising Youngster GreenGiant1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Reid1875
    Yep seeing the state of the manky mob over the road has given me new found appreciation for STF and Rod Petrie and the work they've done for hibs. Thank you and well done. Onwards and upwards. The futures green and white. GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BauerPower911
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    It's a bit like moaning at your Mum and Dad about not getting out, not getting to stay up late or not getting the latest toy. So annoying but you know that they have your best interests at heart and they will bring you up to be a decent honourable person.

Unlike the spoiled brats across the road that end up in a Young Offenders Institution.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Sir Tom Farmer gave me the chance to support this club (unfortunately maybe ) as the time where we came so close to extinction was before I was born.

Absolute god.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Well said the OP

First Team Breakthrough
    Imagine if somehow we were to announce Sparky had signed. What a fantastic lift for us and they would be spewing (even more)!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So the bottom line is:

- we lived within our means
    - we maximised the returns on youth policy
    - we invested in infrastructure giving us a stadium and training ground that we own
    - we picked up a wee league cup on the way
    - we accepted mediocre football
    - we survived and are in a position to be players in the new structure of European football

It's all a bit biblical, and I am glad that so many Hibs fans didn't turn on the board along the way. What's even better those that did will learn to think longer term.

All that remains is the padlock to shut on the PBS forever, and our morality tale will be complete.

Been a fierce critic of rp over the years, yes he didmake mistakes with certain managerial appointments but thank god for him and stf! Look at us and look at our pennyless pink neighbours! Ironically enough, after years of misery for us, just as we seem to be turning a corner on the field, its all coming crumbling down over the road! Funny old game right enough!!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They are casting as big a shadow as the twin towers did on 9/11.

Yip. I'm going to be honest, I've been frustrated at times particularly after relegation battles and derby losses but fair play, the powers that be have lived within their means and are securing a better future for us