hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Huge game on Sunday

Not a lot of news coming out pf Hibs this week, seem to be keeping a low profile.
    The game against a United for me will be a marker for this new Hibs team. United on a bit of a role again, and they seem to have all their big players back.
    Can't see too many changes from Saturday's starting 11 unless Clancy is fit.
    Hopefully get a decent performance

2. Log in to remove the advert

It is. The huge comeback against Celtic and the win in midweek will see them on a role. Will be a toughie

Yep, after all the hilarity from the last few days regarding the news from the paupers across the city, we should now be focusing on what is a massive game for us on Sunday.

We have a shocking record against Dundee Utd in recent years and it will be a big opportunity for us to keep the pressure on Celtic and also to pull further away from the other teams in the league.

I'm unfortunately working on Sunday so I won't be able to make it but I hope we see a big crowd for this match and we can continue our excellent start to the season.

Have to SKY+ it, cant even watch it whilst at work

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Completely agree with the OP, this is a major test of the "new" Hibs. People obsess about the lack of wins against Hearts, but the record against Dundee United is arguably worse over (say) a 5 year period, which reflects the decline of Hibs since 2007 and their consistency in the same period. The only game I can recall Hibs winning in the last four years against them was when they were resting players ahead of a cup final and Hibs had to win to get a European place. If Hibs can win (or even get the better end of a draw) in a game like this it would be a significant step forward.

We've painted the away dressing room bright green, hope Skacel enjoys it

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Need to get back at them for the start of the season.
    Serious dislike toward UTD and don't even really know why, but we should manage the points cause I think we are better than them. When Is Deegan back?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a lot of news coming out pf Hibs this week, seem to be keeping a low profile.
    The game against a United for me will be a marker for this new Hibs team. United on a bit of a role again, and they seem to have all their big players back.
    Really hope Clancy is back for this one, Maybury is solid but Clancy has been a standout so far. Anyone know if Deegan has been training yet?

I think every game so far this season has been labeled as important, as they should be. It is key for us to make up for our heavy loss at the start of the season to show the kind of progression we have made. I'm fairly certain Deegan hasn't trained yet, he went back to the ground to say hello to his team mates, I believe that is all for now, probably this year. Unfortunately. I'm sure Taiwo will come into a game though, really impressed me against Motherwell.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Is it 12.45 ko? Gonna miss first half due to travel back to uni cocked right up on the times
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Cheesed off I'm missing this. The atmosphere will be tremendous with Thomson the ref and our neighbours predicament.

Utd are coming onto a bit of form and have players returning to full fitness. We'll need to be at our best to get a win but I thought Griffiths had his best game for us on Saturday so fingers crossed.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Yeah mate it is

Left by mutual consent!
    Close faught win if our defence plays well then we have a great chance cos we should score.

looking forward to this one, and hoping to hear some new songs from S43 dont like D.Utd for some reason,maybe because they've had the Indian sign on us for so long.this game will be a test of our character, as we've had a few breaks recently.however, the ref wont give us the benefit o' a 50/50 throw in in our own half if he can get away wi' it. we will need to earn a result,and can expect nae favours at all.

I shall be there! First game this season and I cannot bloody wait
    Couldn't have picked a better time to come home really.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Somebody to start a song about Hearts going bust and Thomson to lose the head and do everything he can to ruin the game.

Promising Youngster drifter533814's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: drifter533814
    I have always found that it is utd fans that hate us, never understood why?. Is it because they resent the fact we had a hand in their formation back in the day or maybe because we enjoyed dundee winning so much back in 86. Whatever it is, I feel like because they hate us so much I am obligated to respond in the same manner.

Could it be a casual/hooligan thing? There were a number of incidents between the two sets over the years. Clutching at straws but might be something there

@hibs.net private member iainm1875's Avatar
    I'm sure they hate us after the match at ER when they put the ball out for an injured player and we kept it. Matty Jack I think. Throw in , corner, penalty, goal Latapy, Combe sent off.

Do they hate us? I have enjoyed decent banter before and after matches with United fans down the years.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

I've never heard anything apart from just the usual banter to be honest

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs-1875 View Post
    I think every game so far this season has been labeled as important, as they should be. It is key for us to make up for our heavy loss at the start of the season to show the kind of progression we have made. I'm fairly certain Deegan hasn't trained yet, he went back to the ground to say hello to his team mates, I believe that is all for now, probably this year. Unfortunately. I'm sure Taiwo will come into a game though, really impressed me against Motherwell.

i would agree with that every game seems like its vital because of whats happened in the previous 2 seasons everyone still has that little bit of fear that we might return to that level again and i feel that is whats driving us on this season its the determination to never let us drop our standards. Were a team with something to prove and that makes us dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    i would agree with that every game seems like its vital because of whats happened in the previous 2 seasons everyone still has that little bit of fear that we might return to that level again and i feel that is whats driving us on this season its the determination to never let us drop our standards. Were a team with something to prove and that makes us dangerous

This is a huge game. I think Dundee utd are the team I've seen us lose to most in my ventures to Easter road over the past few years. Thanks to a Sunday game I'll be making my first game this season! Getting excited already and I can't say I've had that before a game in a while!

Will be ignoring this forum Sunday afternoon. Will tape it on sky and watch it when I get in. This is a game I'm pumped for. Win it and it really sets down a marker

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20196357

Deegan definitely out

Clancy probably out

Barry Douglas out for United, which means Gunning playing out of position at left back.

Left by mutual consent!
    We used to always beat United tae. What happened ? Damn.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso View Post
    We used to always beat United tae. What happened ? Damn.
    In the days of Tam (pole dancer) McManus etc, we had a great record

We have a score to settle with them so 3-0 for us Sparky with two

Left by mutual consent!
    In the days of Tam (pole dancer) McManus etc, we had a great record
    Pumped them 5-0 at the start of some season, and regularly about that time. They were always a team we could count on getting the 3 points against. Let's bring it back.

@hibs.net private member Lang Toun Hibs's Avatar
    Completely correct. The 4-0 win at Motherwell deserves to be followed up by 6 points from two home games. We're half way there but struggled a bit against St Mirren in my opinion. This will be a tougher test against a better team on a bit of roll with him in their team and that in the middle....sorry can't bring myself to dirty my post with the names but I guess you know who I'm talking about. A win this weekend will be a tremendous result.

GGTTH!