hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: NHL (or not?)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

NHL (or not?)

Any of the bigger hockey fans than me on here able to provide any insights into the shambles which has been the launch (or lack thereof) of the new NHL season?!

With no end to the row in sight, it's beginning to look like we're only going to get half a season with all of the games in November having been cancelled as well as the winter classic at Michigan Stadium in January.

With the MLB and NCAA seasons finished/drawing to a close, I ended up getting rid of ESPN/ESPN America as it looks like there's not going to be an NHL season to broadcast at this rate!

If this continues, the reputation of the league stands to be seriously damaged (if not already!).
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Elliotte Friedman is always worth a read... http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-refrains.html

You could also bounce around Puck Daddy and the SBNation NHL blogs.

The NHL seem to be playing a really aggressive game with the player's union. Doesn't seem like they're particularly fussed to get a resolution thrashed out any time soon. Seemed to be a bit more urgency with the NFL and NBA last year.

In other NHL news, I'm absolutely delighted that my Islanders are staying in NY. Hopefully means we can get some decent players to come to us now our situation is a bit more settled