Thread: Tom Taiwo

Tom Taiwo

hows he done last 2 games?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I thought he done well today
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Done well today, put in a great challenge on that thug Goodwin aswell!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Done well but is a very similar player to claros I think. More than adequate replacement until deegan is back though.
    Mon the Hibs.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Shows how much about opinions football is I thought he was awful today the credit id give him is he never hid and kept on trying willing to give him benefit of the doubt though since he's still working back to fitness

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shows how much about opinions football is I thought he was awful today the credit id give him is he never hid and kept on trying willing to give him benefit of the doubt though since he's still working back to fitness

I though Claros was excellent again but Taiwo was a bit of a passenger, maybe still short on fitness but didn't impress me.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Very poor 1st half but he wasn't the only one. Came on to a game in the 2nd, looked decent enough.

When he signed that's what he said "il never stop trying even if I'm off my game"
    What a weekend

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    I though Claros was excellent again but Taiwo was a bit of a passenger, maybe still short on fitness but didn't impress me.
    Thought the same about Claros a different man from last season long may it continue

@hibs.net private member
    Early days and still settling into the club. But on the performances so far he is no better than Stevenson

Think he does the simple thing very well. Tidies up in the centre of the park, doesn't do the spectacular but every team needs a player like him. Good addition to the squad. Quietly effective without being sensational, hard worker , tackles well and rarely wastes a ball, although a lot of his passes are sideways/backwards in order to keep possession. Needs to add a few forward defence - splitting passes to his game.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Early days and still settling into the club. But on the performances so far he is no better than Stevenson
    Sorry can't agree did you see how off the pace Stevenson was from every other hibs player when he came on to day? Tom was not so good today but I thought he was lot better on Friday.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Yup, early days. I always give a new player at least 1/2 season before I make a decision
    I think he is a bit behind the rest in fitness, as he missed a pre-season

Stevenson could have cost us the game with his inability to keep the ball -the only dangerous area he put it into was when he twice played them in down our left because he can't kick the ball with his right foot.Thought it was a poor substitution-if he thought Doyle was tiring he should have brought on another striker and moved Cairney back out to the left.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Stevenson could have cost us the game with his inability to keep the ball -the only dangerous area he put it into was when he twice played them in down our left because he can't kick the ball with his right foot.Thought it was a poor substitution-if he thought Doyle was tiring he should have brought on another striker and moved Cairney back out to the left.
    Agree - Doyle was having a nightmare but bringing Lewis on to keep the ball wasn't really the best idea.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Didn't see last weeks game (don't ask sky+ cock up) but wasn't over impressed today although he kept trying , it was a pity that Gary Deegan wasn't there to sort Goodwin. Back to Tom he did have 1 good tackle on said Goodwin but rather reminded me of one Tom Soares from last season and hope like Claros is just taking time to settle in.

Jury is out on him as far as I'm concerned, but I'm prepared to give him time given his lack of football since the end of last season. Misplaced far too many simple passes today for my liking but I can see the potential in where he was trying to place his passes etc.

Opinions ah? Thought Stevenson was murder when he camp on personally and to be brutally honest, is no longer good enough for this improved hibs team. Thought taiwo did well but we do miss deegan.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    Taiwo has the skills but he just kept knocking the ball on today when he should have taken more time and created space. Fortunately we had Claros, otherwise we could have lost the central midfield battle.
    Without Deegan, our midfield bench is very very weak.

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post

Couldn't agree more, we totally lost our shape bringing Stevenson on, strange substitution when playing against 10 men and nearly lost us a couple of points IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees07 View Post
    Couldn't agree more, we totally lost our shape bringing Stevenson on, strange substitution when playing against 10 men and nearly lost us a couple of points IMO.
    He was effectively a straight swap for Doyle who was playing on the left of a five man midfield from halftime onwards. Credit to Fenlon for seeing how we were being over run in midfield in the first half and reacting to it.

Funny, I thought he was one of our better players, on a day when we were not at our best.

Still, I suppose it is Hibs.net style to knock him after 2 games.

I think he will continue to improve, the more games he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    He was effectively a straight swap for Doyle who was playing on the left of a five man midfield from halftime onwards. Credit to Fenlon for seeing how we were being over run in midfield in the first half and reacting to it.

Yep, the switch worked well but the substitution didn't.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Funny, I thought he was one of our better players, on a day when we were not at our best.

Still, I suppose it is Hibs.net style to knock him after 2 games.

I think he will continue to improve, the more games he plays.
    Nobody is knocking him most have said about settling in and his fitness people are giving an opinion on a question asked by the OP

@hibs.net private member
    couldn't make it today but was at Motherwell last week and thought he was excellent.

Won nearly every tackle and barely misplaced any passes. He and Claros fought like demons and protected the back 4 very well

On the subject of Taiwo, I was a bit disappointed with him today after a decent performance against Motherwell.

It's early day's though and he had a tough/physical opponent in Goodwin.

William's was my MOTM, he is a brilliant shot stopper and saved 2 or 3 certain goals.

Nobody is knocking him most have said about settling in and his fitness people are giving an opinion on a question asked by the OP

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Unspectacular but quietly efficient.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Unspectacular but quietly efficient.

Against Motherwell I thought he did pretty well, quietly efficient, but when he did break forward he looked good.

This was only his second game; I don't think we should be rushing to judgement this early in his time at the club.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees07 View Post
    Yep, the switch worked well but the substitution didn't.
    We held on for a win so you could say it did work.