hibs.net Messageboard

Creche for Hibs?

I´m not a dad, I just read what some of you were saying on another thread and thought it may be useful to have a thread on its own.
    I have noticed one or two mentioning having a creche at ER would be ideal, as getting sitters is expensive and keeps a few from the game.
    I think its a great idea, I have no idea what the outlay would be but this surely could be something the club/fans could look into it could also be partly a voluntary thing for the creche nanny/s, and a way of getting more through the door.
    Even discount for ST,s or the club could charge 5 quid or so?
    Again,I have no figures on what the uptake would be or even how this would work but do think there is a place for it at ER.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I´m not a dad, I just read what some of you were saying on another thread and thought it may be useful to have a thread on its own.
    I have noticed one or two mentioning having a creche at ER would be ideal, as getting sitters is expensive and keeps a few from the game.
    I think its a great idea, I have no idea what the outlay would be but this surely could be something the club/fans could look into it could also be partly a voluntary thing for the creche nanny/s, and a way of getting more through the door.
    Even discount for ST,s or the club could charge 5 quid or so?
    Again,I have no figures on what the uptake would be or even how this would work but do think there is a place for it at ER.

It's a nice idea and - if there's enough demand out there - I'm sure it would be worth looking at how the community foundation could use it to create job/training opportunities.

I think this is a good idea. You have creches at various Superstores and Shopping Centres so it could be something along those lines.

Fantastic idea. Obviously it's something that would have to be set up properly in line with the law etc but I'm sure there would be a daycare centre in Edinburgh who wouldn't mind helping out in return for being the 'official daycare of Hibernian FC'?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Fantastic idea. Obviously it's something that would have to be set up properly in line with the law etc but I'm sure there would be a daycare centre in Edinburgh who wouldn't mind helping out in return for being the 'official daycare of Hibernian FC'?
    I'd think there'd need to be one at Easter Road for it to be practical.

I think it's a cracking idea and potential money-spinner though.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough
    Been tried before, at Tynecastle, they only had 2 enquiries from supporters but they had 22 from employees wanting to do the babysitting.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbill2002 View Post
    Been tried before, at Tynecastle, they only had 2 enquiries from supporters but they had 22 from employees wanting to do the babysitting.
    Maybe more to do with the calibre of employee waiting to do the babysitting?

"Hi, I'm Mr Rix and I'll be babysitting for you today"

"Ehhh....you got anyone else available?"

"Of course, I'll just fetch Mr Thompson for you"

Cue Yam parents running frantically for the door.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'd think there'd need to be one at Easter Road for it to be practical.

I think it's a cracking idea and potential money-spinner though.
    I did mean that it would be based at ER, but run by an existing daycare/nursery so that parents could be safe in the knowledge that it would be run by professionals.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    I did mean that it would be based at ER, but run by an existing daycare/nursery so that parents could be safe in the knowledge that it would be run by professionals.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    I mentioned this in the "are you ready to go back" thread. I would certainly be buying 2 season tickets until my daughter was old enough to look after herself.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

@hibs.net private member
    Was discussed at a LWT meeting and apperently it has been done before in the church beside the ground - not enough interest and they were losing money on it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DylanCrosbieI9I
    This is a good idea!!
    Sorry to be dark but this would need to be checked upon enormously one **** up at that day care could destroy the name of this club, well mabey not destroy it... but the yams and there sex offender and jock stein and all that ano ano the jock stein is 'RUMORS' but I couldn't bare a story breaking out or anything awful happen to a bairn under the name of this club sorry to be shallow and I respect this thought and think it should go I head but we do have to take everything suppppper cautiously with this one!!
    Last edited by Ultrabee1-0; 29-10-2012 at 11:59 PM.

I mentioned on other thread that i would be interested and i know at least one other who would go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibskid9 View Post
    This is a good idea!!
    Sorry to be dark but this would need to be checked upon enormously one **** up at that day care could destroy the name of this club, well mabey not destroy it... but the yams and there sex offender and jock stein and all that ano ano the jock stein is 'RUMORS' but I couldn't bare a story breaking out or anything awful happen to a bairn under the name of this club sorry to be shallow and I respect this thought and think it should go I head but we do have to take everything suppppper cautiously with this one!!
    What?
    Maybe we should shut down every child care facility in the country and cancel all youth groups etc. and some teachers have done bad things so the schools can go as well.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CENNYDD
    My wee one went to a nursery in the stand at new Douglas park. Hibs could try something similar to create a bit of revenue. Rent the space out as a nursery through the week then use it as a crèche on match days.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Was discussed at a LWT meeting and apperently it has been done before in the church beside the ground - not enough interest and they were losing money on it.
    With the amount of interest from this thread, I wonder if the guys who have just posted on here knew of that before?

Even discount for ST,s or the club could chargeI se 5 quid or so?
    I sent an email in sometime ago and Jamie said he would pass onto domeone else and look into cost et. not heard anything since...

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    What?
    Maybe we should shut down every child care facility in the country and cancel all youth groups etc. and some teachers have done bad things so the schools can go as well.
    Aye and following the Jimmy Savile revelations, best burn the BBC too, just to be safe.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    With the amount of interest from this thread, I wonder if the guys who have just posted on here knew of that before?
    I wasn't there when discussed during Lwt but wonder if it was to do with promotion? Did the foundation exist ?

What about our connection to the universities? There is the risk associated with duty of care but how do Ikea do it? I suspect it may come down to resources, cost, demand and space available (ensuring safety and security). Maybe we just don't want to go there - it's not our core business.

However if we look at barriers to folks coming back childcare will likely be one of the factors. Perhaps this service is worth checking the demand - possibly through a survey to ST holders/supporter database.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

There is a monthly Let's Work Together' programme meeting on 14/11.

Our recent focus was on Sales, Marketing and Revenue ideas for the current season but we had proposed to use the next get-together to brainstorm 'Matchday' ideas

The Matchday team consists of Garry O'Hagan, supporter volunteers and managers from the Hibernian Community Foundation

We will report back through the forums
    Last edited by RIP; 30-10-2012 at 02:38 PM.