hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: NBA Season

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875

NBA Season

The new NBA season is due to start tomorrow with Miami heat against the Boston celtics Iv been looking forward to this but now it nearly here I can't see any listing for it being shown on ESPN does anyone know where I can watch it or is there some sort of uk blackout?
    on the ESPN uk website it says coverage from 'the first tip off' but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anybody shed any light?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The new NBA season is due to start tomorrow with Miami heat against the Boston celtics Iv been looking forward to this but now it nearly here I can't see any listing for it being shown on ESPN does anyone know where I can watch it or is there some sort of uk blackout?
    on the ESPN uk website it says coverage from 'the first tip off' but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anybody shed any light?
    I don't have ESPN but League Pass is well worth the money if you're into NBA. Huge Pacer fan so it's not often we get games broadcast over here, League Pass is a godsend for me! I'm also sure they are offering a free week's trial.

Can't wait for the season to get fully underway! Shock at the Staples Centre last night as the Lakers falling to the Mavs - including their pre season games the Lakers are 0-9! That's crazy when you look at the guys they've brought in over the summer.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by AyrshireHibs View Post
    I don't have ESPN but League Pass is well worth the money if you're into NBA. Huge Pacer fan so it's not often we get games broadcast over here, League Pass is a godsend for me! I'm also sure they are offering a free week's trial.

Can't wait for the season to get fully underway! Shock at the Staples Centre last night as the Lakers falling to the Mavs - including their pre season games the Lakers are 0-9! That's crazy when you look at the guys they've brought in over the summer.
    I had a look at the league pass the other day bit too pricey for me tbh mate, i like basketball but im not an expert by any stretch was hoping i could catch a lot of this years on tv looks like its not to be, I saw the lakers score the other day there struggling quite a fair bit won't be going down well at all quite a shock with Miami loosing as well think it was the nicks

I miss the Supersonics :( best name by a mile, used to watch I loads when it was on back in the day, still follow San Antonio and they aren't too shabby ;)

I had a look at the league pass the other day bit too pricey for me tbh mate, i like basketball but im not an expert by any stretch was hoping i could catch a lot of this years on tv looks like its not to be, I saw the lakers score the other day there struggling quite a fair bit won't be going down well at all quite a shock with Miami loosing as well think it was the nicks
    Hope you manage to sort something out then, some of the games to start the year have been absolutely cracking Miami just edging out the Nuggets yesterday after taking an absolute pasting off the Knicks the previous night!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    I miss the Supersonics :( best name by a mile, used to watch I loads when it was on back in the day, still follow San Antonio and they aren't too shabby ;)
    I think we'll see another Sonics team within the next couple of years. Talk is that the Sacramento Kings could possibly be on the move and I think there's a new arena in Seattle proposed that will be ready for the NBA. We play the Spurs on Monday night but I'll probably have to settle for watching the replay on Tuesday due to work - they'll always be a competitive team with Popovic in charge.

I will be keeping an eye on the Celtics but as always I will find it hard to keep up with the amount of games and so when it gets to the playoffs I will take an interest if the boys are there!

Still cant see past The Heat and although poor early form, The Lakers.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    I will be keeping an eye on the Celtics but as always I will find it hard to keep up with the amount of games and so when it gets to the playoffs I will take an interest if the boys are there!

Still cant see past The Heat and although poor early form, The Lakers.
    Thats the lakers off and running right on schedule

Thats the lakers off and running right on schedule
    Everyone will paste the Pistons this year though The West looks really competitive this year with Thunder, Spurs, Clippers and Nuggets a all impressing early on. I wouldn't be surprised to see a decent team like the Mavericks or Jazz missing out due to the sheer number of good teams. Even the Kings looked a real threat offensively on Saturday.

good win for my spurs over the pacers last night

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    good win for my spurs over the pacers last night
    That's the Spurs first 4-0 start I believe. Spurs are always going to be a tough match up - just glad we only have to visit there once a season We're seriously missing Danny Granger and our new guys just haven't looked great. Still early doors but hope to see a big improvement for the weekend games!

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Ayrshire, how do you think the suns will do ?...I've followed them since the days of Charles Barkley....didn't even make the playoffs last season, so hoping for more this year...
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Ayrshire, how do you think the suns will do ?...I've followed them since the days of Charles Barkley....didn't even make the playoffs last season, so hoping for more this year...
    The Western Conference is absolutely stacked so it'll be a really tough ask for the Suns to make the playoffs this year - they're in a bit of a transition period at the moment with Steve Nash gone. They made a decent start and have a few decent players like Luis Scola and Michael Beasley but not enough depth to keep them in it over the full course of a season. I know they made a big push to try and sign Eric Gordon over the Summer so they must have a fair bit of cap space to play with for next Summer

Just watched highlights of Syracuse and SDSU playing on an aircraft carrier to tip off the NCAA basketball season Looking forward to another cracking year of college hoops!

Some big games tomorrow to kick start the year including Duke-Kentucky and Michigan State-Kansas.
    Last edited by James.; 12-11-2012 at 04:34 PM.