hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are you ready to come back?

If you're one of the people who wanted......

Better players

Players who cared about the club

A decent manager

A more competitive league

Rangers voted out of the league

Changes in the boardroom

Will you be back on Saturday to see Hibs possibly go top of the league? Or do you need more?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    The only valid excuse now is finance or lack of, the feel good factor is back big time. Hope for good crowds for our next 2 home games. :pfgwa

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Saturday 3pm ko. Chance to go top of the league with Celtc not playing until Sunday. Hope for a bumper crowd next week.

A massive crowd would help to convince the board to invest now in longer contracts. The players and manager deserve it. ST holders should phone a friend.

:pfgwa

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wish I could...hopefully more of a chance after the year..will get a half season and hopefully my dad can use it

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    How much will a ticket be next week?

I'm actually only stirring, it'll be about £22? It's the category A games that cost much more so it's not that much more expensive than what people are asking prices to be so it'd be good if a good crowd can come along to show appreciation for how much we've improved this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    £22?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/La...,10290,00.html

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    If you're one of the people who wanted......

Better players

Players who cared about the club

A decent manager

A more competitive league

Rangers voted out of the league

Changes in the boardroom

Will you be back on Saturday to see Hibs possibly go top of the league? Or do you need more?
    I'm very slowly starting to get back some of the passion that was lost, back again. It took 2 or 3 years for me to gradually drift away to the point where I stopped going altogether. I've began to dip my toe in to the odd game, but it will take a lot longer to get me back as a regular again, than 10 or so games(as heartening as they have been), same as it wasn't 10 or so bad games that pushed me away.

I certainly don't feel as apathetic towards this current squad, but do worry that I have drifted away to the degree that now I'm a bit older and have different priorities in life I'll never be the regular attendee I was in my "youth".

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    I'm very slowly starting to get back some of the passion that was lost, back again. It took 2 or 3 years for me to gradually drift away to the point where I stopped going altogether. I've began to dip my toe in to the odd game, but it will take a lot longer to get me back as a regular again, than 10 or so games(as heartening as they have been), same as it wasn't 10 or so bad games that pushed me away.

I certainly don't feel as apathetic towards this current squad, but do worry that I have drifted away to the degree that now I'm a bit older and have different priorities in life I'll never be the regular attendee I was in my "youth".
    That's one of the longest No's I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    in my "youth".
    FFS man, yer 27

Are you ready to come back?

Fraid not, I'm pretty much settled here now.

However, I'll be over for a visit in January so should get my first game since 'the-game-that-never-happened' in May.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    I'm thinking about buying a Bovril instead of the Horlicks I usually drink to assist with my second-half nap, so PF has certainly got me going.
    GG

Hoping to be at the game next week, and may be my 5 year olds first visit to ER as well.

As a Hibs fan, I can't think of what would be more of a priority than to be at ER when Hibs go top of the league.

Wish it was the case that it happened all the time, so there was an excuse to be "apathetic". You should show an example to the current "youth" and be there on Saturday.

2nd place is Champions League football....that should fire up your interest.

Last edited by Mikey; 27-10-2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    As a Hibs fan, I can't think of what would be more of a priority than to be at ER when Hibs go top of the league.

Wish it was the case that it happened all the time, so there was an excuse to be "apathetic". You should show an example to the current "youth" and be there on Saturday.

:pfgwa[/QUOTE]

2nd place unfortunately doesn't achieve Champions League football from next season, only the winners get into it.
    Years and years of poor achievement from Rangers and Celtic has hit our co-efficient

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby
    2nd place unfortunately doesn't achieve Champions League football from next season, only the winners get into it.
    Years and years of poor achievement from Rangers and Celtic has hit our co-efficient
    I'm looking at the league table on the beeb site, and the dotted line is between 2nd and 3rd. Have they got it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    I'm looking at the league table on the beeb site, and the dotted line is between 2nd and 3rd. Have they got it wrong?
    Following this years many financial revelations, nothing would surprise me. Presume UEFA have decided their allocations at the start of the season ?

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    Following this years many financial revelations, nothing would surprise me. Presume UEFA have decided their allocations at the start of the season ?
    Just had a look at SPL site http://www.scotprem.com/content/defa...2&newsid=11616 and this does indeed suggest the beeb are at it again. Runners up get Europa qualifying round 2

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Our current co-efficient is ranked 26th. So that means only 1 CL place & 3 EL places. I presume it will be something like this:-

1st - CL
    2nd - EL
    3rd - EL
    4th/Scottish Cup Winners - EL

If the Scottish Cup winners have already qualified for Europe through league position, then the team in 4th will get the EL place. If the Scottish Cup winners have not qualified for Europe through league position then they will get the EL place instead of the team in 4th.

Years and years of poor achievement from Rangers and Celtic has hit our co-efficient[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013%E2...ampions_League

If wikipedia is accurate, you seem to be absolutely correct.

I am appalled that the Media have been silent and possibly complicit in not broadcasting this.

Won't bother Pat Fenlon or the team.
    Hibernian only want to play in Europe's top competition when champions.

Looking forward to the next game. The SPL in general is going very well without the Cheatco bigots, the complete opposite of what the corrupt Glasgow media predicted.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    Looking forward to the next game. The SPL in general is going very well without the Cheatco bigots, the complete opposite of what the corrupt Glasgow media predicted.
    lets no forget the shysters that run the spl & sfa too.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. Lets aim for Top 6, we would have taken that at the start of the season

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I hope we dont qualify for europe with a last day away win, thats just not good enough if i remember correctly?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I hope we dont qualify for europe with a last day away win, thats just not good enough if i remember correctly?
    No, i hope we get into Europe but i then hope our form doesn't take a dive bomb next season and end up needing a new manager to avoid relegation again.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    No, i hope we get into Europe but i then hope our form doesn't take a dive bomb next season and end up needing a new manager to avoid relegation again.
    Me neither.

To answer the OP, me + 3 from Monifieth coming doon for our first home game of the season

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Yes

I will be doing my upmost to be there! and in answer to the other debate.. as someone rightly said.. I'd be happy with top 6 as we would have taken that at the start of the season to be honest

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Barring death. I will be there.