hibs.net Messageboard

Page 86 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 3767

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Queen & Adam Lambert on Monday night.
    Awesome concert, Lamberts vocals were superb, and Brian May was wonderful as usual, as was Roger Taylor, who does have a very good voice too, the stage and lights were amazing, and the crowd seemed to have a ball.

Cant imagine they have many concerts left in them at their age, that could have been the last time i will see them.

I remember thinking when the concert was announced in 2019, shall i pay the best part of £100 to see them again?

If they announced another tour next year, i'm sure i'd pay it again, as that was worth every penny.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    The Killers at Falkirk Stadium last night were brilliant. Brandon Flowers really is one the great front men around.
    Venue was a total shambles however. Ridiculous queues for the loo, a pint, food etc. bar was all BrewDog beers and extortionate, wine & spirits etc were stupidly expensive. Took us about 2 hours to get away afterwords in our pre-booked taxi (due to being no trains back to Edinburgh). The roads were gridlocked with no police present to manage it. The designated taxi pick up spot, Forth Valley College was unreal. Nothing moved in or out until the roads were cleared, well over an hour. I will never to a gig there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    The Killers at Falkirk Stadium last night were brilliant. Brandon Flowers really is one the great front men around.
    Venue was a total shambles however. Ridiculous queues for the loo, a pint, food etc. bar was all BrewDog beers and extortionate, wine & spirits etc were stupidly expensive. Took us about 2 hours to get away afterwords in our pre-booked taxi (due to being no trains back to Edinburgh). The roads were gridlocked with no police present to manage it. The designated taxi pick up spot, Forth Valley College was unreal. Nothing moved in or out until the roads were cleared, well over an hour. I will never to a gig there again.
    Agree totally about the venue, totally unsuitable for a crowd of that size. We said the same about never attending a gig there again.
    The show though was amazing, superb stuff.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Agree totally about the venue, totally unsuitable for a crowd of that size. We said the same about never attending a gig there again.
    The show though was amazing, superb stuff.
    Agree with everything. Although the beer prices are unfortunately pretty standard for gigs now.

Queues for bars and toilets were ridiculous and poorly planned, and yeah we sat on our coach for over an hour afterwards before it moved.
    Also, confusion over wristbands for the pitch which wasted around 20 minutes of our time walking backwards and forwards.

The gig tho was unreal. The stage setup was superb - that screen was unbelievable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Awesome concert, Lamberts vocals were superb, and Brian May was wonderful as usual, as was Roger Taylor, who does have a very good voice too, the stage and lights were amazing, and the crowd seemed to have a ball.

Cant imagine they have many concerts left in them at their age, that could have been the last time i will see them.

I remember thinking when the concert was announced in 2019, shall i pay the best part of £100 to see them again?

If they announced another tour next year, i'm sure i'd pay it again, as that was worth every penny.
    It was everything you said and more . I can't think of a time Brian May was off the stage. The other 2 had short breaks. I've still no voice. We had the vip package so was even more expensive but worth every penny.
    Last edited by Jay; 07-06-2022 at 12:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Elvis Costello in Manchester on 11 June.

DC Fontaines later in the year.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    One of our admin staff said the same today, she got back to edinburgh at 0130. Next time there is a gig on at the stadium i think ill rent my drive out and do a drop off/pick up, easy money😁

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Biffy Clyro at Ingliston and Liam Gallagher at Hampden on consecutive days later in the month

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Biffy Clyro at Ingliston and Liam Gallagher at Hampden on consecutive days later in the month
    Liam Gallagher should be class. Can't wait.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Killers last night were brilliant. They didn't learn anything from the previous night though by the sound of it. Can't see us rushing back to any gigs there anytime soon.

@hibs.net private member
    https://www.weticketit.com/showfilmf...etail/PMS54268

Free tickets for dmas tomorrow at the 02 from showfilmfirst

Anyone going to any of the Big Top gigs at Ingleston? Loads of ticket offers and very big guest lists for all bar Biffy. Suggests sales are poor.

@hibs.net private member
    Duncan Lyall at the Tolbooth in Stirling tonight with the launch of his marvellous Milestone album. An astonishing piece of music and much fun to hear it played live.

@hibs.net private member
    DMAS were amazing crowd were radge. 02 has really improved since the takeover

Theory of a Deadman at the Garage in Glasgow tomorrow, a wee last minute gig.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Anyone going to any of the Big Top gigs at Ingleston? Loads of ticket offers and very big guest lists for all bar Biffy. Suggests sales are poor.
    It’s almost on my doorstep but, although I like James and Fatboy Slim, I canny be bothered shelling out for tickets. If it’s a fair wind I’ll sit in the garden and see if I can hear it.

Going to James tomorrow. Cousin is a big fan I’m more interested in Shed Seven!

Seen them both before usually a good show.

Got Nine Inch Nails next week really looking forward to that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post

James are a fantastic live band …expect them to put on a great gig

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero

Didn’t realise Shed Seven were supporting - likewise, I’ve seen them both and greatly enjoyed them.

@hibs.net private member
    The view put out and instantly sold out 3 nights at the 02 Glasgow in december, for their comeback gig

James will be brilliant. They're doing the same setlist from their famous Barrowlands gig in 1998. Gutted I'm missing it but I decided to go to Dundee for Noel Gallagher and Inhaler (who are my current favourite band).

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    DMAS were amazing crowd were radge. 02 has really improved since the takeover
    I seen them there last year I think it was (maybe even start of this?) and had no idea they were playing there again so soon

I’m at The Damned at the assembly rooms on Wednesday and Liam Gallagher at hampden in two weeks
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I seen them there last year I think it was (maybe even start of this?) and had no idea they were playing there again so soon

I’m at The Damned at the assembly rooms on Wednesday and Liam Gallagher at hampden in two weeks
    Yeah I was there think it was December. Damned will be class mate, i got tickets for Liam too

Won tickets to Richard Ashcroft and Fatboy Slim next week

Had a great run of gigs recently. Ended up Selling Killers and Sam Fender tickets but been to Alt J at the Liquid Rooms, Foals at Usher Hall (fist pumped off Yannis!) Lorde, The Charlatans, Cast. Got Billie Eilish next week as well

Does anyone have the rough set times for The Big Top gigs? My mate and I want to go to Richard Ashcroft but he's not sure what time he's finishing work. Doors open at 17.00 I think so I assume he'll be on about 7 or 8?

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Does anyone have the rough set times for The Big Top gigs? My mate and I want to go to Richard Ashcroft but he's not sure what time he's finishing work. Doors open at 17.00 I think so I assume he'll be on about 7 or 8?
    Cast are the support act so no chance as they will be on at 7pm in my opinion.
    Last edited by DH1875; 12-06-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    James last night came on at 8.30 finished 10.30 first band was 6pm (The K’s) she’d seven around 7pm.

James were brilliant.

Cheers for the replies, bought the tickets as we'll defo make those times

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Double header this weekend.

Goodbye Mr Mackenzie at the Barrowland on Friday. Warmduscher on Saturday at the old Royal High School.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Double header this weekend.

Goodbye Mr Mackenzie at the Barrowland on Friday. Warmduscher on Saturday at the old Royal High School.
    Think I’ve still got tickets on the go for GMM in Troon been cancelled many times need to check it’s actually still going ahead.