hibs.net Messageboard

Page 78 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 3766

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn’t realise Steve Cradock is playing with them now. He’s a superb guitarist.
    I saw them in 2019 in Newcastle and he was playing with them then too. They were excellent that night.

I've been fortunate enough to have seen most iterations of the specials. The original line up in 82, the mid 90s version, the 2009 reunion one and the one just now. All have been excellent though the 2009 gig at the O2 in Glasgow is one of the best gigs I've been to. Absolutely bouncing that night.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Just SP now 😂
    Always BSP in my eyes

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    What did you expect through there, it's always like that, even when it was T in the Park.
    I found it to be a much younger average crowd than TITP. Can’t have been many kids at school on Friday, put it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    My daughter fancied the Leeds Festival over Transmt for next year. Have you been there? Was wondering if they were all the same as I've never been and don't know anyone who has to ask.
    I was at Leeds Festival in 2017 again for Liam Gallagher and I found it fine. The odd idiot but nothing like the neds on Saturday.

I was also at Transmit in 2018 (again, for Liam Gallagher!) and I never found it near as bad but then again spent most of the day in VIP. The dafties seem to be getting younger and younger and fuller and fuller of the ching, but I think thats a reflection of society these days
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I was at Leeds Festival in 2017 again for Liam Gallagher and I found it fine. The odd idiot but nothing like the neds on Saturday.

I was also at Transmit in 2018 (again, for Liam Gallagher!) and I never found it near as bad but then again spent most of the day in VIP. The dafties seem to be getting younger and younger and fuller and fuller of the ching, but I think thats a reflection of society these days
    Thanks.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Day 1 of the Isle of Wight Festival. Started with Sophie Ellis Bexter. That lassie has done well out of Covid. The Big Top was bursting at the seems. Just a big party. Then a few local bands and a Madness tribute, who were great fun.
    Finally Scouting for Girls. Not a band I could say I liked or name more than a couple of hits but thoroughly enjoyed them. Just great pop and had the huge tent in the palm of their hands. I was surprised how many tracks I knew, which was a strap line for a Crowded House compilation 20 odd years ago. Coincidentally, they reminded a lot of early Crowded House. Great fun, unpretentious pop.

@hibs.net private member
    Just got tickets for the courteeners at the o2 Edinburgh formally corn exchange. Hopefully better now they have pumped money in wasn't brilliant before. Seeing dmas there and noticed they are announcing quite a few gigs, well needed in edin

@hibs.net private member
    Nile Rogers and Chic on Tuesday at the O2 Academy. Saw them a couple of years ago in Glasgow absolutely brilliant night.

Just found out the Black Stone Cherry gig at the Usher Hall tomorrow has been cancelled due to a problem with the fire alarm, absolutely gutted, we half thought about going to Glasgow tonight for their gig but decided not to. Waited a whole year just to get it cancelled last minute is a bloody joke, seemingly the O2 Corn Exchange is free tomorrow, surprised they promoters couldn't get that organised.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Got Fontaines DC at the Corn Exchange booked. Sportsteam at the O2 in Glasgow and a trip down memory lane to ocean colour scene at the barras.
    Can’t wait to get back to a gig!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

So after missing out on Black Stone Cherry on Saturday due to cancellation, we found out last night we didn't need to look after our granddaughter today, now in Newcastle with tickets to see the band, chuffed.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Hearing The Proclaimers will be playing a couple of gigs at The Playhouse in November…….

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Shaz View Post
    Nile Rogers and Chic on Tuesday at the O2 Academy. Saw them a couple of years ago in Glasgow absolutely brilliant night.

Got 2 ticket for sale for tonight at corn exchange .need a negative COVID test from yesterday/ today to get in though.
    Will take £80 for both

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Manic Street Preachers in Dundee next week. Been downgraded from the Caird Hall to Fat Sams nightclub as the Caird Hall is still concluding vaccinations.

That's going to be one hell of a gig in a small venue.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Manic Street Preachers in Dundee next week. Been downgraded from the Caird Hall to Fat Sams nightclub as the Caird Hall is still concluding vaccinations.

That's going to be one hell of a gig in a small venue.
    That will be a stormer. Hope you have a blast.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Hearing The Proclaimers will be playing a couple of gigs at The Playhouse in November…….
    I don't think the acoustics are good in that place, saw them there before covid, and again in Blackpool, and the Blackpool gig sounded much better.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I don't think the acoustics are good in that place, saw them there before covid, and again in Blackpool, and the Blackpool gig sounded much better.
    The acoustics in the Playhouse are fine. Unfortunately there are too many soundmen whose ears are painted on.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    The acoustics in the Playhouse are fine. Unfortunately there are too many soundmen whose ears are painted on.
    I bow to your greater knowledge, i remember thinking at the time the sound was poor, we were sat up the back downstairs.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    The Snuts at Barrowlands tonight were very good

Off to see Oasis at Knebworth tonight. At the Cameo that is.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For those of you who have been to standing gigs how have you found it? I’m over next month to sheffield for an electronic festival. Really looking forward to it but also pretty apprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    For those of you who have been to standing gigs how have you found it? I’m over next month to sheffield for an electronic festival. Really looking forward to it but also pretty apprehensive.
    I was at Newcastle O2 on Saturday, entry was either double jag or clear lateral flow test, I know what you mean but we cant keep living in fear, it was great just getting back to hearing live music again.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Arab Strap at Dunfermline was standing. Most people naturally kept their distance. There was only 1 guy who,.clearly a big fan, who was away wi the goalie 😁 The space around him got progressively bigger as the night went on.

No certs were needed, and like JC says, I think people were just happy to be back.

My fear, though, is when there is more drink and drugs involved. That's when it might be more difficult to avoid f-wits

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I was at Newcastle O2 on Saturday, entry was either double jag or clear lateral flow test, I know what you mean but we cant keep living in fear, it was great just getting back to hearing live music again.
    Thanks! Yeah i’m the same, let’s get back to normality where possible. They still haven’t announced what measures in place. Once i’m there i’ll be grand, plenty of pals to catch up with and loads of deadly acts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Arab Strap at Dunfermline was standing. Most people naturally kept their distance. There was only 1 guy who,.clearly a big fan, who was away wi the goalie 😁 The space around him got progressively bigger as the night went on.

No certs were needed, and like JC says, I think people were just happy to be back.

My fear, though, is when there is more drink and drugs involved. That's when it might be more difficult to avoid f-wits
    with this being a 3 day techno festival that’s on till 7 each night i’m sure there will be a bit of that :-). I’m happy enough to hang about at the back where there’s more space 😊

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    with this being a 3 day techno festival that’s on till 7 each night i’m sure there will be a bit of that :-). I’m happy enough to hang about at the back where there’s more space 😊
    My technique is to dance like a demented uncoordinated Granda. That soon clears a space. 😆

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    My technique is to dance like a demented uncoordinated Granda. That soon clears a space. 😆
    😅 Gonna use that strategy..

The Specials are doing a live session on Radio 6 at 6pm this Wednesday coming.

Slow Readers Club at The Liquid Rooms tomorrow, a brilliant live band.

https://youtu.be/c0kqvfcSbl8

Just got tickets to go see Creeper in December in Leeds, Alkaline Trio in March in Glasgow, Tool in May in Manchester and Slam dunk festival in Leeds in June. I'm absolutely ecstatic to finally be able to get back to gig's although it's fair to say I'll be doing a lot of miles to get to most of them.