hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475
Results 2,221 to 2,246 of 2246

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

  1. #2221
    @hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,793
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I defy anyone to come out of an Erasure gig without a smile in their face. Brilliant fun!
    I went to one at the Playhouse due to the fact that a girl I fancied at school was going.

    Thought I'd hate it but was very enjoyable. And yes I did get a follow up date or two. Turns out she was a pain in the arse though.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2222
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,853
    Celtic Connections has been superb this year. A wonderful example of how to run a festival online. I hope others will follow their lead.

  4. #2223
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    18,548
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic Connections has been superb this year. A wonderful example of how to run a festival online. I hope others will follow their lead.
    https://news.stv.tv/entertainment/virtual-celtic-connections-branded-a-huge-success

    I've still got the closing event to watch, but I have watched a few things I would have missed that I've enjoyed.
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  5. #2224
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    44,410
    When do you think indoor gigs will restart?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  6. #2225
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    18,548
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic Connections has been superb this year. A wonderful example of how to run a festival online. I hope others will follow their lead.
    The final night was good, especially the last song by Rachel Sermanni, the words and images, so emotional.

    Roaming roots was excellent.
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  7. #2226
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://news.stv.tv/entertainment/virtual-celtic-connections-branded-a-huge-success

    I've still got the closing event to watch, but I have watched a few things I would have missed that I've enjoyed.
    Snap. That's the beauty of it.

    One of the main problems with CC is that it's in January; weather's horrible, and money is tight. This year, like you say, you could discover new acts that you wouldn't otherwise have considered.

    So many highlights for me:-

    Ross Ainslie
    Shooglenifty
    The Spanish guy with the women on those strange scrapey things
    The Quebecois night.
    The piping night.
    James Grant
    Jerry Douglas with the Transatlantic Sessions band, thousands of miles apart
    The Roaming Roots Review (Field Music doing Under Pressure The guy from Biffy Clyro )
    The closing night.

    I've forgotten some....

  8. #2227
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,109
    Thatís The Whoís 2020 gig, re-scheduled for next month, officially cancelled 😢

  9. #2228
    @hibs.net private member Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark/Palo Alto
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,575
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When do you think indoor gigs will restart?
    Pessimistically, I'd be amazed if it's this year. Which is a shame, as I've got tickets for a few rescheduled gigs and there's not a hope they'll be going ahead at this point (April).

    I can't even see outdoor gigs occurring before Autumn.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

  10. #2229
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pessimistically, I'd be amazed if it's this year. Which is a shame, as I've got tickets for a few rescheduled gigs and there's not a hope they'll be going ahead at this point (April).

    I can't even see outdoor gigs occurring before Autumn.
    I canít remember who it was but I read about a gig where the crowd were all in specially made zorb balls that could fit a couple of people and had speakers built in.

  11. #2230
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    44,410
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thatís The Whoís 2020 gig, re-scheduled for next month, officially cancelled 😢
    😥 I'm very disappointed.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  12. #2231
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Strandhill, Sligo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,618
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ive bought tickets for Le Guess Who festival in Utrecht in November..https://www.leguesswho.nl/lineup..Doubtful but hopeful

  13. #2232
    @hibs.net private member Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark/Palo Alto
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,575
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I canít remember who it was but I read about a gig where the crowd were all in specially made zorb balls that could fit a couple of people and had speakers built in.
    I feel the need to experience that at a Slipknot concert or equivalent
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

  14. #2233
    First Team Regular G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    G15
    Age
    43
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I canít remember who it was but I read about a gig where the crowd were all in specially made zorb balls that could fit a couple of people and had speakers built in.
    It was the Flaming Lips, in their wacky funster way. They've been doing things with zorb balls at gigs for a while anyway, so I suppose it was a natural extension.

    Normal, packed indoor live gigs are definitely going to be the last thing to come back. A part of me thinks it'll be a couple of years still until we get to that stage. Hopefully sooner than that, but I can't see any of the gigs I've got tickets for this year (Idles and Fontaines DC in March, Sleaford Mods in November and Black Country, New Road in December) going ahead. Bought more in hope than expectation.

  15. #2234
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,853
    Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was the Flaming Lips, in their wacky funster way. They've been doing things with zorb balls at gigs for a while anyway, so I suppose it was a natural extension.

    Normal, packed indoor live gigs are definitely going to be the last thing to come back. A part of me thinks it'll be a couple of years still until we get to that stage. Hopefully sooner than that, but I can't see any of the gigs I've got tickets for this year (Idles and Fontaines DC in March, Sleaford Mods in November and Black Country, New Road in December) going ahead. Bought more in hope than expectation.
    Any idea what they were charging?

    I would have thought, to make it work financially, they would need to charge double (?) the normal price.

    I'm not a fan of the Lips at all, but I would go and see them (balls or not) just to get to a gig. Even a half-decent busker would get my attention....

  16. #2235
    First Team Regular G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    G15
    Age
    43
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any idea what they were charging?

    I would have thought, to make it work financially, they would need to charge double (?) the normal price.

    I'm not a fan of the Lips at all, but I would go and see them (balls or not) just to get to a gig. Even a half-decent busker would get my attention....
    No idea, just remembered hearing about it on the radio. Given the massive restrictions in the number of folk who could attend I couldn't imagine that it would become anything more than a novelty thing. I would guess it would make a loss.

    Here's a wee bit about it: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55794674

  17. #2236
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,853
    Alabama 3 have just announced a series of gigs in London in July. Really tempted 🤔

  18. #2237
    The Wedding Present at The Liquid Rooms in November

  19. #2238
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,853
    Ohhhh. 😎

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.radiox.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/plans-september-2021-event/

  20. #2239
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,853
    Book of Mormon postponed until September 2022.

  21. #2240
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    18,548
    Belladrum cancelled this year.
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  22. #2241
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,414
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    The Lathums at Liquid Rooms pushed back to December.

  23. #2242
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,153
    Terminal V announce two of there dj nights changed to outdoor from indoor at Royal Highland Centre, Patrick topping Aug 7th Adam Beyer Aug 14th. Originally was 12,000 tickets

  24. #2243
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Haddington/ Newhaven
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,921
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have the Rifles booked down in Kendal at the end of July, hoping thatíll go ahead but itís indoors so Iím not mega confident.

    If nothing else it looks like the DMAís in august and Liam Gallagher the following month at Transmit should be good to go.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

  25. #2244
    Coaching Staff Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hunbar
    Posts
    7,701
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Lathums at Liquid Rooms pushed back to December.
    Barras in October will do me.

  26. #2245
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,153
    https://www.usherhall.co.uk/whats-on/libertines

    Libertines playing usher Hall in December

  27. #2246
    Coaching Staff Ronniekirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    9,356
    Yet fringe festival is now going ahead with outdoor events allowed 2 000 people to attend


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)