hibs.net Messageboard

Page 30 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last Shadow Puppets tomorrow night. Read a review of them on the NME, no chat in between songs. Not sure if the atmosphere will be a little frosty after Miles Kane behavior at the recent Spin interview...
    Most people going will have no knowledge of this Spin interview. FWIW I thought it was total bollocks. Miles Kane jokingly asked a journalist if she wanted to come to his room and he gave her a kiss as the interview closed. Big deal. She's then used this to write a rant about sexual harassment despite a sincere apology from Kane. Smacks of having an agenda to me and pretty transparent that she left Alex out the accusations as he's much more famous.

So I think the atmosphere will be class and I'm sure they'll have some on stage banter! Can't wait, saw them in 2008 and probably seen them separately about 10 times since, along with them doing Standing Next to Me at Finsbury Park in 2014.

Can't wait to hear some of the new tunes

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I'm having a rather electropop type week. Saw Years & Years on Wednesday at the Academy, supported by Mų. Both were brilliant, I like the Years & Years album but was surprised at how much I enjoyed the gig. They had backing singers and a live drummer which really added an extra dimension. Tonight I'm off to the Hydro for CHVRCHES, they did one of my favourite albums of last year so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Muse at the O2 last night. Utterly flawless, as ever.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    And right next to the Useher Hall is the Citrus Club. Quite possibly the greatest club anywhere in the world that plays indie music or any kind of music. Good place to head to after!
    One of the reasons I'm buzzing for moving back to Edinburgh, love it! Get sick of the same boring club music week after week here.

Tickets for Noel Gallagher at Bellahouston Park in September bought. Considering The Enemy in Newcastle too, missed out on Glasgow tickets as they were sold out by 9.01. :/

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Noel Gallagher amazing tonight!

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Pete Doherty solo in Glasgow Friday May 13th at the Barra's.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Definitely Oasis, a tribute band playing at La Belle Angele on the 7th of May. A Richard Ashcroft tribute provides the support. Only £12 a ticket.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    One of the reasons I'm buzzing for moving back to Edinburgh, love it! Get sick of the same boring club music week after week here.

Tickets for Noel Gallagher at Bellahouston Park in September bought. Considering The Enemy in Newcastle too, missed out on Glasgow tickets as they were sold out by 9.01. :/
    We got Enemy tickets. Did you not get them when they announced extra dates?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Definitely Oasis a tribute band at La Belle Angele tonight. Only £12 a head ans some tickets still available.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Definitely Oasis a tribute band at La Belle Angele tonight. Only £12 a head ans some tickets still available.
    Was at Martin Metcalfe and the fornacators last night at the harbour arts centre Irvine....great gig and sound was superb in a cracking wee venue..

Hydro next for the Manics and editors

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Belsonic festival next month in the titanic quarter, Belfast. Some pretty good names playing over the course of the whole month, I quite fancy foals on the 23rd and Biffy on the 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Went to see them and they were great. Pardon the pun but what's the story with them? Are they form Edinburgh? Sure I recognised a few of them.

great venue. Saw the proper Oasis years agi when I went along to see Whiteout!

Gamer IDs

Bought two tickets for Architects, live at the O2 ABC in Glasgow in November.

Their new album drops on Friday and it's utterly sublime!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Grandaddy playing Summerhall on 22 August....wow, life just keeps getting better!!
    Last edited by Hiber-nation; 25-05-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Stone Roses support announced.

I'm going on the Saturday. I'd rather have had any other days support acts.

13321917_10156884624705361_2896304519142048914_n.jpg

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Stone Roses support announced.

I'm going on the Saturday. I'd rather have had any other days support acts.

13321917_10156884624705361_2896304519142048914_n.jpg
    Saturday would be my choice. A bit of Housemartins classics will get you in the mood!

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Was at Brian Wilson, Usher hall on Thursday, awesome. Pet sounds end to end plus others. A truly gifted gentleman 😃

Anyone at Springsteens hampden gig last night? Thought it was triumphant from The Boss but my attention kept wandering to the spot where David Gray ran into the crowd the week before

Gamer IDs

Had Slam Dunk festival in Leeds last weekend, which was excellent.

It's a very small festival with a lot of great metal/hardcore/punk/ska bands. We caught Coldrain, The Word Alive, We Came As Romans, Yellowcard, Mallory Knox, Zebrahead, Cancer Bats, New Year's Day, Issues and Of Mice & Men. Great way to spend a Saturday in the sun!

Off to Download next weekend - so many great bands playing this year: Korn, Deftones, Rammstein, Architects, NOFX, Billy Talent and my highlight of the weekend, Breaking Benjamin (my favourite band, playing outwith North America for the first time ever!).

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Anyone at Springsteens hampden gig last night? Thought it was triumphant from The Boss but my attention kept wandering to the spot where David Gray ran into the crowd the week before

Saw him in Manchester last week. You certainly got the better weather . And possibly a better set list.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyMiller View Post
    Saw him in Manchester last week. You certainly got the better weather . And possibly a better set list.
    It hit 25 degrees in Hampden yesterday. Waiting on a Sunny Day was The obvious set opener

Going to Neil Young on Sunday night at Hydro and then Coldplay midweek at Hamden( didn't think i would be back so soon Wont be able to keep the smile off my face )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Just heading off to bannermans to see Peter and the test tube babies. Been a while since I've seen them but usually good value.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Glastonbury in two and a half weeks. Excited to see PJ Harvey, Michael Kiwanuka, Richard Hawley, LCD Soundsystem, Mercury Rev and New Order.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Glastonbury in two and a half weeks. Excited to see PJ Harvey, Michael Kiwanuka, Richard Hawley, LCD Soundsystem, Mercury Rev and New Order.
    I'll be there, working on my mate's wine bar :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I'll be there, working on my mate's wine bar :)

Hibee discount aye?

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I'm not that excited about many acts to be honest - but at Glastonbury I don't think that's a bad thing given that vastness and variety of it.
    Last edited by Calvin; 05-06-2016 at 12:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Hibee discount aye?

I'm not that excited about many acts to be honest - but at Glastonbury I don't think that's a bad thing given that vastness and variety of it.
    Dunno about discounts, but drop by and say hello.

There are 3 wine bars. Ours is on the drag between the Pyramid and the Other Stage. Will have an inflatable wine bottle on the top.

And the music is the best on the site. **** all those bands :)

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Was sitting right behind where that goal would be (if we had not removed it) and kept thinking of that magic moment, unfortunately a crap position for this gig.

Because the show was an early start at 6:45pm we missed the first 20 minutes as the traffic was a nightmare. But got seated in the East stand in bright sunshine but the view was poor from the side and could not even see the big screens.

Also the sound was really poor from our seats it was distorted and could not make out guitar solos for instance, seemed to improve a little as the show went on but should be a lot better for a show like this.

Bruce as usual was fantastic and the setlist was just as good as it gets, when you get Darlington County, Because the Night, The Rising, Thunder Road, Badlands, Born in the USA, Born to Run, Glory Days, Dancing in the Dark & Tenth Ave Freeze Out all one after each other you think you've died and gone to heaven.

One of the greatest live acts in history, but unfortunately not the best venue (if seated at the side) and poor sound.

Rammstein & Korn next for me on Friday at the Download Festival, hopefully a much better sound quality.
    Last edited by YehButNoBut; 08-06-2016 at 12:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNoBut View Post
    Was sitting right behind where that goal would be (if we had not removed it) and kept thinking of that magic moment, unfortunately a crap position for this gig.

Because the show was an early start at 6:45pm we missed the first 20 minutes as the traffic was a nightmare. But got seated in the East stand in bright sunshine but the view was poor from the side and could not even see the big screens.

Also the sound was really poor from our seats it was distorted and could not make out guitar solos for instance, seemed to improve a little as the show went on but should be a lot better for a show like this.

Bruce as usual was fantastic and the setlist was just as good as it gets, when you get Darlington County, Because the Night, The Rising, Thunder Road, Badlands, Born in the USA, Born to Run, Glory Days, Dancing in the Dark & Tenth Ave Freeze Out all one after each other you think you've died and gone to heaven.

One of the greatest live acts in history, but unfortunately not the best venue (if seated at the side) and poor sound.
    Funnily enough I was at Coldplay last night, didn't start their set till 8.45 so had plenty time to get through.

Seats were at the side but big screens were easily visible as was the stage.

Sound and visuals were excellent. One of the best stadium gigs I've been to.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by YehButNoBut View Post

Rammstein & Korn next for me on Friday at the Download Festival, hopefully a much better sound quality.
    You just there for the one night? We're there from Friday for the weekend and I can't wait!