hibs.net Messageboard

Page 101 of 126 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3766

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

Suede last night in Glasgow was tremendous.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I know there are a few Steve Earle fans on here.

He's just announced the Queens Hall on June 13th. I've just got my tickets, but there don't seem to be many left.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

He's just announced the Queens Hall on June 13th. I've just got my tickets, but there don't seem to be many left.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davy67 + View Post
    Has anyone seen Tom McGuire and the Brassholes ? He's coming to Gala soon , a couple of people have said he's good
    Yes, saw them at the Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival last year. I really enjoyed them eve though that's not usually my sort of music (was only there as my wife works for the festival).

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I’m going to see Interpol at the Queens Hall in May, no thanks to Ticketmaster. I had presale tickets in my basket yesterday, then when I went to checkout TM decided I needed to reset my password, using a one time code which I’ve still never received. No such trouble when going direct to the Queens Hall website this morning for general sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    I’m going to see Interpol at the Queens Hall in May, no thanks to Ticketmaster. I had presale tickets in my basket yesterday, then when I went to checkout TM decided I needed to reset my password, using a one time code which I’ve still never received. No such trouble when going direct to the Queens Hall website this morning for general sale.
    I had that same thing this morning with the Steve Earle CWG tipped us off on! I tried the password thing second time and suddenly got the emails pouring in and working okay.

What I don’t like is the time it takes to actually release the tickets when you get timed out. Still not sure at what point the tickets were lost between me and getting back into the system or someone else picking them up, but thankfully after looking like all floor seats had gone, a couple reappeared from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I had that same thing this morning with the Steve Earle CWG tipped us off on! I tried the password thing second time and suddenly got the emails pouring in and working okay.

What I don’t like is the time it takes to actually release the tickets when you get timed out. Still not sure at what point the tickets were lost between me and getting back into the system or someone else picking them up, but thankfully after looking like all floor seats had gone, a couple reappeared from somewhere.
    Was wondering about that.

I bought a couple of tickets, which have numbered seats on them, on what is normally the floor. I've been at QH gigs where they have put seats in there, and wondered if that what was happening here. After all, he is on his own this time, with no band... and a "sitty-doon gig" mighr be more appropriate.

I hope not.... I always prefer to stand at gigs.

Was wondering about that.

I bought a couple of tickets, which have numbered seats on them, on what is normally the floor. I've been at QH gigs where they have put seats in there, and wondered if that what was happening here. After all, he is on his own this time, with no band... and a "sitty-doon gig" mighr be more appropriate.

I hope not.... I always prefer to stand at gigs.
    Yeah looks like all-seated to me, that’s what I was assuming anyway. I’ll be quite happy to sit for this one to be fair 😂

After the above post I went onto queens hall website and turns out there are better seats (if that’s what they are) and cheaper than doing by ticket master. TM order duly cancelled and went direct.

@hibs.net private member
    After the above post I went onto queens hall website and turns out there are better seats (if that’s what they are) and cheaper than doing by ticket master. TM order duly cancelled and went direct.
    Always best to buy direct from the venue if you can. Why give TM your money.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Always best to buy direct from the venue if you can. Why give TM your money.
    Absolutely. I didn’t do more than a quick Google and just never even thought it would be possible. A rare treat.

Now to see if they refund me nice and quickly, without any arguments, having notified them within the 24 hour cool-off period.

Gamer IDs

Absolutely. I didn’t do more than a quick Google and just never even thought it would be possible. A rare treat.

Now to see if they refund me nice and quickly, without any arguments, having notified them within the 24 hour cool-off period.
    The Usher Hall usually sell tickets direct as well. It’s nice to give a wee bit more money to the venue, and I think because TM are so dominant, folk often don’t think of going to other sources so it can be easier to get tickets from the venue.

Anyone been to SWG3 for a concert? Got chance to go see Inspiral Carpets there next month.

'S' Form

Tide Lines

Going to see Tide Lines, at the Castle and Falcon , Kings Heath , Birmingham,
    next Saturday, 25th March. A pub with an intimate 180 odd capacity, standing
    concert room.
    Also saw the great German oompah band playing rock music !, Heimatadamisch,
    there a few weeks ago.

Drummond St 34

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Yes, saw them at the Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival last year. I really enjoyed them eve though that's not usually my sort of music (was only there as my wife works for the festival).
    Thanks , I looked him up on YouTube seems good, I was told that he was voted Scottish live act of the year . Its a night out if nothing else , early bird tickets only £14 . Busy time next weekend with him on Friday then another gig on the Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Anyone been to SWG3 for a concert? Got chance to go see Inspiral Carpets there next month.
    Yes, good venue, a bit out the way but pretty decent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Yes. Ok venue, plenty parking but don't know about public transport. There are two halls, I'd guess Inspiral Carpets will be in the bigger one. A perfectly ok music venue IMO.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Big Country on Thursday 1st June at the Queen’s Hall. Celebrating 40 years since The Crossing was released which means it’s nearly 40 years since I camped overnight outside The Playhouse box office for tickets to the accompanying concert. Geez I’m auld!

The Proclaimers on Leith Links on Saturday 17th June.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I've got tickets for Madonna in October at the O2 in London on her opening night in the UK, paid £450 inc a £25 booking fee for 2 tickets and thats face value. Bucket list stuff for me so I don't mind the costs involved.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Big Country on Thursday 1st June at the Queen’s Hall. Celebrating 40 years since The Crossing was released which means it’s nearly 40 years since I camped overnight outside The Playhouse box office for tickets to the accompanying concert. Geez I’m auld!

The Proclaimers on Leith Links on Saturday 17th June.
    I'm going to see Stuart Adamson's , daughter Kirsten on Saturday night , she's supporting Fay Fife (aka The Countess of Fife )

Now moved to Sunday 11th June. Tickets still valid.

@hibs.net private member
    Richard Thompson at Queens Hall 18 June 2023. Same day as one of the Proclaimers gigs on Leith Links. I've been given tickets for Proclaimers but I don't know which day they're for ...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Death Cab for Cutie at the Usher Hall the week after
    Sadly cancelled due to illness.

I've had two tours (one of which I was attending multiple gigs) cancelled on me this last week. Go and see bands while you can, they won't be around forever.

Now moved to Sunday 11th June. Tickets still valid.
    Ta :)

Ta :)
    The queens hall actually sent me an email with new date on the tickets after I posted that. Not sure if the qr code has changed at all but definitely said everything still valid and no need to do anything when I first read the change.

I wish they’d moved it to May to be honest 😁

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Sadly cancelled due to illness.

I've had two tours (one of which I was attending multiple gigs) cancelled on me this last week. Go and see bands while you can, they won't be around forever.
    Got the email this morning - bizarrely though, I met Ben Gibbard in Edinburgh earlier (which made up for my disappointment) - was in for an event at the EICC and went for a walk at lunchtime - the band were staying at the Sheraton this evening I think and he was out in Festival Square with a couple of other guys.

Tried to see if I could get tickets for Glasgow tomorrow instead but everyone else must have had the same idea as it's now sold out.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Got the email this morning - bizarrely though, I met Ben Gibbard in Edinburgh earlier (which made up for my disappointment) - was in for an event at the EICC and went for a walk at lunchtime - the band were staying at the Sheraton this evening I think and he was out in Festival Square with a couple of other guys.

Tried to see if I could get tickets for Glasgow tomorrow instead but everyone else must have had the same idea as it's now sold out.
    Glasgow is cancelled as well now.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Nothing to be done if one of the band are ill - refunds fine, but I do hope they'll reschedule for Scotland soon. Seems like Scotland is getting a lot of 'ill/can't play' cancellations in recent months.

The problem with refunds etc of course are that no booking fees etc will be refunded, because ticket sites are robbing *******s.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Went to see the Go! Team last weekend. An absolute joy.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Salt House tomorrow. Can't wait.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Went to see the Go! Team last weekend. An absolute joy.
    Missed it through Covid, gutted. Love the new album as well.