hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Business Ideas

Business Ideas

If you could do it, what would you do?

If I had land I would turn it into Edinburgh's first and only Pet Cemetery.

Given that people already pay hundreds of pounds to have their pets cremated, and pets die en mass every single day, why is it that there are only two pet cemeteries in Scotland? One in Cullen and one in Balmedie. Both in the Grampians.

Surely for someone with land, a Pet Cemetery in or around Edinburgh would make an absolute killing, and a good alternative to selling their siblings inheritance away to the next housing developer?

Why on Earth do we not have a Pet Cemetery? I think someone needs to open Edinburgh's first Pet Cemetery and call it Rainbow Bridge.

So, what would you do if you could?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Wasn’t there one down seafield?

I wish I could develop apps.

Over the years I've had a few "good" ideas 😆
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn’t there one down seafield?
    Not in my life time. Must have been before the area flooded.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Don’t open a chippy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I wish I could develop apps.

Over the years I've had a few "good" ideas 😆
    I don't know why nobody as yet has not developed a website with board game apps where people can play each other for money. (Monopoly, Chess, Checkers, Scrabble et ecetera).

I've always wanted to run a walking tour business.

Do it properly. Well researched, minimal gimmicks, a real delve into the social history of Edinburgh. Leave the Harry Potter, Greyfriars Bobby and ghosts to others (no disrespect to them, many do it very well).

It's something I plan to look into a bit further when my kids are a bit older. Do it as a second job at first and see how it goes from there. Tbh the actual research and 'performance' element doesn't worry me at all. It's the web side, online bookings etc that I'd struggle with.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Nothing that will ever make me millions but Im very handy and creative so more of a niche thing. Im buying a “man” shed when I retire and Im going to make bird boxes, bird tables and small childrens toys, the toys I will likely donate for free but the other stuff probably online sales or sell at market stalls

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Don’t open a chippy!
    We could have a separate thread where we warn folk off doing what we do because the reality is very different to how it looks from the outside.

Funny you mention having a chippy - that’s one of the lines of work that has featured in the papers quite regularly lately in relation to the struggle to make ends meet - and it sounds really, really tough. I own my own business and the past few years of rising costs and staff recruitment and retention issues make me look around at the business landscape and wonder how anyone actually manages to make a living and stay sane.