hibs.net Messageboard

Page 98 of 126 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 3766

Thread: Upcoming gigs?

Been roped into going to see the complete Stone Roses at the O2 next week. Should be good as they doing the full set from the 2nd coming tour. Definitely Oasis also playing and doing the full 1997 Be here now tour set. Also Blur and Pulp tribute bands on as well. Gonna be a long long day but the Complete Stone Roses are class.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think Saga are going to be running trips to Glastonnext year.

Hydro tomorrow night to see the wonderful Alter Bridge, lost count how many times we've seen them. Supported by the Halestorm (LIzzy Hale fwoar) and Mammoth WVH.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hydro tomorrow night to see the wonderful Alter Bridge, lost count how many times we've seen them. Supported by the Halestorm (LIzzy Hale fwoar) and Mammoth WVH.
    Going tonight as well. Love AB they are one of my fav bands. New album especially the opening track is epic.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Proclaimers tonight at the Playhouse

First Team Breakthrough
    Last trip along to The Mac Arts Centre of the year tomorrow night to see Colonel Mustard & Djion 5 , with Brownbear in support. Looking forward to another cracking night out

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    The Killers playing at the Royal Highland Centre next August.

Johnny Marr also making a appearance

Will be some gig that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Proclaimers tonight at the Playhouse
    Me too. And ffs I've never seen an audience less able to stay in their seat for more than two songs at a time. Guy in our row must have gone out for drinks and the loo seven times. Also; people who take flash photos or video, lighting up everyone within the next few rows. They will get rubbish photos and just upset everyone around them.

Proclaimers still a class act, nonetheless. Second biggest cheer of the night was for Cap In Hand.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Me too. And ffs I've never seen an audience less able to stay in their seat for more than two songs at a time. Guy in our row must have gone out for drinks and the loo seven times. Also; people who take flash photos or video, lighting up everyone within the next few rows. They will get rubbish photos and just upset everyone around them.

Proclaimers still a class act, nonetheless. Second biggest cheer of the night was for Cap In Hand.
    I noticed the reaction to cap in hand was much louder and more enthusiastic than any time Ive seen them before, that's not to say it wasn't well received those other times too

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

I don't mind folk using their phones for the odd photo or recording but FFS turn the light off. The stage lights do that job just fine.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Scouting for Girls tomorrow in the Weedge. Always a fun gig.

Also got tickets for The Killers in Ingliston this morning. £85 ooft

Blog Entries
    The Proclaimers, supported by Blue Rose Code in Perth on Wednesday.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

I apologise if it was me. 🫣my bladder isn’t designed for seated gigs

Great gig as usual tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I apologise if it was me. 🫣my bladder isn’t designed for seated gigs
    Now you've made me feel bad! Tbf the Playhouse seats are not designed for the modern day Proclaimers fan ...

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Now you've made me feel bad! Tbf the Playhouse seats are not designed for the modern day Proclaimers fan ...
    Definitely not. Snug to say the least. Standing gigs much better. Funnily enough I bought playhouse tickets rather than Dunfermline Alhambra because the last time everyone stood for the entirety at the playhouse while at the Alhambra everyone stayed seated for pretty much the whole night. Typically, the Alhambra took the seats out this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Tickets sorted for A Flock of Seagulls at Bannermans next year. Should be brilliant
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Kevin Bridges on top form in Leeds*tonight. Great to watch a comedian on stage rather than on a massive screen behind. Probably a contributing factor as to why me and Mrs both enjoyed it far more than we did seeing Peter Kay the other week.*

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I managed to get tickets for Suede at Stereo, only 300 capacity. Should be incredible.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I've bagged Madonna tickets for her show at the O2 arena in London, not cheap by any means but once in a lifetime for me. Absolutely delighted.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    I managed to get tickets for Suede at Stereo, only 300 capacity. Should be incredible.
    Nice one tried and failed.

Tickets for them in March though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I've bagged Madonna tickets for her show at the O2 arena in London, not cheap by any means but once in a lifetime for me. Absolutely delighted.
    Very pleased for you. I have a number of once in a lifetime gigs I can look back on, so I'm pleased for anyone who pushes the boat out to see a gig they really want to see.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Very pleased for you. I have a number of once in a lifetime gigs I can look back on, so I'm pleased for anyone who pushes the boat out to see a gig they really want to see.

Done VIP for the Pet Shop Boys on Hogmanay as well, they were outstanding but the VIP experienced was an absolute con. Flat standing area so if you were not at the front you couldn't see a thing, no shelter either, the bar was outside the VIP area so you had to show your wrist band twice before getting back in, all while carrying 3/4 drinks. £7 a can of Amstel and £7.50 a can of pre mixed vodka cranberry as well. Complained to the organiser but not heard back from them. Those who bought tickets for the Gardens or terracing below us had a much better view. It was an absolute disgrace. £310 for 2 tickets to look at the back of someones head for 2 hours.

She's just added a 2nd night (knew she would as theres big gaps in the dates of her tour), glad I got the Saturday night though, spend the day in London before hand. Now I just need to find someone to go with. This will probably be her last tour given that she's 64 now, always wanted to see her but never got the chance previously. Massive crush of mine when too, even now. £450 for 2 tickets, she's worth it.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

We've got Black Stone Cherry co headlining with the Darkness at OVO Hydro on the 30th of this month. Love BSC but not a huge fan of The Darkness.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Just booked tickets for Southside Johnny in London next July.

Maybe not of much interest to most, (except Brog ) but read on....

They're playing on the 7th July. Springsteen is in London, doing gigs on the 6th and the 8th. They have a long history of rocking up to each other's gigs when they can.

So... any London-based posters who couldn't get tickets for Bruce, this might be an option

Disclaimer.... he might not turn up, but you will still have a helluva night
    Bought tickets on this basis at the time! Cheers.

Weird Al/ Emo Phillips, Deacon Blue, Black Keys. Frankie Boyle all booked. Still to sort tickets for Rezillos.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    It's been about Celtic Connections for me recently.

Started off with the Roamin' Roots Revue.... bit of a mixed bag, but with some magical moments.

Then an African night, including the last standing member of the Bhundu Boys (the band that moved John Peel to tears).

Tomorrow finish off with some Shooglenifty.

In other news, Springsteen's tour kicked off on Wednesday night. Some major omissions from the set-list (Thunder Road ffs!!) , but he's notorious for changing things around, so not fretting yet.

First Team Breakthrough
    First gig of the year tomorrow night Fatherson at The Mac Arts Centre in Galashiels, part of Independent Venue week. One of many visits I've got lined up to great wee venue

Got tickets for The Who, Sunday 9th July at Edinburgh Castle.

First time at the castle for a gig.

It's been about Celtic Connections for me recently.

Started off with the Roamin' Roots Revue.... bit of a mixed bag, but with some magical moments.

Then an African night, including the last standing member of the Bhundu Boys (the band that moved John Peel to tears).

Tomorrow finish off with some Shooglenifty.

In other news, Springsteen's tour kicked off on Wednesday night. Some major omissions from the set-list (Thunder Road ffs!!) , but he's notorious for changing things around, so not fretting yet.
    Thunder Road was back in the set list last night, hopefully played at Murrayfield

@hibs.net private member
    In my top five lifetime gigs. 48 years ago ...

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNoBut View Post
    Thunder Road was back in the set list last night, hopefully played at Murrayfield
    Good news. You realise we'll be checking every gig from now until May...? 😀