hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Shefki Kuqi

Left by mutual consent!

Shefki Kuqi

When will we see the Swan Dive?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Friday night 89th minute winner to make it 3-2, yeah probably not.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Tynecastle
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tynecastle
    Last minute winner. LEGEND! Please make it happen lord!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    When will we see the Swan Dive?

Will we ever see it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Right now he has "contract cancelled by mutual consent during the January window" written all over him. Could change between now and then though.

A strange signing though can't really criticise PF if he was just looking for someone to bolster the squad and he was the best fit available for the budget he had. The form of Griffiths and Doyle has been such that we have't really had to question the depth of the squad's striking resources this season. Yet.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    Right now he has "contract cancelled by mutual consent during the January window" written all over him. Could change between now and then though.

A strange signing though can't really criticise PF if he was just looking for someone to bolster the squad and he was the best fit available for the budget he had. The form of Griffiths and Doyle has been such that we have't really had to question the depth of the squad's striking resources this season. Yet.
    That's the trouble -------------- he ain't fit never mind best fit.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post

Appart from when griffiths was out still did not start

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpdhfc View Post
    Appart from when griffiths was out still did not start
    Oh yeah. He seems very much fourth choice striker behind Griffiths, Doyle and Caldwell. Very strange signing. Pat must have thought he was better and fitter than he has actually been as surely there were better options out there.

Very much looks like Pat bought him knowing his CV was good but has since found out his legs have long gone.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Still think he has a part to play - judging by how much advice he offered to Caldwell during his brief appearance in training, his help on the training ground must be of great value. Reckon he'll still get involved and score for us though.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    Very much looks like Pat bought him knowing his CV was good but has since found out his legs have long gone.
    So long gone, in fact, that he still scored a barrel load of goals last season.
    Kiwi isn't playing because Doyle and Griffiths have been brilliant, and Caldwell has been putting the goals away in preseason and under20s, during the time Kuqi has been making up for his lack if match fitness. We've also found ourselves playing a system which relies on the movement of our forwards, rather than a less mobile, but stronger, target man.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Thought he had trimmed down a fair bit at last outing at ER.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    We've not had a great deal of success in recent years in our efforts to sign a "robust" target man.

And some posters actually thought that Michael Higdon was not "Hibs Class" when there were talks that he would be an ideal signing target for Hibs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Still think he has a part to play - judging by how much advice he offered to Caldwell during his brief appearance in training, his help on the training ground must be of great value. Reckon he'll still get involved and score for us though.
    I would agree with that. Methinks that PF got himself a player and a strikers coach for the price of one.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    We've not had a great deal of success in recent years in our efforts to sign a "robust" target man.

And some posters actually thought that Michael Higdon was not "Hibs Class" when there were talks that he would be an ideal signing target for Hibs!

Yip, And they know who they are, Still rankles me to this day the posters on here saying Higdon wasn't good enough for Hibs, Who are we like? Barcelona??..Its the SPL. i reckon i could get 5 or 6 goals myself in this pathetic league.

Kuqi will play his part in the second half of the season IMO, What's the alternative? Just rip the guy to pieces on here and say he's not good enough?.

It's a team game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Yip, And they know who they are, Still rankles me to this day the posters on here saying Higdon wasn't good enough for Hibs, Who are we like? Barcelona??..Its the SPL. i reckon i could get 5 or 6 goals myself in this pathetic league.

Kuqi will play his part in the second half of the season IMO, What's the alternative? Just rip the guy to pieces on here and say he's not good enough?.

It's a team game.
    Totally agree with you mate! And I can see a few clubs sniffing around leigh in January, unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    So long gone, in fact, that he still scored a barrel load of goals last season.
    Kiwi isn't playing because Doyle and Griffiths have been brilliant, and Caldwell has been putting the goals away in preseason and under20s, during the time Kuqi has been making up for his lack if match fitness. We've also found ourselves playing a system which relies on the movement of our forwards, rather than a less mobile, but stronger, target man.
    Like most on here, we haven't seen anything of him yet apart from glimpses off the bench, he did come with a decent pedigree and after so many weeks, thought he may have been given more play time, just wondered why and your explanation may be the answer.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I thought he done fine when he came on last Saturday.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I think his time will come he hasn't really been needed so far but at some point in the season he is going to be required to come in and do a job and i think fenlon is bringing him on slowly with that in mind

Blog Entries
    I was very opposed to the signing of Kuqi but I now believe he could be ok as an impact sub, particularly in the winter months. I don't see him starting. I'm not hugely enamoured of Sheridan or McGinn but I do believe they would have been considerably better value than Kuqi & given Kuqi has no resale value I'm astonished RP sanctioned the deal.
    I've never previously commented on Higdon but I genuinely believe he's no better than Nish & he would immediately be target for the boo boys if he ever ended up at ER1