hibs.net Messageboard

Time to hang up the gloves Audley

This is how it feels

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His performance against Haye should have had him looking out the pipe and slippers. Price looks like the best natural heavyweight Britain has had since Lewis.

I've just watched de Gale retain his European Super Middleweight title. The judges gave him the decision by a hefty margin, but I wasn't convinced. Despite obviously being a class apart from his French opponent, he made hard work against a tough but limited fighter. Best summed up in one word: lazy.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ed View Post
    His performance against Haye should have had him looking out the pipe and slippers. Price looks like the best natural heavyweight Britain has had since Lewis.

I've just watched de Gale retain his European Super Middleweight title. The judges gave him the decision by a hefty margin, but I wasn't convinced. Despite obviously being a class apart from his French opponent, he made hard work against a tough but limited fighter. Best summed up in one word: lazy.

De Gale is so frustrating to watch, I know he's short of fights but to see what he can do with the phenominal hand speed he has and then watch him lie on the ropes for so long is hugely dissapointing. The margin that one of the judges gave the fight to him was laughable IMO and the frenchman was much closer to him than that.

I see the legend that is Tyson Fury was also slavering more pish about David Price, how they love to build up their future fights!
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 13-10-2012 at 10:46 PM.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ed View Post

I'd agree with that.

I'm not an expert in Boxing although I do like to watch the occasional bout and it seemed to me that the French guy was the aggressor throughout and de Gale only threw the occasional flurry of punches.

In fact the French boxer was the clear winner as far as I was concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    De Gale is so frustrating to watch, I know he's short of fights but to see what he can do with the phenominal hand speed he has and then watch him lie on the ropes for so long is hugely dissapointing. The margin that one of the judges gave the fight to him was laughable IMO and the frenchman was much closer to him than that.

I see the legend that is Tyson Fury was also slavering more pish about David Price, how they love to build up their future fights!
    DeGale is a lazy barsteward. As good as admitted it in his post fight interview when he said he needs to train harder as he was sitting on the ropes for a breather. Still as obsessed with George Groves as ever as well.

As for Fury he had a chance to fight Price when he held the British title and Price was the mandatory. He chose to vacate the belts and fight Martin Rogan instead of taking on Price. Fury will get found out soon enough. Price is a decent fighter and is doing things the right way. If David Haye gets taken out the equation he's light years ahead of every other British heavyweight.

The less said about Audley the better. Fair play to him winning an Olympic medal but he's done nothing as a professional. Terrible boxer who's somehow managed to talk his way into big fights and a fortune. Absolute joke and hopefully he hangs up the gloves and retires to the US, well out of earshot.

Harrison is an embarrassment.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Harrison has somehow managed to talk such a good game, he's managed to get fights he should have been nowhere near. Winning the olympics was great, but since then he's been a huge disapointment.

He might have earnt some decent money, but he is an embarresment to the sport in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackie View Post
    Harrison is an embarrassment.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Harrison has somehow managed to talk such a good game, he's managed to get fights he should have been nowhere near. Winning the olympics was great, but since then he's been a huge disapointment.

He might have earnt some decent money, but he is an embarresment to the sport in my opinion.
    This x 2