hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Regular

just seen Kevin Thomson in Edinburgh

just popped into local japanese takeaway on rose street and KT in in having lunch with a mate.

Banging on about Middlesborough and Jonathon woodgate - seems very happy there. keep forgetting him when it comes to international weekends...had such potential

2. Log in to remove the advert

Great abality, crap attitude

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His biggest crime was being young and gullible.

Not that any of us would have fallen into the same trap.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    Awe naw, not another DR thread.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish View Post
    Awe naw, not another DR thread.

And the band played on.

Cracking player, would have been a Scotland regular and played at a higher level had he not had such bad luck with injuries.

He said a lot of stupid things about Hibs and the way he left certainly cast a shadow. However as said above he was young and gullible and he's not the first player to say stupid things about a former club. We gave a testimonial to another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Cracking player, would have been a Scotland regular and played at a higher level had he not had such bad luck with injuries.

He said a lot of stupid things about Hibs and the way he left certainly cast a shadow. However as said above he was young and gullible and he's not the first player to say stupid things about a former club. We gave a testimonial to another one.
    and I for one would take KT back. Fine player IMHO.

Great young player who did not fulfil his potential. Listened to some bad advice but haven't we all. Remember him for the good times at Hibs.

His injuries nothing to do with him throwing himself about into reckless challenges then trying to hurt people?
    Last edited by sambajustice; 12-10-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    His injuries nothing to do with him throwing himself about into reckless challenges then trying to hurt people?
    In a word, no!

The one I witnessed was pure bad luck. Against Partick in an end of season "dead rubber" went on a run with a defender shadowing him, caught his studs, twisted his knee, out for a year...

He did some stupid things, especially when leaving hibs, but there's no point in making up nonsense!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Great young player who did not fulfil his potential. Listened to some bad advice but haven't we all. Remember him for the good times at Hibs.
    One of my lasting memories from that time was KT and Broony laughing and joking together on front of the sunkissed East ahead of a Rangers game and we spanked them. I knew I was witnessing something special that would not last forever but savoured the moment...

Happy days!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    He chose a quick pay rise over a better future.

We shouldn't even allow players to be sold off to the OF. We should be holding on to them for as long as we can until a club from a bigger league comes in with an offer.

Players need to keep pushing themselves against more skillful opponents if they ever want any hope of reaching the top of their game.

How often do we talk about Scottish players who had so much potential, but just never came anywhere close to fulfilling it?

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

We shouldn't even allow players to be sold off to the OF. We should be holding on to them for as long as we can until a club from a bigger league comes in with an offer.

Players need to keep pushing themselves against more skillful opponents if they ever want any hope of reaching the top of their game.

How often do we talk about Scottish players who had so much potential, but just never came anywhere close to fulfilling it?
    I expect that Rodders tried to tell them as he told Steven Fletcher. Fletch, of course, listened and the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

Can't complain that he left Hibs . It was always going to happen. Only sad at the way he and his agent tried to force Hibs hand and the stupid comments he made while still a Hibs player. If he'd done it properly like Fletcher he'd still be hailed as one of the good guys.

Kt has always spoke very positively bout his time at hibs on twitter. Think it's fair to say he just listened to some bad advice

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    I expect that Rodders tried to tell them as he told Steven Fletcher. Fletch, of course, listened and the rest is history.
    I remember Fletcher moaning about how we turned down a bid from Celtic for him. He would have been off in a shot if Celtic had bid more.

I don't think he did listen. He was forced to stay because they didn't meet out valuation.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    and I for one would take KT back. Fine player IMHO.
    I agree. I'd take him back, but I'd also give any testimonial for him a huge swerve.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackie View Post
    I don't think he did listen. He was forced to stay because they didn't meet out valuation.
    that was the way i remembered it.. did he no spend the whole full season after that - when everyone expected them to come back in the january with a better offer.. but they never ???..

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    I agree. I'd take him back, but I'd also give any testimonial for him a huge swerve.
    Take him back? He is never off the treatment table....

Not for me, showed his "class" when he left......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Your memory's failing you.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/7865753.stm

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Re. KT:

Let's forgive & forget ....................

............. eh, naw

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    that was the way i remembered it.. did he no spend the whole full season after that - when everyone expected them to come back in the january with a better offer.. but they never ???..
    I think the bid from Celtic came in the January transfer window. If i remember correctly Celtic lost the league that year and lots of people were saying if they had signed fletcher they would have won it

Coaching Staff
    I met Kevin thomson on the terracing watching a pre season Vale of Leithen v HIbs game at Innerleithen , and he struck me as a very nice young chap.

I also marvelled at hsi midfield skills a few days later when I was present at the "ÍVAN" day at Ibrox when Ivan banged in three..and I thought that KT was actually man of the match that day.

I agree wtht those that say he listened to bad advice and no doubt regrets some of the things he purportedly said at the time, but I think he was also in dispute with the then manager and this conflict upped the ante on less than diplomatic statements being made.

Some posters on here (like me!) sometimes forget that we may have said things in the past that were over the top...but we have the luxury of them not being repeated on the back page of the Daily ******, and were quickly forgotten.

I'd hate to see KT playing in the SPL AGAINST us, so if he ever came available and the manager considered him fit for purpose at that time , then I'd welcome him back.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    I met Kevin thomson on the terracing watching a pre season Vale of Leithen v HIbs game at Innerleithen , and he struck me as a very nice young chap.

I also marvelled at hsi midfield skills a few days later when I was present at the "ÍVAN" day at Ibrox when Ivan banged in three..and I thought that KT was actually man of the match that day.

I agree wtht those that say he listened to bad advice and no doubt regrets some of the things he purportedly said at the time, but I think he was also in dispute with the then manager and this conflict upped the ante on less than diplomatic statements being made.

Some posters on here (like me!) sometimes forget that we may have said things in the past that were over the top...but we have the luxury of them not being repeated on the back page of the Daily ******, and were quickly forgotten.

I'd hate to see KT playing in the SPL AGAINST us, so if he ever came available and the manager considered him fit for purpose at that time , then I'd welcome him back.
    I would echo most of this i had the pleasure of spending some time in his company (though i would never claim to know him) and a nicer guy you could not hope to meet, i understand the depth of feeling and some of the things that were said were way over the top, My opininion is that him and Collins really didnt get on and the relationship had become so poisonous that he just wanted out ASAP. I would love to see him back at us at some point (as i dont take what he did personally) but i also think that due to his injury record im not sure he is the kind of player we can take a risk on
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    He was an excellent player and in that respect, its a shame he never really reached his full potential (in terms of the national team). I dont think hes one that necessarily made the wrong choice going to Rangers as he did get a game for them (unlike so many players), but the number of injuries he has suffered throughout his year was, and is always going to have an effect on his club career.

As for the Fletcher stuff, I think it is different now giving that Rangers are no longer in the league and Celtic cant spend as big as they once did (so its less likely to happen), but it is brilliant to see someone who didnt go to one of the OF becoming arguably the biggest star currently in Scottish football.

'S' Form
    The first thing I think about when someone mentions KT is the second goal we scored against Celtic to put us 2-1 up at Easter Road in the league cup quarters before beating Rangers and losing to Livi in the final. Half volley outside the box. Great player, would take him back at hibs in a heart beat

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    I do remember that but he didn't make a big song and dance about it. It was over in days and he got on with trying his best for Hibs and improving his game. If a player really wants to leave and doesn't care about screwing his club then there is not much the club can do about it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenoubt View Post
    The first thing I think about when someone mentions KT is the second goal we scored against Celtic to put us 2-1 up at Easter Road in the league cup quarters before beating Rangers and losing to Livi in the final. Half volley outside the box. Great player, would take him back at hibs in a heart beat
    about 2:35 if you dinnae want tae watch it all. Good goal, good player, little prick.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game