hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo

Attendance today

I think the attendance today was great we managed to get over the 10k mark. ( we had 10,163 but well done to Dundee in coming such large numbers)

The east stand looks really imposing now and we are slowly turning ER back into the fortress it should be.

Onwards and upwards GGTH

:pfgwa

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is the fixture that replaced the Rangers game. If it had been Rangers it wold have been live on tv and probably not much bigger a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the attendance today was great we managed to get over the 10k mark. ( we had 10,163 but well done to Dundee in coming such large numbers)

The east stand looks really imposing now and we are slowly turning ER back into the fortress it should be.

Onwards and upwards GGTH

What large numbers? Ive had more in my hoose for a party.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo
    Quote Originally Posted by IFONLY View Post
    What large numbers? Ive had more in my hoose for a party.
    Large compared to the likes of Killie, St Johnstone and ICT

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Large compared to the likes of Killie, St Johnstone and ICT
    Dundee used to bring at least double the support they brought today

I thought it was a poor dundee support. I expected more of them.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    We should always be looking for 15,000 crowds. Yes, football is expensive now, we're in very tough economic times, and the team has been poor for a long while, but we should be well capable of increasing the gate to anywhere up to 50 per cent on current numbers, it just requires imagination and sensible pricing. We have thousands of empty seats that could go to Hibees, with the right policies.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    We should always be looking for 15,000 crowds. Yes, football is expensive now, we're in very tough economic times, and the team has been poor for a long while, but we should be well capable of increasing the gate to anywhere up to 50 per cent on current numbers, it just requires imagination and sensible pricing. We have thousands of empty seats that could go to Hibees, with the right policies.

If the team keep playing well like they did today, we will eventually start getting those figures.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    Dundee used to bring at least double the support they brought today
    the 'DEE fans that turned up should be applauded, but seriously , that must be one of the lowest turnouts i've seen from them at ER. Killie had better.

Wasn't a bad turnout, not sure we'll ever get back to the 14k level we had when Collins was manager. Will take a while for people to forget the damage done by Mixu, Hughes and Calderwood.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    Bar the Hearts game I think every crowd at ER has steadily increased. It still pains me a little bit to see so many empty seats but slowly we are getting there.

I've always said that the lowest crowd we get to will show the real fans who will be there through thick and thin and bar 1, maybe 1 other it far exceeds every other club in Scotland and that makes me immensely proud.

GGTTH.

Im not sure we've had an average attendace of 15k in my lifetime. i think we only averaged 13-14k under Mowbray, and were quite a wee bit away from that kind of team at the mo.

Quote Originally Posted by sbell1875 View Post
    Bar the Hearts game I think every crowd at ER has steadily increased. It still pains me a little bit to see so many empty seats but slowly we are getting there.

I've always said that the lowest crowd we get to will show the real fans who will be there through thick and thin and bar 1, maybe 1 other it far exceeds every other club in Scotland and that makes me immensely proud.

GGTTH.

My solution would be to give 10 tickets per game to every school in Edinburgh and even the lothians. no point in having 10000 empty seats each week.

School kid for free, adult full price, or half price if they bring another child. Brings in support for the future and increased revenue at the match from the extra support.

That Cup final did a lot of damage with a lot of fans of a certain age saying they will never be back and actually mean it. It will be hard to get these guys back.
    However if result continue to improve then we should be able to increase our average attendance up towards the 13k mark. Problem is, that leaves 7k empty seats. This spoils the atmosphere and looks bad on TV. We need to find a way of giving away those tickets without offending our existing customers.
    We could start by making it cheaper for away fans. A good away support makes for a more enjoyable atmosphere for everyone. For yesterday we could have included free travel from Dundee as part of the admission price.
    Giving tickets out through schools or through the youth football teams is another way but again we would have to be careful that we don't offend season ticket holders. Having bring a mate days for season ticket holders also helps.
    Improving results is the most important thing we could do though and they are improving.
    C'mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    That Cup final did a lot of damage with a lot of fans of a certain age saying they will never be back and actually mean it. It will be hard to get these guys back.
    However if result continue to improve then we should be able to increase our average attendance up towards the 13k mark. Problem is, that leaves 7k empty seats. This spoils the atmosphere and looks bad on TV. We need to find a way of giving away those tickets without offending our existing customers.
    We could start by making it cheaper for away fans. A good away support makes for a more enjoyable atmosphere for everyone. For yesterday we could have included free travel from Dundee as part of the admission price.
    Giving tickets out through schools or through the youth football teams is another way but again we would have to be careful that we don't offend season ticket holders. Having bring a mate days for season ticket holders also helps.
    Improving results is the most important thing we could do though and they are improving.
    C'mon the Hibs.
    What age group?

I recall seeing Hibs getting beaten 6-1 in a Scottish Cup Final and within months we were embarking on one of our finest spells in history.

Hearts themselves lost 5-1 in a Scottish Cup Final and then won it 2 years later.

If these people won't come back then it's time to forget them and move on and try to get others who might come back or new supporters altogether.

I have no sympathy for supporters who won't come back because of that horrible day or the ones who didn't show for the first derby of the season because they couldn't face the Hearts supporters singing or another thumping.

Thankfully the vast majority of Hibs fans are getting over it slowly but surely. None of us will ever forget that day but we can't change that and we can only play a part in changing our future.

Ozhibby, spl rules stipulate that you must charge away supporters the same price as home supporters who are sitting in similar areas ie the famous five. Easiest way to increase crowds is to be successfull on the pitch, second easiest is to reduce entry for under 16s from £12 to £6, this would have a big impact on crowd numbers.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    C'mon the Hibs.
    I have always felt that visiting fans should be charged at least at the cheapest rate in the ground. If Hibs were to cut admission to visiting fans a similar arrangement could be negotiated for our own travelling fans with other clubs

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    What age group?

I recall seeing Hibs getting beaten 6-1 in a Scottish Cup Final and within months we were embarking on one of our finest spells in history.

Hearts themselves lost 5-1 in a Scottish Cup Final and then won it 2 years later.

If these people won't come back then it's time to forget them and move on and try to get others who might come back or new supporters altogether.

I have no sympathy for supporters who won't come back because of that horrible day or the ones who didn't show for the first derby of the season because they couldn't face the Hearts supporters singing or another thumping.

Thankfully the vast majority of Hibs fans are getting over it slowly but surely. None of us will ever forget that day but we can't change that and we can only play a part in changing our future.
    We share the same memories Scoopy, and I agree with your post.

Spend the money on a new generation. As a young lad I, and many on here, were "lifted over". That was our introduction to Hibs. So if we want more people to come we have to encourage them to bring their children and their friends.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    Either hand out tickets to schools or allow kids in free with a paying adult so £22 for adult and one child I'm sure would see the crowd increase.
    I'm picking and choosing matches as its £68 for my family to attend 1 cat b game, taking that down to £44 and we'd be at every game!

Hibs futures/kids prices should be graduated to make the younger age group free. In some SPL clubs primary school kids get in free. School colleage and university supporters clubs should be encouraged

Keep well away from any FOC admission. I know from experience that it just creates a culture of people expecting something for nothing. Reduce the kids prices by all means, but it needs to be done alongside a lot of work in the schools, kids teams, youth groups etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    If the team keep playing well like they did today, we will eventually start getting those figures.
    Fully agree with this comment.

fed up hearing excuses about people hurting after cup final, doin a lot of damage etc! nobody that was there will ever forget it and everyone will be hurting after that one. if u think it'll go away, forget it! u gotta just deal with it and move on. next time we're in a cup final, we'll c how many of these guys that "will never be back" will be wanting a ticket! get back now while ur team needs u!

@hibs.net private member
    I really don't understand the argument of reduced prices for visiting fans. Why should a visiting fan pay less than me? Any discounts should be for the benefit of Hibs supporters not opposition.

The ticketing system needs a complete overhall with supporters getting a discount for buying early, discounts for a batch of games at once, no telephone booking fees, Category B season tickets, incentives to reward season ticket holders such as a price freeze for 2 or 3 seasons if they buy before April or other incentives. Finally live televised matches should be cheaper.

The club have started with the free kids season tickets in famous five and need to develop this idea.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by garys View Post
    fed up hearing excuses about people hurting after cup final, doin a lot of damage etc! nobody that was there will ever forget it and everyone will be hurting after that one. if u think it'll go away, forget it! u gotta just deal with it and move on. next time we're in a cup final, we'll c how many of these guys that "will never be back" will be wanting a ticket! get back now while ur team needs u!
    Spot on. Or if we qualify for Europe and draw a big European club those fans will be desperate for a ticket as well. The yams will always keep winding us up about that day for decades & decades, the same way we wind them up when we won 7-0 & 6-2. We just have to move on as we can't rewind back time and reverse that scoreline. Our club needs us all to be behind the lads as that is how we will progress.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Onwards and upwards GGTH

LTYF

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    LTYF

You auld cynic
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Im not sure we've had an average attendace of 15k in my lifetime. i think we only averaged 13-14k under Mowbray, and were quite a wee bit away from that kind of team at the mo.
    Depends how old you are?

1972-1973 was that last time we averaged over that figure. Prior to that1960-1961. So only once in my lifetime

Like others I got "lifted over" in the late sixties/seventies. I would defy anyone to do it today.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    What age group?

I know I keep harping on about this but we need a more graduated pricing structure.The cheapest seats would be in the FF Lower, say £17/£10 quid, gradually increasing up to maybe £25/£15 for on the half way line. Then it might make it easier for people on lower incomes to be able to afford to attend games more often.

For Cat A games, I'd decrease the difference in price, so that the away fans (Celtc & Hearts) aren't paying drastically less than those in the middle of the East/West.