hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

McGivern, Claros & Griffiths: good players, but possibly away in January?

These three were absolutely different class today. But the downside is we are potentially going to lose them in January. I sincerely hope paddy and the board are trying their utmost best to try and make the three of these guys' move permanent up here.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The number of half season tickets sold will go a long way to deciding whether any of them can be kept on.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Claros has been our best player this season imho. Hopefully we can keep hold of these players longer.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The number of half season tickets sold will go a long way to deciding whether any of them can be kept on.
    True fair point Mikey. Then again if we keep up this good run then that is how we will get the fans back and also be able to attract some good quality players.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Yes, these 3 were excellent today but my man of the match was Eoin Doyle. I thought he was absolutely fantastic today. The guy has got the lot and we've got a real star on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Yes, these 3 were excellent today but my man of the match was Eoin Doyle. I thought he was absolutely fantastic today. The guy has got the lot and we've got a real star on our hands.

Will need to get him a new contract too, think his expires at the end of the season. Had another good game today.

Griffiths may be the only problem, does any one know how much he's on at Wolves, Hibs will pay a portion of his wage but if he's on say £5-6k and we only pay £2k, where is the other £3-4K coming from.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone got a list of the players in the current squad who are going to be free agents in the summer?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Considering a half season ticket myself, I've decided I've been in the huff for long enough! Hopefully like minded individuals do there bit to hang on to these guys

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    These three were absolutely different class today. But the downside is we are potentially going to lose them in January. I sincerely hope paddy and the board are trying their utmost best to try and make the three of these guys' move permanent up here.
    with those 3 still there, we'd win the new year derby

Impressed with McGivern, too bad he didn't start vs ICT, would have two more points.

I doubt it will.

The length of Griffiths loan would have been decided by Wolves. Whether he's allowed to return will depend on what other offers Wolves get for him in January. I think Hibs will live to regret not doing more to secure him permanently in January past or the summer. Maybe they did try - I'm speculating of course.

Doubt the uptake of half season tickets will have too much influence but maybe Rod has another begging letter drafted, ready to publish on the website on Jan 1st......

First Team Breakthrough
    We're walk ups but only missed one home game this season so we're in for half seasons for Christmas.

I thought Cairney also did really well today, I been really impressed with him since hes came!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If McGivern keeps playing I can see him staying until the season is out because he would be down the pecking order at Citeh. Claros was always a short-termer so we just need to make the most while he is here. It is a shame that he took a good while to come good. The wider point maybe is that if and when they do go, there is nothing wrong in replacing them with other loanees, as long as we go for quality.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    If McGivern keeps playing I can see him staying until the season is out because he would be down the pecking order at Citeh. Claros was always a short-termer so we just need to make the most while he is here. It is a shame that he took a good while to come good. The wider point maybe is that if and when they do go, there is nothing wrong in replacing them with other loanees, as long as we go for quality.
    True. I hope we can keep them for the derby at least so we can give them a proper great send off. Also I think PF is going to free up some wages as cant see Kujabi, Galbraith & Sproule still here by the end of Jan.

Loan expiries?

Anyone know when Leigh, claros and McGiverns deals end.. Actual date, need to have them for 2nd of January.

First Team Breakthrough Green Cabbage 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GGTTH07 View Post
    Anyone know when Leigh, claros and McGiverns deals end.. Actual date, need to have them for 2nd of January.
    Don't know about the others but when claros signed last january I thought it was for 18 months could be wrong though, if this is correct we have him till the end of the season

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cabbage 7 View Post
    Don't know about the others but when claros signed last january I thought it was for 18 months could be wrong though, if this is correct we have him till the end of the season
    That was Kujabi, Claros only signed for a year

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    That was Kujabi, Claros only signed for a year
    I was sure Claros was 18 months...?!

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    I was sure Claros was 18 months...?!
    Just a year

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16803300
    Last edited by hibee_girl; 07-10-2012 at 10:20 AM.

First Team Breakthrough Leighonel's Avatar
    They all expire in January

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    I trust Pat to either suitably replace, or sign them permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    I trust Pat to either suitably replace, or sign them permanently.
    If we have enough points to avoid relegation by that time, Petrie might not want to waste cash by signing anyone.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I think Taiwo will step in for Claros as his club in Honduras will most likely be looking for a big transfer fee, which is a shame as he's been a revelation this season. Hopefully we can keep the other two till at least the end of the season.

In a way it's quite worrying, all three have had an impact, even though McGivern has only really played a game or two for us. Unfortunately, I can only really see us being able to afford Griffiths in terms of buying them outright. Claros' club in Honduras will probably want a hefty fee for him, and even though McGivern is probably down the pecking order at Man City, they'd still want more than what we could afford IMO. Best hope is that we can get new loan deals signed up for them till the end of the season. Just my opinion though.

At a guess, id say in January Claros will be gone, and we'll negotiate Griffiths and McGivern to stay until the summer.

Griffiths and Claros I would like to see made permanent , a new deal for Doyle if Hibs can do it, and extend McGivern till the end of the season, then let's see where we are.
    Remember Griffiths can sign a pre contract in January , hopefully with us.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I might be wrong but I'm sure McGivern mentioned that he is going to be out of contract at the end of the season. If so, then I hope him & Griffiths get signed up permanently. Sadly however I think Claros is going to be away in jan. But I hope it's after the derby.

I don't care WHAT you say Mikey, I still think you're on commission for ST sales