hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So....Hibs v Dundee...who's coming ?

It's Sevco Saturday

Any people coming home this saturday who haven't been this season yet?
    Lets fill ER and bring as many people as possible...

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

This is a great game to show the Hun hordes the SPL doesn't need them. All we have to do is go along and support OUR team .
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Correct.. I hope it's a good crowd and show the SPL is thriving without them.

@hibs.net private member
    Will be under 10,000 I feel. Club missed a trick by not promoting this game in all ways possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will be under 10,000 I feel. Club missed a trick by not promoting this game in all ways possible.
    Strange...stadium ammouncer mentioned it a few times at the ICT game, then nothing until PF mentions it again in the Evening News last night...I haven't seen any other promotions other than on the Fishy site....
    looks like it's up to us then !

:pfgwa

I sort of agree. It would have been a good idea for the club to remind the fans that this is the 'would-be Rangers' game to encourage fans to get along and support that fact that Hibs did the right thing in voting against their entry into the SPL. But at the same time, I really think it's the fans job to turn up and support the club tomorrow - the club did what we wanted, so we should be backing them now by turning up in numbers. I think it falls more on the fans than the club.

@hibs.net private member
    I was thinking about this just before I came on Hibs.net. Tomorrow is the day when all these supporters who said they would never come back if "Rangers" got off scot free have to attend. Even if it is only for one day.

There can't be any excuses or they are hipocrites of the highest order. If they can't make it the least they can do is send a cheque to Hibs for the gate money. Hibs stood up and were counted now is the time for supporters to do the same. Put your money where your mouth is.

Before anyone calls me an uberfan or the likes I wouldn't demand this from supporters if it were not for the exceptional circumstances. Tomorrow is the day when the board will find out the cost of not backing "Rangers". Don't let them down. Best of all be there and enjoy yourself watching and cheering Hibs on to victory.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Exactly, the club should have been driving this by stating that theyhave been hit by not hosting Oldco twice a season and the financial implications this has caused. Then marketing for a sell-out to make up this loss.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I was thinking about this just before I came on Hibs.net. Tomorrow is the day when all these supporters who said they would never come back if "Rangers" got off scot free have to attend. Even if it is only for one day.

There can't be any excuses or they are hipocrites of the highest order. If they can't make it the least they can do is send a cheque to Hibs for the gate money. Hibs stood up and were counted now is the time for supporters to do the same. Put your money where your mouth is.

Before anyone calls me an uberfan or the likes I wouldn't demand this from supporters if it were not for the exceptional circumstances. Tomorrow is the day when the board will find out the cost of not backing "Rangers". Don't let them down. Best of all be there and enjoy yourself watching and cheering Hibs on to victory.

Yet they still expect us to break the bank by signing quality players?

GGTTH
    Exactly, but some people will always have an excuse whether it be, pricing, on TV, kick-off time, opposition, out of the country etc. The list is endless and some people will always find an excuse despite stating they would come back and help support our club during what would a difficult season for the books.

Yet they still expect Hibs to break the bank when it comes to the transfer window?

Exactly, the club should have been driving this by stating that theyhave been hit by not hosting Oldco twice a season and the financial implications this has caused. Then marketing for a sell-out to make up this loss.
    Aye. Fan power is all well and good when we are demanding Rangers are punished but when it comes to honouring the promises made if the club do the right thing then it's up to the club to do more. Or something like that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Aye. Fan power is all well and good when we are demanding Rangers are punished but when it comes to honouring the promises made if the club do the right thing then it's up to the club to do more. Or something like that.
    Not at all, it's up to those fans who made the promises to stand up and be counted. However, knowing our support, that was never going to happen. So I feel the club should have been pushing for it.

Apologies if the previous post came across the wrong way.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Exactly, but some people will always have an excuse whether it be, pricing, on TV, kick-off time, opposition, out of the country etc. The list is endless and some people will always find an excuse despite stating they would come back and help support our club during what would a difficult season for the books.

Yet they still expect Hibs to break the bank when it comes to the transfer window?
    Yes

No

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Yes

No
    These folk who are out of the country can still stick a cheque in the post to Hibs for tomorrow's gate fee. If you don't and Hibs continue to struggle financially you won't have the opportunity to bust the bank in the next season or two when we get to Hampden again.

As I said time to stand up and support the club for demanding "Rangers" get bumped.

Not at all, it's up to those fans who made the promises to stand up and be counted. However, knowing our support, that was never going to happen. So I feel the club should have been pushing for it.
    Apologies if the previous post came across the wrong way.
    They could have done much more. That they didn't is confusing, that's for sure.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    These folk who are out of the country can still stick a cheque in the post to Hibs for tomorrow's gate fee. If you don't and Hibs continue to struggle financially you won't have the opportunity to bust the bank in the next season or two when we get to Hampden again.

As I said time to stand up and support the club for demanding "Rangers" get bumped.
    Would having bought a season ticket even though I will be lucky to make 4 games be enough?

Would having bought a season ticket even though I will be lucky to make 4 games be enough?
    As long as you have also pledged 20% of your salary every month.

First Team Breakthrough francobaresi's Avatar
    First of the season for me and junior... Looking for a result and entertainment, all lacking last season...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    As long as you have also pledged 20% of your salary every month.

I'll be there for the first time this season. No longer working a Saturday night.

First Team Breakthrough muzzhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: muzz-a-bear
    just back from ER and got my ticket. First game of the season, Sect 43, row HH. Cant wait

Shouldn't we have a big banner of a Zombie hun with "Sevco GTF" written under it? The most despicable excuse for a football club I know of. I hope they never come back. :fenlon

Anyway, I'll be there to support my club who have paid their taxes since 1875.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    Shouldn't we have a big banner of a Zombie hun with "Sevco GTF" written under it? The most despicable excuse for a football club I know of. I hope they never come back. :fenlon

Anyway, I'll be there to support my club who have paid their taxes since 1875.
    One is just being finished as we speak.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Not me unfortunately, off to Oban with friends for a meal in Seafood Temple!

I'm nightshift all weekend but planning to head along tomorrow (sleep permitting ) but before the uber fans round on me, I'm also a ST holder

Think we will manage to sneak over 10,000 as I'm sure Dundee will bring a bigger support than ict. Crowd was 9908 or 9809 so even 200 extra Dees would make a difference. Was surprised the club didn't put put a bit more comms pre game trying to increase the crowd though.

Made the trip today so I'll be there. Hopefully get one or two of my college pals down here persuaded as well.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Currently on the Megabus heading to Edinburgh from Manchester to not only visit my parents but head along to ER to watch this game.

I know this might be a bit off topic but what is the best time to head to the ticket office to avoid queues and purchase a ticket for tomorrow?

The last two results, plus it's Dundee, will make a 10,000+ crowd hard to achieve.

out o' the country is a good excuse, especially if ye are, naw? or deid, that's defo a good excuse.no allowed in if yer deid,or not to my knowledge. some of the other excuses are quite relevant though, tv, times,days etc all of which are the fault of spl clubs,HFC et all. not making an excuse, but for tommorow's game, the fact that it is not on tv, and is on Saturday, at 3pm.................I will definately be there! unless I get run o'er wi a bus before ko.

done that, so you've nae excuse