hibs.net Messageboard

Team vs Dundee... Stick or Twist?

Team for tomorrows game at home to Dundee. Would you go with the same team thats been doing so well, but didnt perform as well last week, or do you drop one or two, just to freshen up and make sure nobody takes their place in the team for granted?

possible change would see Maybury out and McGivern in. Also maybe Stevenson in for Claros

2. Log in to remove the advert

I don't see any changes being made to the starting 11. I think Fenlon will give them a chance to make amends.

Perhaps a place for Taiwo on the bench if he's nearing match sharpness?

Stick. Consistency is the key to success

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan03 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Team for tomorrows game at home to Dundee. Would you go with the same team thats been doing so well, but didnt perform as well last week, or do you drop one or two, just to freshen up and make sure nobody takes their place in the team for granted?

possible change would see Maybury out and McGivern in. Also maybe Stevenson in for Claros

why would you replace Claros when he's finally beginning to look decent??

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    IMO id drop maybury to the bench and play mcgivern, he looked good when he cam on getting forward, some good positional awareness and nice passes I would keep the rest and also if fit have taiwo on the bench as would like to see him at somepoint. Also would like to see kuqi get more time maybe bring him on around the 60 min mark and give him half an hour or so.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I would replace Maybury with McGivern as it looks like he will give us something different in that he will get forward much more and provide us with attacking options down the flank. Not that Maybury has been poor as personally think he has been teh steady experienced guy that we have needed in that position. Main hope is that Sparky with a weeks extra training will be much sharper as he could cause them loads of problems with his pace and ability.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post

why would you replace Claros when he's finally beginning to look decent??
    Claros against inverness was our best player on the park imo, he seemed to be everywhere breaking up play and getting things moving think if anyone would be dropped it would be deegan althogh I think he is a good player he has had a couple of off weeks, however i would still start with him and if needed I think taiwo would slot into his role.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I would replace Maybury with McGivern as it looks like he will give us something different in that he will get forward much more and provide us with attacking options down the flank. Not that Maybury has been poor as personally think he has been teh steady experienced guy that we have needed in that position. Main hope is that Sparky with a weeks extra training will be much sharper as he could cause them loads of problems with his pace and ability.
    And I hope playing against his old team will give him a bit more motivation to score his first hibs hattrick

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    And I hope playing against his old team will give him a bit more motivation to score his first hibs hattrick
    Lets not be greedy would settle for the only goal of the game personally

I reckon the only change to starting XI will be McGivern in at left-back.
    Deegan was pretty poor against the Dons but Taiwo is probably a week or two away from a start and I'm not sure Stevenson offers anything more than the guys who are regulars at the moment.
    Griffiths should also be sharper after his injury break and will get opportunities against a fragile defence.
    I'd like to see Stanton get some game time if we are in a good position but his place on the bench may go to Taiwo.

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Deegan was pretty poor against the Dons but Taiwo is probably a week or two away from a start and I'm not sure Stevenson offers anything more than the guys who are regulars at the moment.
    Griffiths should also be sharper after his injury break and will get opportunities against a fragile defence.
    I'd like to see Stanton get some game time if we are in a good position but his place on the bench may go to Taiwo.
    Most naturally talented footballer on the books. Get him in for some much needed creativity and entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Twist and agree with above!

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I said after the game against Aberdeen last week that I wouldn't be surprised if Taiwo started tomorrow, Deegan has let the games pass him by in the last few weeks - I will have absolutely no problems with Deegan keeping his place though.

Similarly, McGivern could well come in, but I like Maybury and will be happy for him to start.

Nice to feel that we have some genuine competition, instead of the average/poor alternatives that we have had the last couple of years.