hibs.net Messageboard

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1220
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not an album, but a bit of Breton trad/funk for anyone remotely interested. The video's a nod toward a Breton who became a fairly well known New York gangster in the 1920s.

https://youtu.be/6tgh9Wik590
    That’s superb.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    That’s superb.
    Because of the virus none of these guys have had any gigs/work since March (apart from those who also do a bit of teaching). Times are pretty desperate for them, but the upside is that they're working away on stuff like this in the meantime.

Here's another crowd (although they're all mates so the next time could be a mixture of any of the guys in the 2 videos).

https://youtu.be/y-kUFPsgrmE

Because of the virus none of these guys have had any gigs/work since March (apart from those who also do a bit of teaching). Times are pretty desperate for them, but the upside is that they're working away on stuff like this in the meantime.

Here's another crowd (although they're all mates so the next time could be a mixture of any of the guys in the 2 videos).

https://youtu.be/y-kUFPsgrmE
    I really enjoyed that. The guys look like they are having a blast as well.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

After watching his interview last night thought I would give McCartney 3 a try it’s pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    After watching his interview last night thought I would give McCartney 3 a try it’s pretty decent.
    I heard wee bits of it during a 5 minute report on the TV. I must admit I quite liked the bits I heard even though I'm normally not a fan at all of his solo stuff.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    I somehow missed that McCartney had a new album until I also watched him and Idris Elba (who I thought was a bit stunted and awkward). Likes the previews so pre-orderedand it arrived today. Quite liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I somehow missed that McCartney had a new album until I also watched him and Idris Elba (who I thought was a bit stunted and awkward). Likes the previews so pre-orderedand it arrived today. Quite liking it.
    I like idris but it wasn’t a great interview.

P mc I like he always comes across as humble and seems amazingly normal for his massive status.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    It was a horrific interview. Needs to stick to his day job. I had to switch it off. Cringe to the max.

Listening to the album now. It is really outragous that a 78 year old has produced this.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 22-12-2020 at 11:20 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Shameless self promotion but The Twilight Sad kindly donated some signed items to help raise funds for the Be More Ruby charity which helps raise funds and awareness for rhabdomyosarcoma after a friend lost their six year old daughter Ruby to the disease earlier this year. Put a wee raffle for the prizes up at https://raffall.com/168758/enter-raf...CSl0m4dntVFJkY.

Was going to do it as an eBay auction but realised that with money so tight for many, a raffle for a fiver a ticket was a far more fair way to do it whilst hopefully raising a whole load of money for the charity too.

Please delete if this isn't allowed but thought I'd promote the hell out of it.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Really enjoying The Avalanches recent album We Will Always Love You.

Lots of great collaborations

The KLF was made available some songs again after deleting their back catalogue nearly 30 years ago rumours we might see some new stuff.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Tim Minchin has released his first ever music album, Apart Together. As you'd expect from him, the words are intelligent, thoughtful and moving, and it's easy on the ear. I was close to tears listening to the title track, he paints such a sad but beautiful picture. Edinburgh gets a mention in another track too.

It's not groundbreaking musically although the tunes are very good, but it's well arranged and produced, and it's definitely an album I'll be listening to regularly.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

We will always love you by The Avalanches is a beautiful album.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopz View Post
    We will always love you by The Avalanches is a beautiful album.
    I'm currently giving this its second listen although I might not get through it all before zzzzzzzz.

Yesterday I thought it was the kind of thing I'd enjoy listening to late at night, maybe on a balcony overlooking the sea with a drink in hand.

Tonight I'm listening on headphones and the vibe is a bit different from that. It's still good, but maybe not as contemplative as I thought. (Maybe I should wait before saying that. Interstellar love has just come on and it's exactly what I thought yesterday!)
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I'm currently giving this its second listen although I might not get through it all before zzzzzzzz.

Yesterday I thought it was the kind of thing I'd enjoy listening to late at night, maybe on a balcony overlooking the sea with a drink in hand.

Tonight I'm listening on headphones and the vibe is a bit different from that. It's still good, but maybe not as contemplative as I thought. (Maybe I should wait before saying that. Interstellar love has just come on and it's exactly what I thought yesterday!)
    I came in from a walk this afternoon to find my 19 year old son looking for We go on after he heard me listening to it yesterday.

Looking forward to hearing ‘JT’ the new disc by Steve Earle.

I came in from a walk this afternoon to find my 19 year old son looking for We go on after he heard me listening to it yesterday.
    It's a good track. Possibly the most commercial on the album?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    Looking forward to hearing ‘JT’ the new disc by Steve Earle.
    Given the circumstances, arguably his most personal album ever. God knows how he made it through the recording.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Given the circumstances, arguably his most personal album ever. God knows how he made it through the recording.

He’s a very passionate guy and a brilliant singer/songwriter and the album is a fitting tribute to his son.

I am really loving the album. It has a strange emotional pull at times and quite evocative.

I saw that Mick Jones plays on "We go on". I loved the Clash, still do, and MJ used to be a big hero of mine.

The space laser type sound effects on that track were nagging at my memory and reminded me of something I'd heard before. When I noticed it was Mick Jones, I realised that it was like a technique Big Audio Dynamite would use. Maybe it's a nod to E=MC2 or something.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 13-01-2021 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I am really loving the album. It has a strange emotional pull at times and quite evocative.

I saw that Mick Jones plays on "We go on". I loved the Clash, still do, and MJ used to be a big hero of mine.

The space laser type sound effects on that track were nagging at my memory and reminded me of something I'd heard before. When I noticed it was Mick Jones, I realised that it was like a technique Big Audio Dynamite would use. Maybe it's a nod to E=MC2 or something.
    Are you tracking my Interweb history HR . I had a little search for “This is BAD” after listening to the track last week as it reminded me of them.
    I had a cassette of that album which I wore out listening to on my Walkman on the C5 bus journey to my part time job in B&Q on Easter Road back in the day.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Sleaford Mods new album is fantastic. A real return to form.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Are you tracking my Interweb history HR . I had a little search for “This is BAD” after listening to the track last week as it reminded me of them.
    I had a cassette of that album which I wore out listening to on my Walkman on the C5 bus journey to my part time job in B&Q on Easter Road back in the day.
    Ah, excellent. It's been years since I'd listened to BAD so I wasn't sure I was making the right connection. Turns out we both were.

Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    He’s a very passionate guy and a brilliant singer/songwriter and the album is a fitting tribute to his son.
    Dunno if you've seen this. As ever, straight from the heart and hip. Had me in bits.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...earle-1116373/

"Vana" by Ross Ainslie is doing it big-time for me just now.

"Vana" by Ross Ainslie is doing it big-time for me just now.
    Ross is a brilliant musician as well as a totally sound guy. Anything he's involved in is usually top notch.

Tom Sanders "Only Magic" album has been a lovely wee find.

I heard the title track "It's only Magic" on Radio 6 and that led me to the album.

I suggest you start the same way. It's a good barometer of the entire work. If you get on with that track, you're likely to enjoy the rest.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 29-01-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Ross is a brilliant musician as well as a totally sound guy. Anything he's involved in is usually top notch.
    Been aware of him for years in various bands like Salsa Celtica. This is the first time I've bought any of his own albums, off the back of an exquisite set at Celtic Connections.

I read your message last night while, coincidentally, watching him in another CC gig.

He's far too talented 😁

Dunno if you've seen this. As ever, straight from the heart and hip. Had me in bits.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...earle-1116373/
    Thanks for that link.
    Very moving. ****ty circumstances.
    If there is a positive, it's that Steve looks very well and seems very centred.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 30-01-2021 at 12:14 AM.

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams

Lovely album she’s going to be a huge star.