hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Pat showing he knows

Fenlon said: “When you’ve been on a run for a couple of seasons where you have been losing football matches it’s difficult and that eats away at people.
    “But we’ve got a new bunch here and from speaking to most of the supporters since I’ve been in it’s been that their biggest criticism is in relation to the lack of enthusiasm and the lack of work-rate and honesty from the players.
    “I think this group are the total opposite to that and that can’t be labelled on them at all and supporters feed off that. They know that it is not going to be lovely to watch all the time, but the one thing we want to be is that we want to be able to play and pass the ball.
    “But we also want to be, when it is not going right for us on the day, difficult to beat and be able to grind out results. I think on Saturday was the first time that the supporters realised with 10 or 15 minutes to go that we were a little bit under the cosh. Last season there might have been a few moans and groans and maybe a bit of panic.
    “But they were brilliant and they got behind us so well for the last 10 to 15 minutes, they knew that we had to dig in and in fairness they were digging in with us to try and get us over the line.”

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hear, hear mate.

Dont want too get too carried away, as Hibs are well known to build you up for a fall. But the right signs are there.

Exactly what i wanna hear

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Brilliant, nail on head. Lets get another 3 points tomorrow to top the league. :pfgwa

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    What was interesting in the Hibs TV interview was that Pat learned more about certain players from the end of season loss to ICT than in the final. We had a lot of players with the chance to claim a first team place and they showed no desire against ICT.

Very interesting interview.

I'll be the first to admit that after the Dundee United game I was really concerned about Fenlon. Still early days but I'm really looking forward to eating humble pie.

This is the type of thing I love to hear and on top of coming out with a statement re Kenny Shiels it feels pretty damn good to be a hibby again

:pfgwa

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Mon the pat!! Ggtth

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What was interesting in the Hibs TV interview was that Pat learned more about certain players from the end of season loss to ICT than in the final. We had a lot of players with the chance to claim a first team place and they showed no desire against ICT.

Very interesting interview.

The ICT game epitomised what was wrong with Hibs last season.

Fenlon has got his priorities spot on. Sort the culture out, toughen us up and set standards at the club.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The ICT game epitomised what was wrong with Hibs last season.

Fenlon has got his priorities spot on. Sort the culture out, toughen us up and set standards at the club.
    Agree 100%

As Pat says, it might not always be pretty to watch and it wont always serve up the result we want but by God the players will be in no doubt as to what the manager expects of them
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post
    I'll be the first to admit that after the Dundee United game I was really concerned about Fenlon. Still early days but I'm really looking forward to eating humble pie.

This is the type of thing I love to hear and on top of coming out with a statement re Kenny Shiels it feels pretty damn good to be a hibby again

:pfgwa
    Exactly i cant remember the last time i was so looking forward to a Hibs game :jmcp:

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    PF is going to be one of the greats, I just know it.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    In wee Pat I trust. Man is a winner. The end.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    In wee Pat I trust. Man is a winner. The end.
    This. The level of commitment we're seeing is unreal, Claros getting his head in the way of a kick to prevent a goal last week was beyond what I'd expect from a player. Everyone is taking responsibility for their mistakes, it's a joy to watch.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    PF is going to be one of the greats, I just know it.
    Answer yer phone ( brickwall ) lol

This. The level of commitment we're seeing is unreal, Claros getting his head in the way of a kick to prevent a goal last week was beyond what I'd expect from a player. Everyone is taking responsibility for their mistakes, it's a joy to watch.
    That was nothing in Jorge's mind. Kick in the head...pah....... try surviving a bullet...... Great wee player.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    One of the places I've really noticed a change in attitude, is in 'The Scotsman' comments. After a summer of having to read the triumphalist garbage the yams were posting, there's been a real swing of confidence over to the Hibs posters and the yam motormouths are heading for the hills in large numbers.

A sound thrashing from DU for them, and a Hibs win, however it's achieved, should see a few more dive for cover

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    One of the places I've really noticed a change in attitude, is in 'The Scotsman' comments. After a summer of having to read the triumphalist garbage the yams were posting, there's been a real swing of confidence over to the Hibs posters and the yam motormouths are heading for the hills in large numbers.

A sound thrashing from DU for them, and a Hibs win, however it's achieved, should see a few more dive for cover
    I pretty much gave up on that site even prior to the final, the banter is rotten. I did wonder about the Jambo Hen Broon/TOTT though. He announced recently he wouldn't be posting anymore and I wondered if he knew the broon stuff was about to hit the fan for them?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Yep. Pat Fenlon - He Da Man.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I pretty much gave up on that site even prior to the final, the banter is rotten. I did wonder about the Jambo Hen Broon/TOTT though. He announced recently he wouldn't be posting anymore and I wondered if he knew the broon stuff was about to hit the fan for them?
    I gave up on that site two years ago when I discovered the place was full of Jambos faking it as Hibbies

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    I gave up on that site two years ago when I discovered the place was full of Jambos faking it as Hibbies
    ......not to mention the multiple user-names posters. Personally, I think there's actually only about 4 of them.....all with serious schizophrenic tendencies

It isn't banter, it's poison....as for Hen/TOTT, he always claimed to be 'in the know'
    Last edited by Jack Hackett; 21-09-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    Probably a bit like on here then.

......not to mention the multiple user-names posters. Personally, I think there's actually only about 4 of them.....all with serious schizophrenic tendencies
    Never really understood that, in all the time I was on that forum I only had two names, Hobo Harry and one other years before when I got red-carded for being rude lol. What they gain from the multiple names is a mystery to me.

A manager that tells it as it is without all of the flowery BS.

As the sun report on Monday said the only thing noticeable he done in the game was wearing orange boots.wtf

It isn't banter, it's poison....as for Hen/TOTT, he always claimed to be 'in the know'
    Aye well I didn't believe a word of it. According to him he was a season ticket holder, corporate sponsor, watched every home game, every U20 game and best of all had previously been the owner of a multi million pound company until I started goading him about it. He had more sh*t in him than a Christmas goose....

Never really understood that, in all the time I was on that forum I only had two names, Hobo Harry and one other years before when I got red-carded for being rude lol. What they gain from the multiple names is a mystery to me.
    Still use my original FFF Harry, and it isn't really a mystery, just very sad people talking to themselves to backup their nonsense

He had more sh*t in him than a Christmas goose....

Oh aye.....after an initial preference for Micheal O'Neill, Pat IS the man.
    Last edited by Jack Hackett; 21-09-2012 at 09:12 PM.

with the exception of his 'sparky' at hampden, I think that pat has shown a level head throughout (and that's not criticism, surprised he never lamped someone). He's made comments that have been realistic, no just what the fans want to hear but clued in to what actually needs done. He knew / learned quickly that the previous mob weren't up to it and he's getting his guys in now. Good stuff going on at ER

Quote Originally Posted by coco22 View Post
    with the exception of his 'sparky' at hampden, I think that pat has shown a level head throughout (and that's not criticism, surprised he never lamped someone). He's made comments that have been realistic, no just what the fans want to hear but clued in to what actually needs done. He knew / learned quickly that the previous mob weren't up to it and he's getting his guys in now. Good stuff going on at ER
    Some people on here were blinded by their own "I'm not interested in another manager who talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk, he's not good enough" chat, but it's been blindingly obvious all along that he's got the right plan.

Quote Originally Posted by coco22 View Post
    His 'friendly goodbye wave' shows, to me, that he was as deeply affected by the performance and result as we were, and as such, a perfectly understandable reaction.
    :fenlon

His 'friendly goodbye wave' shows, to me, that he was as deeply affected by the performance and result as we were, and as such, a perfectly understandable reaction.
    :fenlon
    Agreed. Showed he really cares