hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sect43 monthly update - August

Throughout the summer Sect43 have been working behind the scenes on ideas that will help continue, and improve, it's efforts from last season. The group is on the right path and wants to grow in it's bid to bring back a good atmosphere at Easter Road, as well as at away matches. The purchase of a smaller drum, which can be taken to more stadiums, will prove a useful addition, and help various songs become louder, and at a pace which suits the chant. This has already had an effect such as at the Derby, where the song 'Alee Alee Aleh Ohhh' caught on well and has become more recognised with a larger proportion of the support than last season.

The atmosphere at the derby was fantastic, and aided by a good performance on the park, was one of the loudest supports in recent seasons. This match was followed by another few games which saw the volume among the Hibs fans at a good level, which will hopefully be the start of a season in which we can turn Easter Road into a fortress, and have a loud away support. As well as a loud vocal support at games, the group is always trying to add colour to the stands. Sect43 scarves have been a big success and have sold very well among fans. As well as scarves, numerous flags and 2-sticks have been designed, and will soon begin the process of being made by members of Sect43. The banner at Celtic Park, "we were first to wear the green", was also a success, in a match which saw the away support in good numbers, and again singing for 90 minutes.

Certain members within Sect43 are in constant talks with the club about new ideas to the singing section, which recently led to the approval of the drum. This good relationship with the board will hopefully continue as more ideas are being brought up and discussed to try and improve the atmosphere within the stadium.

Away from the stands, the group has decided to sponsor Hibs Girls U17 striker Rebecca McArthur. A report on the sponsorship can be found here

Sect43 - Nulli Secundus.

2. Log in to remove the advert

You guys are happy with that crest ye? Think that will get less people over. And doesn't seem to be in keeping with the sec 43 message. Just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys are happy with that crest ye? Think that will get less people over. And doesn't seem to be in keeping with the sec 43 message. Just my opinion of course.
    I like it. Keep up the good work

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sect43 View Post

Throughout the summer Sect43 have been working behind the scenes on ideas that will help continue, and improve, it's efforts from last season. The group is on the right path and wants to grow in it's bid to bring back a good atmosphere at Easter Road, as well as at away matches. The purchase of a smaller drum, which can be taken to more stadiums, will prove a useful addition, and help various songs become louder, and at a pace which suits the chant. This has already had an effect such as at the Derby, where the song 'Alee Alee Aleh Ohhh' caught on well and has become more recognised with a larger proportion of the support than last season.
    I thought it also kept good time with the Mercer song and helped that catch on too
    Last edited by Saorsa; 14-09-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Great ideas keep it up! Will the drum be at pittodrie?

Or some flags?

What crest, the boy with the scarf on his face? What's wrong with it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I thought it also kept good time with the Mercer song and helped that catch on too

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Damn

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Love what you guys are doing and its much appreciated amongst the hibs support but I agree with a previous poster who said the crest is a bit of a turn off - seems a bit yob like to me and not in keeping with the motives of the group, just my honest opinion!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    What crest, the boy with the scarf on his face? What's wrong with it?
    It's sinister and creates the wrong image. Apart from religious reasons anything that hides your face and just shows your eyes is connected with wrong doing in most peoples eyes, the outlaw connection.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 14-09-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Maybe they are just stonkingly ugly so need to hide their coupin?

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    anyone who is being serious that the logo gives of the wrong immpression or image seriously needs to take a look at themselves. its a logo from a supporters group that follows a football club, not the local gardening commitee.

Just saying it looks more apt for hibs ultras etc than a supporters group just trying to get a much needed atmosphere going. And as I said, just my opinion.

Just saying it looks more apt for hibs ultras etc than a supporters group just trying to get a much needed atmosphere going. And as I said, just my opinion.
    Can definitely see that viewpoint but hopefully that perception may be changed, in Hibs circles at least, with the continued good work of the Sect43 guys

Quote Originally Posted by Skanko79 View Post
    anyone who is being serious that the logo gives of the wrong immpression or image seriously needs to take a look at themselves. its a logo from a supporters group that follows a football club, not the local gardening commitee.

No you need to accept that no matter what you think, many people do get the wrong impression when they see images like that, it's a fact not something that you can dismiss with a silly comment about local gardening committees. We all know who they are/what they stand for, others that don't think there is a sinister side to it.

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    No you need to accept that no matter what you think, many people do get the wrong impression when they see images like that, it's a fact not something that you can dismiss with a silly comment about local gardening committees. We all know who they are/what they stand for, others that don't think there is a sinister side to it.
    so, being honest, when you look at it what immpression do you get?

There's always something, eh?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Dundee fan and an Arab at my work asked me what the club were doing about the casuals on the terraces, just based on that logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Skanko79 View Post
    so, being honest, when you look at it what immpression do you get?

When I first saw it I thought it was a veiled attempt at young casuals getting together to cause bother. I showed the image to about twenty odd people at the time as part of a marketing project scenario and asked them to give me their feedback on what the logo/brand/image meant to them and none of the responses showed it in a positive light.

By the way this isn't a dig at Sect 43 as I fully support their objectives, it's merely a response to a post on here.

Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    There's always something, eh?
    People just **** stirring, nothing better to do with their lives.

Keep the logo guys.

Testimonial Due
    When I first saw it I thought it was a veiled attempt at young casuals getting together to cause bother. I showed the image to about twenty odd people at the time as part of a marketing project scenario and asked them to give me their feedback on what the logo/brand/image meant to them and none of the responses showed it in a positive light.

By the way this isn't a dig at Sect 43 as I fully support their objectives, it's merely a response to a post on here.
    "It's magic you know, casuals and chinos (and plimsolls) don't go".
    One look at their One Direction influenced styling will set those minds at rest.
    To be fair to the 43 boys, I notice that a load of young blades are dressed like fekn clowns these days.

I hope they do steer clear of attempting to be an "Ultras group" and concentrate on singing and displays as I've never seen a good attempt yet in the UK and that includes the kiddy on tramps in Glasgow.

Leave the "against modern football" banners behind....especially when glued to the champions league every other week with your Man U tops on.

Jesus wept. Casuals? Wearing scarves? Really?

Can see the point some guys are making to honest.

First of all the logo doesn't bother me and section 43 have 'won me round' if you like. However it doesn't bother me because I know what group it belongs to. Like it or not a logo with someone covering their face can have a negative effect.

Not saying its a major issue but don't think it can just be dismissed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    People just **** stirring, nothing better to do with their lives.

Keep the logo guys.

As opposed to people with nothing useful to say other than going onto threads which after all are for discussion and accusing people of stirring, now that's someone who has nothing better to do with their lives!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Can see the point some guys are making to honest.

First of all the logo doesn't bother me and section 43 have 'won me round' if you like. However it doesn't bother me because I know what group it belongs to. Like it or not a logo with someone covering their face can have a negative effect.

Not saying its a major issue but don't think it can just be dismissed either.
    Pretty much what I think as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Jesus wept. Casuals? Wearing scarves? Really?
    FFS you know what I meant HOOLIGANS, NEDS or whatever else you want to call them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    "It's magic you know, casuals and chinos (and plimsolls) don't go".
    One look at their One Direction influenced styling will set those minds at rest.
    To be fair to the 43 boys, I notice that a load of young blades are dressed like fekn clowns these days.

I hope they do steer clear of attempting to be an "Ultras group" and concentrate on singing and displays as I've never seen a good attempt yet in the UK and that includes the kiddy on tramps in Glasgow.

Leave the "against modern football" banners behind....especially when glued to the champions league every other week with your Man U tops on.
    Forgetting their politics I do think the Green Brigade are pretty decent at creating an atmosphere. They have some quality banners and chants ect.

First Team Breakthrough superbam's Avatar
    The crest looks quality, keep it. And keep up all the good work. You guys have started to inject some life into one of the most passive supports in scottish football, persevere and dont listen to the moanies.

Yep, ditch the scarf face guy and have him chucking a flare instead

This is how it feels