hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Derek Riordan-Story on the BBC

Just noticed a news item on BBC Scotland website, involving allegation of breach of the peace and anti homosexual language after an incident at an Edinburgh nightclub. Another unfortunate episode in Deek's nightclubbing history. Maybe he should just give up the dancing!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-19600518

2. Log in to remove the advert

Waster

100+ goals

Unfulfilled talent

Hibs legend

Etc etc

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    ooooh i'm sure some posters will be along sometime to tell us it's all lies and he was in 'insert place name' at the time of the incident

What the hell was he doing at the Picture House on a monday night is the real question, thats for Thursdays...

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    An occurence that happens dozens of times every weekend across the nightime economy in Edinburgh and wouldn't merit a mention on the BBC if it was Joe Bloggs.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    The door staff there behave like they're running a military operation, absolute bell-ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An occurence that happens dozens of times every weekend across the nightime economy in Edinburgh and wouldn't merit a mention on the BBC if it was Joe Bloggs.
    That's the nature of fame and doesn't make the alleged offences any more acceptable.

some doormen certainly do let the littlest bit of power go to their heads

Do we really care what he does. Non news item imo

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    some doormen certainly do let the littlest bit of power go to their heads
    And some are just doing their jobs while putting up with unacceptable levels of abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    That's the nature of fame and doesn't make the alleged offences any more acceptable.
    I don't believe I said it did!

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    And some are just doing their jobs while putting up with unacceptable levels of abuse.

that's also true i certainly wouldn't fancy taking all the crap that they have to put up with from drunken moronic t@ats

I'm sure the One Directionesque "Deeko" fan club will be out in force with OUTRAGE at (yet another) scandalous article out to get Jesus of Nazareth reincarnated

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    that's also true i certainly wouldn't fancy taking all the crap that they have to put up with from drunken moronic t@ats

There's little point getting all ersy with doormen, specially if you're all bevvied up, remember they have little time for drunks and it's there jobsworth not to allow them into the clubs, plus roid up doormen have little patience and are a wee bit on the angry side.

The article mentions that he needs to stay out of Edinburgh city centre between 7pm and 7am as a bail condition. That seems a bit random. One thing banning folk from clubs etc, another saying that they can't be anywhere on the street. The big brother state is truly with us

Maybe explains why Deek hasn't got a club though?

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    The article mentions that he needs to stay out of Edinburgh city centre between 7pm and 7am as a bail condition. That seems a bit random. One thing banning folk from clubs etc, another saying that they can't be anywhere on the street. The big brother state is truly with us

A friend of mine was involved in an incident outside hive and he was barred from niddrie

A friend of mine was involved in an incident outside hive and he was barred from niddrie street on condition of his bail. At all times.

A similar thing can also apply for footballing banning orders if the police deem it necessary and can provide proof that it may prevent any further incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    A similar thing can also apply for footballing banning orders if the police deem it necessary and can provide proof that it may prevent any further incidents.
    I can see the sense in football banning orders if the culprit has been associated with football related disorder etc. Equally, I understand that banning folk from nighclubs might be appropriate if that's where you cause bother, I just find a general ban from the city centre a bit too random, even if one was convicted of a crime.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Could he still do a job for us? ;)

Waster.

Bouncers there are awful, almost bad as the ones at the Hive

I can see the sense in football banning orders if the culprit has been associated with football related disorder etc. Equally, I understand that banning folk from nighclubs might be appropriate if that's where you cause bother, I just find a general ban from the city centre a bit too random, even if one was convicted of a crime.
    Lots of erses who end up before the courts on a regular basis due to committing crimes on a regular basis in the city centre get bail conditions banning them. Though with Deek I'm not even sure what convictions he has if any that would merit a city centre ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Could he still do a job for us? ;)

Waster.

Bouncers there are awful, almost bad as the ones at the Hive
    I suppose it's how you judge a bouncer, I'm told by my son that bouncers at the Hive are plentiful, pretty strict and clamp down on any trouble pretty quickly which makes for a good night for everyone else!

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar

I work as a Doorman for a student union in Dundee and we've got a big book of people that are banned from Dundee City Centre and all clubs between the same hours, if they approach the door we have to call the police immediatly. Ive had a look through it and can honestly say theyre some of the scariest looking people ive ever seen

I'm not homophobic or racist but when I was getting chucked out of a flash west End nightclub at one of Irvine's book launches it was clear the bouncers were East European.

Are you Polish? I asked as he manhandled me out of the door.

No I'm Lithuanian. My bevvied mind equated Lithuanians with Hearts so i decided to start singing 'Lithuanians are gay-ay'

He didn't like it and ran towards me as I briefly hid behind a car. He was built like Dolph Lundgren in his hey day so I made off, as I approached a basement stairwell I launched myself head first down the steps and smashed my face into the steps.

The Lithuanian gave up chase upon seeing that i had done myself in far better than he could have hoped himself.

An ambulance arrived

and i was whisked away to hospital only to be told I'd have to wait 8 hours in A&E - signed myself out and crashed at a mates house near Brick Lane, woke up and my wrist was agony so went back to hospital where the Q was now smaller, and found I had broken my wrist.

Meanwhile my face had ballooned and I looked like the Elephant Man on a bad day.

My wrist still gets sore sometimes.

That's why I'll never get self righteous when I read stories about Derek Riordan

Story of Riordans life this. What an absolute waster.

I have had zero respect for riordan since he royally shafted Hibs.

Riordan GTF

Now I expect abuse from the Riordan lovers!! riordan is no Hibs legend and should not even be close to the same status as Stanton, Reilly, Sauzee etc.

@hibs.net private member whereswallace?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    I'm not homophobic or racist but when I was getting chucked out of a flash west End nightclub at one of Irvine's book launches it was clear the bouncers were East European.

No I'm Lithuanian. My bevvied mind equated Lithuanians with Hearts so i decided to start singing 'Lithuanians are gay-ay'

He didn't like it and ran towards me as I briefly hid behind a car. He was built like Dolph Lundgren in his hey day so I made off, as I approached a basement stairwell I launched myself head first down the steps and smashed my face into the steps.

The Lithuanian gave up chase upon seeing that i had done myself in far better than he could have hoped himself.

An ambulance arrived

and i was whisked away to hospital only to be told I'd have to wait 8 hours in A&E - signed myself out and crashed at a mates house near Brick Lane, woke up and my wrist was agony so went back to hospital where the Q was now smaller, and found I had broken my wrist.

Meanwhile my face had ballooned and I looked like the Elephant Man on a bad day.

That's why I'll never get self righteous when I read stories about Derek Riordan
    [IMG]381313_2307180833812_1078031841_2523339_2139902811 _n[/IMG]

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96

An ambulance arrived

Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Story of Riordans life this. What an absolute waster.

I have had zero respect for riordan since he royally shafted Hibs.

Riordan GTF

Now I expect abuse from the Riordan lovers!! riordan is no Hibs legend and should not even be close to the same status as Stanton, Reilly, Sauzee etc.
    On my phone so can barely see it but is that George Best in you avatar? :-)

I do agree with you though.

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62

An ambulance arrived

Tool

@hibs.net private member
    Called a bouncer a big p00f and he's in court for it...deary dear