hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I hate international football (merged)

God, I hate it when there isn't a Hibs game on a Sat/[or Sun], because there is a Scotland game . Should be playing the International game mid-week, what difference does it make cancelling all the league games ? It's not as though we are in with a chance of qualifing for the finals anyway. Yet another Sat traipsing round shoe shops with the better half. Aaagggghhhh

2. Log in to remove the advert

Agree, and the fixed odds coupons are crap too

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    I so agree, especially when we are on a bit of a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    God, I hate it when there isn't a Hibs game on a Sat/[or Sun], because there is a Scotland game . Should be playing the International game mid-week, what difference does it make cancelling all the league games ? It's not as though we are in with a chance of qualifing for the finals anyway. Yet another Sat traipsing round shoe shops with the better half. Aaagggghhhh
    That's the mentality our national team and many thousands of supporters should have right enough......

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    I don't, I'm heading to Hampden on Saturday with a Hearts fan and a Livi fan. 2 good mates that I wouldn't normally get to experience the full match day excitement with. Cannae wait

Another Saturday kicking my heels at home, hate free weekends......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper View Post
    I don't, I'm heading to Hampden on Saturday with a Hearts fan and a Livi fan. 2 good mates that I wouldn't normally get to experience the full match day excitement with. Cannae wait
    This.

i hate it aswell. cant wait to get back to easter road after our wee 'run', shame it wont be this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper View Post
    Everybody to their own mate, hope you and your mate enjoy the experience. Not my cup of tea however. I dare say if the game was mid-week you could still go with your mates though couldn't you ? then the rest of us, [and you] could also go to the game that really matters on the Saturday.

First Team Regular
    Well ye's can wait till Monday and go see the u20's for Nout at Easter road

Agree, just don't like international football.

I'm passionate about Hibs because they are MY team, the team I chose to follow and the team that, for lack of a better word, i love.

I'm Scottish because that's where I happen to have been born. I don't do or get patriotism so can't support Scotland just for being Scotland and I struggle to relate to the other fans and the team.

If people like international football then good luck to them but its not for me.

It's pish.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    When I read the OP I felt my heart sink. Because it's true. I remember being a kid and LOVING when Scotland played. Now it seems like when we do play it's a distraction. I hope I see a decent Scotland side again before I die. I would love for us to get to the world cup again. Last time was too long ago. I know we crap ourselves when we get there but it's an achievement just qualifying.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Agree, just don't like international football.

I'm passionate about Hibs because they are MY team, the team I chose to follow and the team that, for lack of a better word, i love.

I'm Scottish because that's where I happen to have been born. I don't do or get patriotism so can't support Scotland just for being Scotland and I struggle to relate to the other fans and the team.

If people like international football then good luck to them but its not for me.
    Not having a go but surely there isn't much to "get" about being patriotic? It's pride just like being proud about being a Hibs fan. I'm proud to be Scottish. I'm proud to be American. I have no friggin' clue what I am going to do come the end of the month - Ryder Cup.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    When I read the OP I felt my heart sink. Because it's true. I remember being a kid and LOVING when Scotland played. Now it seems like when we do play it's a distraction. I hope I see a decent Scotland side again before I die. I would love for us to get to the world cup again. Last time was too long ago. I know we crap ourselves when we get there but it's an achievement just qualifying.
    Start with a couple of wins and folk will start to get interested.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    The last time I saw us play was against the US in Washington DC on a "glorious" 100+ degree day. At least it felt like that. 0-0 draw. My wife's first taste of Scottish fitba. LOL.

I can't get excited about Scotland either and I am patriotic.

Thanks to Levein for that.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Not me TBF. I bet it'll be the same for countless others too.

Until that prat is emptied the apathy will continue IMO.

As much as I dislike Levien, I'll be in the pub cheering in Scotland and contributing to what should be a bouncy atmosphere in my local (as per the norm. for any competitive Scotland game).

Agree but this time im going to the match with my boy. Have absolutely no sense of anticipation at the moment but hopefully that will come on the day. Would rather be going to ER all the same.

WE HATE JIMMY HILL.........,

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    I'm not a fan of international football until a major tournament comes round, but that is only because no other football is on. I've never really cared about the Scottish national team, nor any other national team. I remember when I was in Belfast for my dads stag weekend I didn't even watch the Scotland v Czech Republic game, I went into town for the 90 minutes to look around for some tacky souvenir to take home for my mum and sister then went back. I just find it difficult to sit there and watch.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    I used to love going to the Scotland games when they were a decent side and before the Jimmy McJimmys took over.

And as for being a member of the Tartan Army

I know quite a few people who have totally given up on their club sides, even ex Hibs fans - to go and watch that garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1875 View Post
    This.
    I concur, although the away games are where the real fun is!

We'll be coming, Come on SCOTLAND

I love Scotland games as much as I love Hibs games, international matches extends the football season for another 6 or 7 games, what's not to love about that, the teams will never meet, the games are never conflicting because of free weekends, football is the way forward both international and club.

So on Saturday and Tuesday I will leave Edinburgh with hundreds of like minded Scotland fan's join up with thousands more and, I will stand side by side with supporters from clubs as far apart as SPL to junior and senior club fans to cheers on our NATIONAL team, and just like Hibs win or lose I will be back at the next game.

Support the team sack Levein

First Team Breakthrough goosefat's Avatar
    Internationals - Nonsense football.

Lets scrap the national team, sell Hampdump to Tesco and split the money between all Scottish league clubs.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It's a long time since I've been to a Scotland game, think it would be back in about 90/91, and now I'm very much an armchair Scotland fan, and quite enjoy meeting up with friends to watch the games in the pub with a few beers. Some of my friends are regulars who travel the world with the team, and probably one reason I don't go is that I fear that like them, I may become hooked on what is a different supporter experience to following Hibs. That and the fact that Levein is a clown.

@hibs.net private member JoeTortolanoFanClub's Avatar
    It could be worse...just think about what lies in store for me tomorrow where I am !

@hibs.net private member
    I just don't get it. The team is managed by a Hibbie hater and full of English and Celtic players so why would we support them? I'm no a international football fan as I have no infinity with it. So for me this is a big interruption to my football calendar

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I just don't get it. The team is managed by a Hibbie hater and full of English and Celtic players so why would we support them? I'm no a international football fan as I have no infinity with it. So for me this is a big interruption to my football calendar
    Is there no limit to the kicking of the national side?

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Some of my friends are regulars who travel the world with the team, and probably one reason I don't go is that I fear that like them, I may become hooked on what is a different supporter experience to following Hibs.
    That has happened to me to a certain extent although as alluded to elsewhere on the thread its possible to enjoy both.