hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is not supporting Craig levein not supporting Scotland

I need to know to settle a argument

2. Log in to remove the advert

And that was meant to be not supporting Scotland

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    No. I support Scotland because I am Scottish. I do not support Levein because I do not like Half-witted specky yam fuds.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Levein is an arrogant bullying arse. Supporting him would be a disservice to your country.

@hibs.net private member
    The man is a complete erse ... Continually contradicts his owns decisions

He has sapped the passion I used to have for the national team

That's What I think . A total yam rat if he won the world cup I would still hate him

No, I don't think so. There are many Scotland supporters who do not like Levein (for reasons other than the Hearts connection) yet still get behind the team and want them to do well. I think you can still support Scotland without necessarily liking or agreeing with the choice of manager and his decisions.

However now and again you see comments from people wishing that Scotland would lose so that it reflects badly on Levein/will lead to him getting sacked etc. Don't agree with this at all - as much as I don't like Levein or how he has handled some situations, I will always want Scotland to win every single game, and if by some miracle Levein manages to guide the team to Rio, then I'll be happy.

Can't understand how any Scotland supporter would want the team to lose just to get rid of Levein.

SUPPORT THE TEAM SACK LEVEIN

for the first time in my life i feel indifferent to the national team and its down to the razor dodging tramp that has somehow found himself promoted beyond his abilities to the team manager...im sure at kick off i'll be urging the team on but at the moment im a bit numb when i think of catweezles team...im sad that it has come to this but i feel that he has let the nation down on so many levels and i find it difficult to give this oaf my support.

I am proud to be Scottish but hate the national football team. I hate the cringey Tartan Army, the*English born players, the SFA and Craig Levein.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Sadly I have little interest in the National team now. I would rather Hibs were at home on Sat .

I like to see Scotland win but it doesn't bother me too much if they lose, certainly not in the way that I feel when Hibs lose. In fact, every time there's an international break, I see it as an inconvenience because it means Hibs aren't playing.

However any passion that I did have for the national team has been sucked right out of me over the past couple of years since Levein was appointed.

Cannot stand him and the sooner he vacates his post, the better for all concerned.

To answer your question, not liking Levein is completely different from how you feel about the national team.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    What's the crack with Potters new glasses. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...etcher-1304543

I have been very disappointed in Levein as I genuinely thought he'd do well for us (I know, I know - yes, I have watched his teams before!). The thing is, I don't know who else we would get as manager that could be sure of improving things. Because of this, much as I amn't happy with him, I certainly don't want us to lose the next two games in the hope he gets the elbow. Who would want to take over for a dead duck campaign? Hell, that's me depressed now!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly I have little interest in the National team now. I would rather Hibs were at home on Sat .

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    Don't think it is. I know a few boys that go to scotland games home and away. And not one of them rates harry potter as a manager.
    I'd support the team in spite of him rather than not support the team because of him.
    I mean I still mind alex miller...................

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Been to about 10 Scotland games in my puff. First one in 1980, last one in 2011.
    Get excited like a lot of folks watching them in the pub or as an armchair fan.

Support them though? Nah. Find the Tartan Army to be a bunch of self-righteous and self-aggrandising piss artists like John 'Easter Road Never Again' fi Argyle (see previous TA thread thing), busy plotting ridiculous adventures abroad while failing to get behind their local league side, without whom they'd never have had a national side to follow in the first place.

The English wet themselves laughing at our national side and things like Ian Black / Lee Wallace / Steven Fletcher / Andy Driver / David Goodwillie situations make it easy to see why.

Nice if they make Brazil, preferably under a different manager. But they will be ***** no matter what. And have been since 1928.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    me three.

The national set up is a complete farce. Couldnt give a toss about leveins scotland, much the same a craig broons, the jerry guy etc etc.

specky mcspecky - disaster :giruy::giruy:

Hate international breaks - no Hibs and the weekends are gash:fenlon:fenlon

:jmcp:

First Team Breakthrough goosefat's Avatar
    I think this is maybe a sign of the times.

I'm not sure why, but it seems like 15-20 years ago people felt that international football really meant something. These days it just seems like a distraction, and not a particularly exiting one, from the real thing - club football.

I am a Scotland supporter but I do find it really hard to get anywhere remotely as enthusiastic about the national team, whoever is in charge, as I do about Hibs. And lets face it, the majority of international football (outside of the top 10 or so ranked teams) is pretty poor and can be eye bleeding to watch at times.

Take a fans poll and I suspect the majority would take their club over Country every time. Personally, I will be glad to get back to ER next week for the 3 points against Kilmarnock, by which time the international side show will have probably been forgotten by most of us.
    Last edited by goosefat; 05-09-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    What's the crack with Potters new glasses. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...etcher-1304543

When did Roy "the big O" Orbison get the Ecosse job?

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Used 2 follow scotland home and away for many years. Cant even bare to watch them now while that specky jakey cant is in charge !!!

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Most of us don't like him due to him being a yam and the Steven Fletcher situation.

I can see past his yamness and i think Steven Fletcher has been a complete erse and does not deserve to be in the team.

Mon Scotland

Have been at a good few Scotland games over the past sixty odd years and can honestly say the manager who ever he was , was never a matter of discussion amongst my mates and myself.
    For me the arguments for and against the appointment of a manager started with Bertie Volks.
    The fact that HP/CL has Jambo connections is neither here nor there as far as I am concerned .
    It's his attitude and lack of ability that turns me off
    I have always wanted to see Scotland win but now we have this man managing to create a feeling of negativity with his tactics and team selections I really am not fussed.

I have no interest in the national team while he is in charge. He is an utter embarassment with his defensive set ups, biased selections, inconsistant policies, childlike behavior and utter inability to take critisism. When he goes i will care again.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    The guy doesn't have the slightest idea what he's doing and is a complete hypocrite. I always want Scotland to win but I'm finding it more and more difficult to give a ****.

Bring back Walter Smith.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    I have no interest in the national team while he is in charge. He is an utter embarassment with his defensive set ups, biased selections, inconsistant policies, childlike behavior and utter inability to take critisism. When he goes i will care again.

I'd never wish Scotland tae lose but I've lost all interest with that prick in charge. Everything about him is a total embarrassment tae Scottish fitba. I wouldnae even watch it on the TV now (That game against the Czech Republic was the last) let alone bother going tae a game.

First Team Breakthrough TomoHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tamsen94
    still supporting the nation

For Craig Levein :fenlon:giruy:

No ... You dont have to love Craig Levein to still be a true Scotland supporter, course not.

Tell ya what though ..... theres a lot of bollocks posted on here regarding the Scotland v Hibs debate. As far as I'm concerned its a bit like saying you love your mum more than your dad.

If you are a football fan and Scottish that makes you a Scotland supporter. I'm 52 now and I swear that when I was growing up such an argument wouldnt have made any sense to anybody I knew. You supported Scotland no matter what club you supported ... there was no need for a club v country argument, and there still isnt.

Hibs forever

Scotland forever

Its not bloody rocket science FFS !!!

No-one is bigger than Hibs, and no-one is bigger than Scotland, least of all that absolute toley Craig Levein. I will always support Scotland when they are playing fitba, go to the pub to watch etc, but for the build up and (inevitable) let down, I couldn't care less. That couldn't be said a few years ago, and that is down to Craig Levein. The joy in seeing Scotland remains, but the passion that made me care when Scotland lost has gone - temporarily at least.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris.igoe View Post
    I need to know to settle a argument
    No not at all - if Rod was to tempt Levein away from the Scotland job with a massive salary and transfer kitty would you stop supporting the Hibs? (assuming you didn't die of shock first)