hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not run very well!

Basically I ordered a home top in a size large, it didn't fit!!! I sent it back, was told they were waiting for XL coming in the next few days, 2 months later................

Hi Keith
    We apologise for your wait and any inconvenience caused by our belated reply, we have looked in to the situation and have uncovered that the reason you have yet to receive your shirt is due to the fact we have not received any more XL home or away shirts back in from puma. We received and have, home shirts up to a size large but no bigger. Due to this issue we can either refund you the shirt* and postage or send you the original home shirt back with refunded postage. We will not be getting any larger sizes back in stock so there is unfortunately not an option to hold off until we receive any larger sizes.
    We again apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    Kind regards
    Supporter services

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    4 games into a new season and you cant buy a Hibs top, scandalous bloody scandalous.

I was told after the Hearts game, i would not be able to get a XXL, none were being ordered after the original batch had sold out.

What the hell is going on at that shop?

Biggest concern is that they are not getting any larger sizes back in, regardless of the demand?

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Maybe you fatties should go on a diet.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

First Team Breakthrough
    This happens every year maybe not so early in the season surely hibs should see this as a problem and should try and fix it.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    What about us athletic types that require the extra large for our bulging muscles

ggtth

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Sounds like this is all down to cost cutting, once their gone their gone type thing. Hibs not keen to order more from Puma in case they end up with a surplus they can't shift??

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    In all seriousness, it's a ridiculous situation. Maybe if the deal was direct with Puma rather than through an agency there wouldn't be an issue?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    In all seriousness, it's a ridiculous situation. Maybe if the deal was direct with Puma rather than through an agency there wouldn't be an issue?

Can Hibs shirts not be bought from football nation i think it's called on lothian rd?? Might have an XL shirt there?

It is pathetic at this stage of the season, the kind of thing you expect to happen in May, not September. Do the club not want people to buy merchandise? Their marketing and customer relations really aren't good enough IMO.

@hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    agree this is a farce and things like this make me more disillusioned.

Surely we could have agreed a deal that if demand was high Puma would make more shorts, even if was an extra hundred or so then more if demand dictated.
    They would make more £ we would make more £ seems common sense. Understand not over ordering but must be middle ground.

Someone at club should be accountable!

Absolutely ridiculous. But par for the course unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member
    I would imagine it would be very difficult to gauge the demand for strips. They wont even know if people like it before they have to order. All they will have to go by is last years sales. Then they have to work out how many of each size. Given the tight finances i would imagine heads would roll if they were aving to aell them off for a fiver at the end if the season.
    Methinks the fattys should buy a large and make it their goal to be wearing it by christmas. :-P what better incentive is there?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Was it last year they were selling the tops for a tenner (or was it £20) in January if you bought them with a new signings name on the back (I got Palsson...). You'd imagine that, as much as it was a decent PR exercise, they were trying to shift the surplus of strips they had in stock. The club dont want to be lumbered with loads of stock that they have to heavily discount just to get rid of.

That said, there should be a happy medium between having too much stock and having none available. It shouldnt be that difficult to administer some kind of agreement with Puma, it suits them as well.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    4 games into a new season and you cant buy a Hibs top, scandalous bloody scandalous.

I was told after the Hearts game, i would not be able to get a XXL, none were being ordered after the original batch had sold out.

What the hell is going on at that shop?

I bought two XL home tops for me and my son even though i don't ware my top, both tops had XL tags on them but when i laid one on top of the other it was quite clear that one top was smaller than the other, tried them on and one was bigger than the other, took them back to the shop and explained and showed the guy in the shop the difference in size between the two tops and i asked if i could get a larger top for my son, , there was no larger tops in the shop so there was nothing they could do right there so i asked when they would be getting more tops in, they said they didn't think anymore tops would be ordered, so i moaned about the different size of tops and said it looks like the wrong size tags have been sewn on to the tops and showed the tops to the guy and the size difference and he had to agree with me that one top was bigger than the other, but he said there was nothing he could do as the tops had XL tags on them, , i moaned a bit more but knew i wasn't getting anywhere so just picked up the tops and told them to forget about it, after all i am only a supporter who buys season ticket books and dodgy merchandise from the club shop.

The Board asking/begging folk to come back and support the team and help the managers budget by buying a ST, but forget to add, but sorry you won't be able to buy a football top from our shop as we have none in stock and don't intend to get anymore back in even though it seems there is a demand for them by the XL XXL Hibs fans, five games in to the season and the shop has run out of tops and the team are doing good in the league and maybe just maybe we may get some more extra fans through the gate if we keep our good league record going, but forget about getting a top from the shop if you are slightly over weight.

This really is a f***ing joke so it is, a chance to make money by the club from the sale of tops and they don't intend to get anymore in, bet you that this kind of crap doesn't happen at Farmers Autocares, bet you they don't run out of tyres and tell the customer they won't be getting any more tyres in of that size until the new ones come out next year, the tyre would be there or ordered straight away for the customer, why do Hibs fans not get the same kind of customer service that he gives to all his other buisnesses.

Sorry. Rant Over.

I think after all the controversy with McDonalds, Coca-cola etc sponsoring the olympics, Hibs should be praised for clearly trying to promote a healthy lifestyle.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Has nobody at a focus group asked this question ? What is the minimum order ? Why take the p**s more by releasing a ltd edition 3rd shirt when home and away seem to be limited ? Why is there no high end limited items available ? The stock in the shop is poor, someone with a bit of vision could easily triple the turnover with some decent classic stock and enough stock of current shirts.
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Also everyone keeps saying 5games into the season but this was an issue before the season kicked off, I have 2 xl shirts that are way to snug so not even worn with no option to swap them
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

I'll buy one off you😄

Ah would buy one but they dinnae dae them in "bell-tent" size to fit me as I am what you would call a fat b*****d. Anyway, I think it is the duty of all Hibs supporters to get as fat as they can so that when the tv cameras go on the crowd it looks like there are more of us.

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    Looks like i will have to get mine from the shop on lothian road then. 8 weeks i have been waiting for one from the hibs shop and still **** all doing. Dont they want to make money, advertise the team, keep us (the supporters) happy. I mean whats the bloody point in bringing out a cracking kit and then refusing to stock them in the club shop?

maybe its a job for...... to get to the bottom of this fiasco.

love how people assume you are a fatty if you need an XXL, im 6ft 6 and have trouble with the tops as to get the length its like a tent at the bottom and still not really long enough, they just get wider not longer

Quote Originally Posted by scott7_0(Prague) View Post
    That's crazy, they've got much better choice than Hibs' official online shop.

You can even buy a scarf on there, which you couldn't get (last time I looked) from Hibs online

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    Quote Originally Posted by DAG013 View Post
    love how people assume you are a fatty if you need an XXL, im 6ft 6 and have trouble with the tops as to get the length its like a tent at the bottom and still not really long enough, they just get wider not longer
    this has not gone unnoticed by a few of the taller Hibees. wider but not longer.

maybe they are made using the dundonian template?

First Team Breakthrough SmokieJoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pampdahoosmoose View Post
    Basically I ordered a home top in a size large, it didn't fit!!! I sent it back, was told they were waiting for XL coming in the next few days, 2 months later................

Hi Keith
    We apologise for your wait and any inconvenience caused by our belated reply, we have looked in to the situation and have uncovered that the reason you have yet to receive your shirt is due to the fact we have not received any more XL home or away shirts back in from puma. We received and have, home shirts up to a size large but no bigger. Due to this issue we can either refund you the shirt* and postage or send you the original home shirt back with refunded postage. We will not be getting any larger sizes back in stock so there is unfortunately not an option to hold off until we receive any larger sizes.
    We again apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    Kind regards
    Supporter services
    This is absolutely bonkers, read something similar on .net regarding scarves via the website and instore. I'm not RP bashing, but we have been asked to pull together so the club benefits financially, and yet they have no XL/XXL tops and scarves in stock? someone needs be sorted out for this, if its puma that the issue lies with, RP should step in demanding loss of revinue....if the issue lies at ER or someone in the clubshop, then that needs to be addressed..... basic buisness ethos is required, if its in stock you can sell it, if its not in stock its an oppertunity missed....

Quote Originally Posted by DAG013 View Post
    Well said, i cant help being 5ft 9.

Pretty much the opposite problem for the ladies. I was wanting to get the home shirt in a size 8 but there are only 14s and 16s left. Was going to email them asking if they would be getting any more in, but after reading this it looks like that won't be an option!

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    maybe a solution is to put your name down for this -

http://www.spl-ffit.co.uk/

I highly recommend anyone to take part - basically changed my life for the better and I can buy a top from Hibs that fits.....(if I wanted to!!)