hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bedwetting

Bedwetting

I did not travel to the QoS game, so was not able to see how poor we were! However, I felt the bedwetting after the game and negativity around it was way over the top. Yes, it was a bad result, but it is not the end of the world.

My son, who was at the game, said in his view we have 9 or 10 good players, but not much else. Take three or four of them out of our team and we are poor. I share that view. Our first eleven is good enough for the top six. Yes, we should have got more players in yesterday, and I am sure we will in the next days. It is time to get behind the team and trust Fenlon. He has got rid of most of the poor players and those that he has got in are much better than those that left.

Theonlywayisup............

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did not travel to the QoS game, so was not able to see how poor we were! However, I felt the bedwetting after the game and negativity around it was way over the top. Yes, it was a bad result, but it is not the end of the world.

My son, who was at the game, said in his view we have 9 or 10 good players, but not much else. Take three or four of them out of our team and we are poor. I share that view. Our first eleven is good enough for the top six. Yes, we should have got more players in yesterday, and I am sure we will in the next days. It is time to get behind the team and trust Fenlon. He has got rid of most of the poor players and those that he has got in are much better than those that left.

The day i dont get utterly pissed off with a defeat from a 3rd division team, will be the day i give up watching Hibs. Stick yer bedwetting up yer erse.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    The day i dont get utterly pissed off with a defeat from a 3rd division team, will be the day i give up watching Hibs. Stick yer bedwetting up yer erse.
    Everyone was pissed off. Its this campaign by certain posters to stick the knife into Fenlon at every single opportunity that gets on my nerves.

The team is much better this season and the additions Fenlon has made have made a massive difference to the team mentality.

@hibs.net private member
    I was really disappointed after we got knocked out the cup by QOS on Tuesday, however there seems to be an over the top reaction to every defeat on here. The fact of the matter is that we are not going to stay joint top because PF is still trying to build a squad and it is not strong enough yet, however we are most definitely moving in the right direction. I'm sure we'll be in with a chance of finishing top 6. A vast improvement on last season.

A decent result at parkhead and you decide to start a thread slagging off other supporters? Great timing that, let's not enjoy a wee feel good moment.
    The result at QOTS was a disaster. Maybe we would have done a bit transfer business before the deadline if we hadn't kissed the potential cup revenue goodbye. Bedwetters? Give it a rest.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Was the result in midweek bad? Yes.

Was today's result good? Yes.

Do some people totally over-react on here when there's a good win / bad defeat? Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Everyone was pissed off. Its this campaign by certain posters to stick the knife into Fenlon at every single opportunity that gets on my nerves.

The team is much better this season and the additions Fenlon has made have made a massive difference to the team mentality.
    work in progress! It is going to be a long and sometimes painful return to where we have been, which in reality was not that great! Let's work together to build a better future and get behind the team.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    A decent result at parkhead and you decide to start a thread slagging off other supporters? Great timing that, let's not enjoy a wee feel good moment.
    The result at QOTS was a disaster. Maybe we would have done a bit transfer business before the deadline if we hadn't kissed the potential cup revenue goodbye. Bedwetters? Give it a rest.
    Spot on!

The OP is surely a wind-up.

Why dont you come out and name names instead of being vague about it. Northerhibee was at it last week about Hibs fans being happy we lost, and you are at it with this.

I believe we have made progress this season, i'm still to be convinced it will last but thats probably because we keep being kicked in the baws like Tuesday.

Had it been a freak result then I could understand if you felt it was bedwetting.
    However it came after three horrible seasons watching Hibs and appeared to be entirely self inflicted by the manager thinking we are Barca and resting players(it's still august ffs) for league games.
    Hibs fans have every right to be pee'd off and it shows in the missing 3000 fans at home games these days.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Was the result in midweek bad? Yes.

Was today's result good? Yes.

Do some people totally over-react on here when there's a good win / bad defeat? Absolutely

far too many dramaqueens.(though i suppose if you stay in blackpool,it's gonna happen )

Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post

far too many dramaqueens.(though i suppose if you stay in blackpool,it's gonna happen )
    Now thats funny, a little surprised you know about all that?

Left by mutual consent!
    The seasons going to have ups and downs, its how we deal with the downs that will determine how we get on. We've dealt with the massive down from tuesday well today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Had it been a freak result then I could understand if you felt it was bedwetting.
    However it came after three horrible seasons watching Hibs and appeared to be entirely self inflicted by the manager thinking we are Barca and resting players(it's still august ffs) for league games.
    Hibs fans have every right to be pee'd off and it shows in the missing 3000 fans at home games these days.
    I think part of what the OP is referring to is needless hyperbole like the bold above rather than plain expressions of disappointment.

Why dont you come out and name names instead of being vague about it. Northerhibee was at it last week about Hibs fans being happy we lost, and you are at it with this.

I believe we have made progress this season, i'm still to be convinced it will last but thats probably because we keep being kicked in the baws like Tuesday.
    Actually, I have named a name before. He's actually been on this thread already to bash the manager, which comes as absolutely no surprise.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unbelievable!

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Todays result does not change the fact that Tuesdays defeat was a major disappointment. Our new look , supposedly tougher side should have been expected to get a result down there even if Queens are an improved team. We should not get carried away with todays exellent result either, Calderwoods mediocre outfit managed the same last season.

I don't think it is "bedwetting" or overreacting at all to be honest.

Losing to a 2nd division side is unacceptable even if we did have a few players missing.

It's not a one off either as we have been getting these kind of results for several years now.

However as much as last Tuesday's result was shocking, today's result was outstanding and the players have to be commended for getting that result and putting on a very good second half display.

Our squad is not good enough at the moment to be able to chop and change from game to game. It would seem that we have a fairly solid starting XI now that is at least competitive, however we have zero depth just now and any injuries or suspensions will see us struggle quite badly, as the game at Palmerston proved.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    It's posts like this that keeps me away from Hibs.net

Totally pointless but wanting to slack off others who my have a different opinion....

Get a life FFS

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I don't think it is "bedwetting" or overreacting at all to be honest.

Losing to a 2nd division side is unacceptable even if we did have a few players missing.

It's not a one off either as we have been getting these kind of results for several years now.

However as much as last Tuesday's result was shocking, today's result was outstanding and the players have to be commended for getting that result and putting on a very good second half display.

Our squad is not good enough at the moment to be able to chop and change from game to game. It would seem that we have a fairly solid starting XI now that is at least competitive, however we have zero depth just now and any injuries or suspensions will see us struggle quite badly, as the game at Palmerston proved.

This is a realistic assessment of our position.

If, as some are suggesting, Pat is able to bring in a few more out-of-contract players in the next few days, that position will be improved appreciably.

But right now we have a decent first XI, but only 3 or 4 genuinely adequate substitutes. This has to be dealt with now, especially as Griffiths, Claros, and McGivern could well be gone after Christmas.

I can see where Wothersponiesta is comming from. All I would say BH is I know you say your not convinced that it will last but surly all you can judge it on is the results and progress so far this season? Which in my opinion is a massive step in the right direction. Admittidly being a Hibs fan I dont blame anyone for being scepticle, as during the week showed us. I do however think that in the grand scheme of things midweek might have been exactly the wakeup call this squad needed, yeah progress has been made but thats exactly the kick in the stanes to remind you of where we have been as a club the last few years and hope it gives the players and staff the kick up the arse we need to reinforce a good start in the league cannot be taken for granted.

Anyway back to my 7th Carlsberg of today.

Actually, I have named a name before. He's actually been on this thread already to bash the manager, which comes as absolutely no surprise.
    See my post to BH above........however Sponny is still no good enough , wouldnt be a thread where I agree with you and not voice my opinion on DW would it

The reaction to Tuesday was justified. A lot of folk were angry and rightly so.

A good result today has only gone to prove that we could and should have been in the draw for the next round of the cup, if we had put out our strongest ' available ' team.

Today has got us back on track, which is good. But it does not excuse Tuesday's cock up.

Theres a lot of confusion between bedwetters, doom n gloomers (d&g's) and happy clappers. Throw in the 'prawn sandwich munchers' and theres a lot of room for mistakes in fan labelling.

i think we need a tutorial.

My bed smells like I've wet it but really I just misplaced a prawn sandwich. That and I've been happy clapping myself...

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Theres a lot of confusion between bedwetters, doom n gloomers (d&g's) and happy clappers. Throw in the 'prawn sandwich munchers' and theres a lot of room for mistakes in fan labelling.

i think we need a tutorial.
    But what if its a brigade and not solitary munchers? Does that change everything?

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I can see where Wothersponiesta is comming from. All I would say BH is I know you say your not convinced that it will last but surly all you can judge it on is the results and progress so far this season? Which in my opinion is a massive step in the right direction. Admittidly being a Hibs fan I dont blame anyone for being scepticle, as during the week showed us. I do however think that in the grand scheme of things midweek might have been exactly the wakeup call this squad needed, yeah progress has been made but thats exactly the kick in the stanes to remind you of where we have been as a club the last few years and hope it gives the players and staff the kick up the arse we need to reinforce a good start in the league cannot be taken for granted.

Anyway back to my 7th Carlsberg of today.
    As you say winning games or not losing games like today will go a long way to changing everyones opinion on where we are right now. Tuesday was the reason i'm still to be convinced, results like that have to be eradicated, and must never be accepted as 'one of those things'.

I have to disagree, i have had too many kicks in the stanes over the years, just dont let them happen will suffice, and i and others will enjoy the good start we have had in the league. Professional players with the right character should not need reminders on how to play against teams from the 3rd tier of Scottish football in my opinion.

More of the same please Hibs, and we wont have criticism like we have had.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Och, I'm glad to be right BH. Those who were predicting on Tuesday night that we were going to be relegated this season are very quiet tonight.

Here's my prediction for the season: we'll have a dip in form mid season when tiredness and players carrying knocks becomes a factor, but we'll see a big improvement in results and enjoy at least a top six finish this year.

As for the Celtic game, I'll enjoy the result without adding "buts" or "ifs" and be happy for a bit of good Hibs related news. That's how I enjoy life, making the most of good times without adding conditions or clauses. Bad times will always happen, results like today, the good showing against Hearts, the wins against St Johnstone and St Mirren, I've enjoyed them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Gorman View Post
    My bed smells like I've wet it but really I just misplaced a prawn sandwich. That and I've been happy clapping myself...
    Theres also different DEGREES of bedwetters. From the little wet spot on the front of the hibby jimjams to those skinny dipping in a literal lake of weewee.