hibs.net Messageboard

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1425
    So we only got in one guy, a defender, on loan? Fenlon said three bodies, not too happy. Crying out for some width in that team, crying out!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oranje39 Wii Code: 0437 4985 6923 2377
    I'm actually quite happy with the dealings so far, we got rid of a LOT of deadwood (except Kubaji) and have brought in players of better quality that left. I'm glad we didn't just bring in players for the sake of it as we have done so in the past.

We will have a difficult game today, a solid performance and we move on. Tuesday night was a setback but we should not forget the progress made in the three games previous. I am no where near a happy clapper but lets get behind the players that are here! GGTTH!

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I got chucked oot of ma own thread last night.....in fact, this blasted website is the only thing that's went down on me lately. Furious. Absolutely furious.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No pal, its a 'beautiful day' here in sunny pool, and to be honest ' i can make it' but cant be bothered.

'The circus' called Hibs used to be 'all that matters to me' but i'm struggling to 'hold on' and i 'hate it'.

I will be back, 'back for good' but just now 'i'm holding back the tears' and i ask myself 'how did it come to this'?
    I'm trying to chart your progress, just not sure how many more hits I can take!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I got chucked oot of ma own thread last night.....in fact, this blasted website is the only thing that's went down on me lately. Furious. Absolutely furious.
    Inflatable doll owners ken whats gawn oan!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Wot nae self falatio??

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I'm trying to chart your progress, just not sure how many more hits I can take!
    'Dont say goodbye' 'Hold on' and have a little 'Patience', we have to 'Stay together' and be 'Happy now', or what was to point of staying ' up all night' seeing if we'd signed 'nobody else'. Thats it 'i'm out'

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Inflatable doll owners ken whats gawn oan!
    Nah I dumped mines last week. Had to let her down gently, poor lass is absolutely deflated to be honest........
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

If u ask her nicely you might get a xxxx job!

Quote Originally Posted by Oranje39 View Post
    I'm actually quite happy with the dealings so far, we got rid of a LOT of deadwood (except Kubaji) and have brought in players of better quality that left.

I'm glad we didn't just bring in players for the sake of it as we have done so in the past.
    Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!! There's that daft argument again.

Like who, for example?

Name three of the Hibs signings in the last five seasons that you know for a fact, either the club or the Manager at the time brought in "just for the sake of it".

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!! There's that daft argument again.

Like who, for example?

Name three of the Hibs signings in the last five seasons that you know for a fact, either the club or the Manager at the time brought in "just for the sake of it".
    One that spring to mind was Trakys, that was a panic signing because he couldn't get anyone else if ever I've seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    One that spring to mind was Trakys, that was a panic signing because he couldn't get anyone else if ever I've seen one.
    Hughes was certainly left scraping the bottom of the barrel where Trakys was concerned. But I have no doubt that his decision to sign the player was based on the assertion that he could fulfil a role in the team.

He was a poor signing from an admittedly limited choice at the time.

But I don't think Hughes ever said to himself, "Ach, I need to fill a first-team shirt, so any male footballer with a pulse will do. Ah, here's one! Only 31 clubs on his CV so far - he'll do nicely!"

Trakys was not brought in "just for the sake of it". He was a poor signing because we were left at the tail end of the window with limited options and in the final analysis the Manager at the time made the wrong decision. We probably should have gone for one of the other free agents available at the stage (I recall a Dutch striker was also under consideration).
    Last edited by BEEJ; 01-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oranje39 Wii Code: 0437 4985 6923 2377
    What I'm saying, there is people who are moaning that not enough has come in but would they have preferred that more players were brought in of less quality? In the last few transfer windows we have brought in far to many wage thieves, again I'm more than happy with Pats dealings this transfer window.

@hibs.net private member
    Dundee have signed Albert Kidd who was a free agent ahead of their game against the yams

Quote Originally Posted by Oranje39 View Post
    What I'm saying, there is people who are moaning that not enough has come in but would they have preferred that more players were brought in of less quality?

In the last few transfer windows we have brought in far to many wage thieves, again I'm more than happy with Pats dealings this transfer window.
    That question is based on the assumption that there are only those two alternatives. Not so.

And the 'wage thieves' brought in over successive seasons have not been acquired:

• simply to make up the numbers; or
    • purely to please a sulking Hibs support, or
    • for the prime purpose of keeping up the body count in the ER dressing room.

They've just been poor signings, brought in for a specific role in the team which they were subsequently unable to fulfil to the necessary standard.