hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar

The Official Hibernian F.C. Transfer Deadline Day Thread ~ Version 2.0 (In 1, Out 5)

Hello, hi and hello.

It's that time again; following on from the orgasmic Transfer Deadline Day of 31st January, we're now on the precipice of the summer window where we can all collectively rip the heid aff it as we plunder the bargain basement for diminutive African full-backs, LOI rejects and Hondurans with bullet wounds.

I will be stationed at home armed with Sky Sports News, Twitter, Facebook, my trusty mobile, BBC Sport and several of your more established gentlemans websites.

Supplies update - A tub of Pringles, 2 litres of Irn-Bru, McCoys and Quavers, ingredients for a plethora of toasties and for the first time ever on a Transfer Deadline Day, beer! Beer in the shape of Stella Artois and Budweiser and also champagne in the fridge should we sign Paddy McCourt.

We will rely on some solid, amusing contributions from Nonshinyfinish as well as regular updates from Scoopyboy, Brooster, Silverhibee and our own Deadline Day Hero bigmo. Look out for duplicate posts from TQM, season ticket threats from Mikey and self-hatred from FalkirkHibby.

All in all, it promises to be another belter.

So upwards and onwards to tomorrow, Transfer Deadline Day. Or Friday if you're a Hearts fan.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    YAAS!! Like I just posted on Facebook, it's like Christmas eve, but jim White is Santa.

Unfortunately I'm working till 4.30, but will have 6 hours of SSN, twitter feeds, Hibs.net, and maybe sportsound if they're doing a special.

First Team Breakthrough Hibbylad86's Avatar
    Here we go! All summer I have been waiting for Pedantic's deadline day musings. Can we beat the January window thread? I hope so, there is room in vault for this felly!

Christmas comes but twice a year and tomorrow's one of them.

Can't believe you've only got one tub of Pringles. You might want to get another tub when you nip out for more fags after getting through your first 60.

Thank god it's no Friday 13th

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    What's the weather like at East Mains?

Am I doing this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Can't believe you've only got one tub of Pringles. You might want to get another tub when you nip out for more fags after getting through your first 60.
    I tore through a whole tube last Friday night while playing Poker, then discovered that each tube is about 1,000 calories...

We want PD to last till midnight don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Or Friday if you're a Hearts fan.
    Could be Black Friday. Vlad might fancy cashing in on these two mutants.............

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/r...vid-templeton/

This'll keep us amused tomorrow.

I'm pumped and considering a sickie for tomorrow.

My wife thinks we are going out for a few drinks tomorrow night while her mum looks after the kids. I have just told her its maybe fairer to let her mum go home early and even gained browny points (which i am going to need) Now I need to find a way of introducing SSN, IPad and the radio into the evening.....

I may not sleep tonight..

I think we should all find a room with subdued lighting and to chill with an extra cold whatsit.

Back room of Tamson's from six.
    Space to let

A little bit of housekeeping. Shamelessly pinched from Callum's post on the PM Board .................

Just to confirm -

Scottish deadline is midnight, SPL closing their window an hour earlier at 11pm. Players need to be registered by 5pm to play this weekend.
    Might as well do some housekeeping tonight as I'll be doing **** all tomorrow. If I get out of this seat it'll be to empty my colostomy bag. I may solve that problem by replacing it with a bin bag.

I have a humungous box of Thorntons, 6 bottles of Champagne, several bottles of Prosecco, a bag of dolly mixtures....

And one very cold bottle of Midnight Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post

And one very cold bottle of Midnight Sun
    You need to be having that at room temperature

I've still got two here

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Having to explain to my mates that I cannot possibly go out tomorrow night because Hibs MIGHT be signing someone, and that I wish to discuss this with my fellow Hibs fans on .net whilst occasionally glancing at my TV screen and getting slightly aroused over a middle-aged man shouting out deadline day clichés.

They didn't enquire any more, so I think they accept my reasons

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Hello, hi and hello.

It's that time again; following on from the orgasmic Transfer Deadline Day of 31st January, we're now on the precipice of the summer window where we can all collectively rip the heid aff it as we plunder the bargain basement for diminutive African full-backs, LOI rejects and Hondurans with bullet wounds.

I will be stationed at home armed with Sky Sports News, Twitter, Facebook, my trusty mobile, BBC Sport and several of your more established gentlemans websites.

Supplies update - A tub of Pringles, 2 litres of Irn-Bru, McCoys and Quavers, ingredients for a plethora of toasties and for the first time ever on a Transfer Deadline Day, beer! Beer in the shape of Stella Artois and Budweiser and also champagne in the fridge should we sign Paddy McCourt.

We will rely on some solid, amusing contributions from Nonshinyfinish as well as regular updates from Scoopyboy, Brooster, Silverhibee and our own Deadline Day Hero bigmo. Look out for duplicate posts from TQM, season ticket threats from Mikey and self-hatred from FalkirkHibby.

All in all, it promises to be another belter.

So upwards and onwards to tomorrow, Transfer Deadline Day. Or Friday if you're a Hearts fan.
    Ahhhhh - the world makes sense again - PH TDD thread is back

Has the bevvy of beauties that are usually lined up to chuckle at Jims orgasmic utterances been announced yet?

Its always good to have something else on screen to keep you occupied on the rare occasions when SSN has nothing to announce. I do realise these occasions are rarer than someone finding a lettuce in that fat jambo bint with the get vlad out banners fridge.

First Team Breakthrough muzzhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: muzz-a-bear
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    Having to explain to my mates that I cannot possibly go out tomorrow night because Hibs MIGHT be signing someone, and that I wish to discuss this with my fellow Hibs fans on .net whilst occasionally glancing at my TV screen and getting slightly aroused over a middle-aged man shouting out deadline day clichés.

They didn't enquire any more, so I think they accept my reasons
    they arent your friends if they dont understand. no man should have to expain to another man the importance of transfer deadline day

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Look out for duplicate posts from TQM
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

My mum booked me a haircut tomorrow afternoon. What the **** was she playing at? I would continue the trend of saying this is one day when you tell everyone to piss off and leave you alone, but it would be no different to any other day in my world. Bring on a signing!

I've just seen an 85 Mercedes 250SL park outside Easter Road, anyone know if we're trialling a German ?

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    My mum booked me a haircut tomorrow afternoon. What the **** was she playing at? I would continue the trend of saying this is one day when you tell everyone to piss off and leave you alone, but it would be no different to any other day in my world. Bring on a signing!
    Have you tried telling her you're old enough to vote and also old enough to book your own haircuts?

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyNicky View Post
    Have you tried telling her you're old enough to vote and also old enough to book your own haircuts?

I'll do that when i leave home.......oops, a year late!

Update from Camp Petrie.

7:15pm :Mr Petrie has arrived home, parking his vehicle in the driveway, he reversed in this evening, normally he drives straight in.

7:23pm :Mr Petrie has changed into his pyjamas and housecoat, the usual cravat with the deep blue tones and flashes of ochre paisley is ever present.

7:45pm : Home Delivery in the form of Thai food has just arrived. ( in Thailand I believe they call it " food " ).

7:46pm : Mr Petrie has tipped the delivery guy 50p - he actually dropped it and closed the door in the young man's face as he bent down to pick it up for him. ( shouts of " git the plates in the oven, ye ken ah hate cold, spicy food" were heard also).

8:25pm : Silhouettes of Mr and Mrs Petrie can be seen in the upstairs room, what appears to be some form of Kama Sutra shadow-puppets game is being played - this is something I've never seen on Transfer Deadline Eve before, maybe we are signing a Hindu.

9:45pm : Sorry, lost 1 hour and 20 minutes there due to the ruckus at Chez Petrie, we contemplating calling Amnesty International at one point.

10:15pm: Nothing to report.

11:15pm: The phone rang but no raised voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    I may or may not be inside Easter Road tomorrow...
    Nice one. (PS make sure you bloody are) ;-)

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar

Wise words, Michael.

I completely forgot about my Gregg's order as well. There'll be an absolute feast of food and transfers in a few hours, I can guarantee it!
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post

I may be helping out tomorrow, if I am then it means we have a signing to announce and I'd be helping film the interview. If I'm not called in then the chances of us making a signing are slim. I can't guarantee if I'll post out of respect for the club though, but still I hope I am able to play a part in the deadline day at Easter Road or on the thread.
    Gid man!! I am sure you'll do us all proud . ;-)

PH, no fags included in your supplies?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Day off work...boy to school gym then back home for SSN iPad pc and radio nothing is getting by me today!

Fingers crossed Natalie sawyer is deadline jim's wing man this evening!

Michael Owen is up and about saying he has interest from 2 big European teams and hel see how today pans out so expect him to be signing for stoke within hours

Deadline day in Glasgow

Sustainance required here too......

So just headed out now to try to find some supplies for the day from Mr Gupta's boutique on the corner. It will require some military strategy to step over the jakies, battle with the alkies, avoid the gaggles (?) of overweight single mums (in their green and white hoops) intent on prowling the streets hopelessly trying to identify their kid's fathers. Avoiding the staggering union jacked individuals screaming "no surrendahhhh" in the faces of 80 year old women who are out taking their tartan shopping trollies for a walk, the known judas-huns kicking their dogs up and down the street hoping they can convince someone they have always supported Partick Thistle and......

Thats just to get to the end of my path....!!!

Keep me posted on developments guys please - its gonna be a lonnnnnng day here