hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonight

Tonight

Well here we go again why does Mr Fenlon think we are good enough to shuffle the pack FFS these players are not good enough beaten from a lower league team in the first round of the cup is disgraceful

In the papers Mr Fenlon yes we can win it " then pick a side that can"

David Witherspoon " yes we know the 3rd division teams are good'

am sorry but Fenlon s not for me .... i hope he proves me wrong

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Unacceptable

Can't beat a bit of doom and gloom on .net after one defeat

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    O'Hanlon, Kujabi, Booth and Kuqi should still be good enough to get the job done against Div 2 opposition. For some reason, it didn't work. I've seen it happen to better Hibs teams, and I'll see it happen to more. How good or bad we are isn't decided by a single, isolated result against any team. Maybe a couple of players thought they could just turn up tonight, and this could be used to beat a bit of consistancy into the players. There will be ***** getting kicked at EM this week.

We'll need to wait and see to look at this game in the context of the whole season to see what the issue was tonight.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    O'Hanlon, Kujabi, Booth and Kuqi should still be good enough to get the job done against Div 2 opposition. For some reason, it didn't work. I've seen it happen to better Hibs teams, and I'll see it happen to more. How good or bad we are isn't decided by a single, isolated result against any team. Maybe a couple of players thought they could just turn up tonight, and this could be used to beat a bit of consistancy into the players. There will be ***** getting kicked at EM this week.

We'll need to wait and see to look at this game in the context of the whole season to see what the issue was tonight.

Im not usually a moaner but for me this is the only cup we seem to have a chance of winning so why play a weakend team?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Kuqi seems to be getting talked about in the same breath as ohanlon and the likes at the moment, was he humpty today or something?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    Terrific, im so happy tonight.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    A League Cup game with 4 changes to Saturdays team with a massive SPL game on Saturday. I can fully understand his squad selection tonight. Let's not forgot though the determination shown in the last 3 league games.

Ggtth.

Its a fair point of view, is a defeat to QOS acceptable to you? We have been promised a summer of change and have been served up only a slight improvement in performance in the last three games. Not good enough.....

@hibs.net private member
    Long bus trip home. Dire. Booth, Kujabi and O'Hanlon should be binned in the morning. Kuqi looks months away from fitness.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by sbell1875 View Post
    A League Cup game with 4 changes to Saturdays team with a massive SPL game on Saturday. I can fully understand his squad selection tonight. Let's not forgot though the determination shown in the last 3 league games.

Ggtth.
    Saturday is NOT a massive game IMO - any points against Celtc are a bonus.

I would much rather we had rested players on Saturday.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

One game are you having a laugh First half on Saturday was awful Dundee Utd Awful hearts game a wee bit fight but they where crap we still could not beat them

I have been watching this crap for way to long WE deserve better our board have gave us the cheap options for too long i have seen some poor results over the years but come on what is it you can not see these players are not good enough OUR manager cannot see a player outside Ireland.

We have been short changed again oh I hope it gets better

Fenlon is not the Man for the Job (please Mr Fenlon prove me wrong)

Can tell some if comments on here are from people not at match!! Well I was and believe me, it was bad!! ohanlon, kujabi and booth utter rubbish and evidence of tonight kuqi looks a total huddy! Doyle done more in ten mins than kuqi the whole game, I just hope he had,an off night like rest of team, otherwise we better pray Doyle and griffiths stay fit!! An embarrassing performance all in all, even deegan and cairney were poor...

Try since that Sunday in March 2007 - probably the last time we truly turned up as a team - excepting the odd trip to Weegieland or once at the PBS.

Quote Originally Posted by sbell1875 View Post

Ggtth.
    I must be at different games or expect a higher standard

Laurie Riley Sitting next to me on Saturday Half time i quote " thats got to be the worst football i have seen" full time ' we got 3 point"

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Was going today, but thankfully didn't make it in the end!! From those that did go can you enlighten us on any positives from individual performances tonight? Who/what didn't work? Any player ratings? Thanks

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    One game are you having a laugh First half on Saturday was awful Dundee Utd Awful hearts game a wee bit fight but they where crap we still could not beat them

I have been watching this crap for way to long WE deserve better our board have gave us the cheap options for too long i have seen some poor results over the years but come on what is it you can not see these players are not good enough OUR manager cannot see a player outside Ireland.

We have been short changed again oh I hope it gets better

Fenlon is not the Man for the Job (please Mr Fenlon prove me wrong)
    Who is then?

How about Uncle Fester.

What an effort, no class in the middle of the park, left side weak and Queens exploited it twice. PF apologised for the cup final getting the formation wrong - will he apologise tomorrow again. The loss of face, finance and building momentum thrown away on the back of some very poor judgement. He needs to mature as a manager as well but won't keeping getting chances.
    The club need to provide some craft in teh shape of a creative, passing midfielder, who I do not know but that is the job of PF and his staff to identify and RP to provide.
    Here's hoping that this is not a major downturn but I fear for the team given taht whilst they have picked up points they have been as uninspiring as they were tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Can tell some if comments on here are from people not at match!! Well I was and believe me, it was bad!! ohanlon, kujabi and booth utter rubbish and evidence of tonight kuqi looks a total huddy! Doyle done more in ten mins than kuqi the whole game, I just hope he had,an off night like rest of team, otherwise we better pray Doyle and griffiths stay fit!! An embarrassing performance all in all, even deegan and cairney were poor...
    well said

we are murder

we dont have the players to change things around

I was sceptical about what a guy getting on for 36 had to offer, now looks like a panic signing by Fenlon, although the rest are just as bad. Proof positive we are still way short.

Some players are p15h and manager is clueless?

Probably because it's more than a defeat.

With all due respect to Queen of the South, Hibernian FC should be better than them and capable of beating them over 90 minutes.
    Yes there can be cup shocks but this wasn't a smash and grab, QOS were the better team and won at a canter.

A revenue stream cut off early doors so who now to add to the squad?

A bit embarrassing that many on here decried players for going to play for The Rangers saying they lacked ambition yet Hibs are no better than QOS.
    Doesn't matter where we are in the league, QOS bested us, only as good as your last game and we were *****.

Horrific. Embaressing. Waste of money.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Thank goodness for some common sense.

First Team Breakthrough Kenny1875's Avatar
    There's a difference between 'one defeat' and a defeat to a team in the 2nd division.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Who is then?

How about Uncle Fester.
    Thing would do a better job

we should have gone with Jim Jeffries and Billy Brown
    But no some people can not see the woods for the trees

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    You and me both know that 'one defeat' is not the issue here.

Testimonial Due
    It may be a poor loss but ffs give the whole doom and gloom thing a rest. Not the first time we've been knocked out by a smaller team and won't be the last. We played a weakened team which is fenlons fault but what we have to remember is that these smaller teams are always up for big games especially at home. Killie and Ross county also knocked out 2nite which shows that it's quite common. Will be interesting to see the dramatic change in peoples attitudes if we get something from Celtic

Our result and the Killie and Ross County ones show how little importance clubs give to cup competitions now . I`ve not seen anything this season to make me think that our supposed first team would have won easily tonight and I can see why Maybury and McPake were rested . Haven`t read anything from anyone who was at game so not clear that new players were more to blame than regulars - Maybury gifted a goal in Derby, McPake almost the same against St J ( if O`Hanlon or Stephens had made same mistakes what would reaction have been ? ) . Fenlon has had almost no options on bench in games so far so hopefully we`ll bring in a few more players this week and again in January and maybe some like Booth will get a loan deal elsewhere . Tonight wìll be a blow financially and for morale but also a reality check - present squad including first eleven is not nearly good enough if we want to make progress in league .