hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Racist shouts from the West stand lower

Steward's then police held and questioned 5 or 6 guy's for apparently using racist comments/noises towards Tade, they were then arrested /ejected from the stadium at H/T

Lets leave all that nonsense away from Hibs games

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Steward's then police held and questioned 5 or 6 guy's for apparently using racist comments/noises towards Tade, they were then arrested /ejected from the stadium at H/T

If true, I hope Hibs find out who they are and ban them for life.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post

I must have missed all that ------------ where about in the West stand lower did this happen?

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Hope they're banned if this is true.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Not Hibs fans; just the lowest of the low that we don't want anywhere near our stadium.

Lock them up.

If proven ban them for good.

Bigotry of any kind has no place in a football stadium, or anywhere else for that matter, in 2012.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Bigotry of any kind has no place in a football stadium, or anywhere else for that matter, in 2012.
    Banning noy enough. Jail them and set a good example then ban them.

First Team Breakthrough DanTheMan's Avatar
    Once again a guy in the East calling Maybury a hearts b******. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I must have missed all that ------------ where about in the West stand lower did this happen?
    FF end

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Totally agree, these idiots shouldnt be anywhere near ER.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Is that why there was a policeman sitting in there, looked like he was watching videos on people's phones, I thought he was just being lazy!

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    Once again a guy in the East calling Maybury a hearts b******. Pathetic.
    Guy in the FF just moaned and moaned and moaned. 90 minutes, and that was just in the first half.
    Don't know why he went.
    Boy next to him done a runner at half time cos his ears were bleeding, wish I'd done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Didn't see or hear that fron FF but plenty of gingerist shouts at Craig from around me even though we have our own red head in Doyle, tools.

If you hear it report it. Folk that sit and put up with it are daft. There is absolutely no place for that anywhere IMHO.

Shop them and ban them. Imagine yur bairn coming out with that sort if garbage at school.

No place for that at ER (or anywhere infact). Hope Hibs find out who they are and give out a few bans.

Disappointing to hear about constant moaning and abuse of our own players also. We've started to show the fight that we all wanted and we have got two good wins, we should be getting right behind the boys, they are doing what we asked for.

Encouraging to hear the police were looking at footage on people's phones, and a big mark of respect to those who were brave enough to film them as sometimes people are (justifiably) that the nuggets chucking this abuse will turn on them for obviously objecting to them. Hopefully there's enough evidence to get them banned for life at the very least, if not take criminal proceedings, if they're proven to have been giving out racist abuse.

Anyone know if the club would face possible sanctions or would that be reliant on Tade putting in an official complaint?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Completely unacceptable and i am glad it was dealt with. There's no place for that anywhere, let alone Easter Road.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member

Racism in not acceptable and it is right that we speak against and call for some kind of action. But, why do we dish out lifetime bans? No murder has been committed nor blood spilled. Is redemption not possible? Is there to be no hope that a person can over the course of their life, change?

Sorry, but I think lifetime bans are called for too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    Guy in the FF just moaned and moaned and moaned. 90 minutes, and that was just in the first half.
    Don't know why he went.
    Boy next to him done a runner at half time cos his ears were bleeding, wish I'd done the same.
    Either we were sitting close to each other or they're brothers. The guy near me had it in for Maybury and Claros big time, quietened down in the 2nd though, don't think i could have kept my mouth shut if he'd carried on.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Completely unacceptable and i am glad it was dealt with. There's no place for that anywhere, let alone Easter Road.
    Hear hear totally unacceptable

Get them tae ****, season tickets to Ibrox or Airdrie, not welcome at Hibs

The True Story

5 lads were ejected from the stadium today at half time (one of them was my son). One of my son's classmates did indeed racially abuse Tade and was spoken to by stewards after being identified by two separate supporters. He stupidly denied it and my son and his four pals were then spoken to as well. The culprit was arrested and later released. I have since spoken to his mum and she is not letting him return to Easter Road.

My son and his pals tried to get the lad that was arrested to stop using the language he did but to no avail. My son and his pals were refused re-entry to the stadium (wrongly in my opinion as they had done nothing wrong) and I had no option but to leave with him as well (I was not sitting anywhere near the incident by the way).

All of the boys had their season tickets withheld by the stewards and the club will be writing to them this week.

Suffice to say, the culprit who is only 14 (no excuse I know) feels really bad a bout the whole thing and I understand is very repentant.

I thought I had heard a racist shout. Kinda hoped I was mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    5 lads were ejected from the stadium today at half time (one of them was my son). One of my son's classmates did indeed racially abuse Tade and was spoken to by stewards after being identified by two separate supporters. He stupidly denied it and my son and his four pals were then spoken to as well. The culprit was arrested and later released. I have since spoken to his mum and she is not letting him return to Easter Road.

My son and his pals tried to get the lad that was arrested to stop using the language he did but to no avail. My son and his pals were refused re-entry to the stadium (wrongly in my opinion as they had done nothing wrong) and I had no option but to leave with him as well (I was not sitting anywhere near the incident by the way).

All of the boys had their season tickets withheld by the stewards and the club will be writing to them this week.

Suffice to say, the culprit who is only 14 (no excuse I know) feels really bad a bout the whole thing and I understand is very repentant.
    Does put a different slant on things to be fair.

We all done daft things at that age, the lad should really be old enough to know better at 14 but I think we all said and done things when we were young to try and impress our mates that we aren't proud of now.

Hopefully the boys not directly involved will get their STs back and the 'guilty party' get a couple of months ban and a stern warning about future.conduct. Racism isn't acceptable at any age but its a bit more undertandable in a daft laddie than a grown man.

We all done daft things at that age, the lad should really be old enough to know better at 14 but I think we all said and done things when we were young to try and impress our mates that we aren't proud of now.

Hopefully the boys not directly involved will get their STs back and the 'guilty party' get a couple of months ban and a stern warning about future.conduct. Racism isn't acceptable at any age but its a bit more undertandable in a daft laddie than a grown man.
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

good you gave an account of what happened, obviously a silly wee boy, we've all been idiots at one time or another when young teenagers(AND as adults), although i'm sure a few on here will have been life-long angels, we all have to live and learn when growing up and hopefully a right good talking to will lead the young guys on to being better human beings, no need for any sine die bans from ER as some are calling for(imo)

Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post
    Either we were sitting close to each other or they're brothers. The guy near me had it in for Maybury and Claros big time, quietened down in the 2nd though, don't think i could have kept my mouth shut if he'd carried on.
    We were in GG in the upper, wasn't just Maybury & Claros, anything and everything.
    First goal " we'll take it but we should be two or three down, we've done nothing"
    He said about Doyle's goal "he didnae kick that very hard did he?"

Yey

Quite sad that Hibs have lost 5 young fans today because of the taunts of one...

@hibs.net private member

You weren't in FF were you? Just we saw a guy getting spoken to by a policeman then leaving and couldn't work out what had happened?

If common sense prevails, that's exactly how it should go down.