hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: singing section

singing section

As an old timer if you like, you were at first an irritation, now you are an inspiration to us all, at the derby you were magnificent, and truly inspired the players, you even had this old guy jumping. Keep it up guys we need you. W ehave never had a vociferous support and you do us all proud.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    :D :thumbup: agreed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DylanCrosbieI9I
    Can't just do it our selfs what's 50 fans? We need that hole stand singing and the other 2! People are just a bit shy these days! But I try my best when I'm up there

Quote Originally Posted by hibskid9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't just do it our selfs what's 50 fans? We need that hole stand singing and the other 2! People are just a bit shy these days! But I try my best when I'm up there
    No idea who this is, but comments like that shouldn't be left on a thread that is praising section43.

Thanks to the OP for the positive comments, the group appreciate it

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by hibskid9 View Post

Come and speak to us up in rows CC-FF with any ideas on how you would like this to be encouraged, or any other ideas you have. Don't be shy!

Just an idea but If the crowds start picking up why don't we get a few of the singing section in to the famous five and west stand to try and get the rest of the fans joining in more?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by juniorhibbee View Post
    Just an idea but If the crowds start picking up why don't we get a few of the singing section in to the famous five and west stand to try and get the rest of the fans joining in more?
    Christ's sake. Is there nowhere we can go for some peace and quiet?????

I will be there all season to do my bit. Great effort at derby from everyone at derby. Let's have the same again on Sat.

GGTTH

To say we have never had a vociferous support is utter slavers. it wasn't that long ago that Easter Road had by far the best atmosphere in Scotland. The old East was amazing and not just against them or the old firm.

I can't say I was the biggest fan at first but the effort you guys put in I think is great. Be good if a few more fans came back and joined in. I'm now in the West but looking over and seeing all the guys bouncing it really is good to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Christ's sake. Is there nowhere we can go for some peace and quiet?????
    Suppose let's sit there and don't encourage the team and let the away fans out sing us. We need to make er an intimidating place to come. I'm not one who sings at game that much but surely I few songs all round the stadium will improve the atmosphere no?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Suppose let's sit there and don't encourage the team and let the away fans out sing us. We need to make er an intimidating place to come. I'm not one who sings at game that much but surely I few songs all round the stadium will improve the atmosphere no?
    How does singing the mercer song encourage the team?? That song was sang the most at paisley - what relevance did it have to that game??
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    How does singing the mercer song encourage the team?? That song was sang the most at paisley - what relevance did it have to that game??
    Did I say the mercer song?? I'm saying we should all try and create an atmosphere that will inspire the players and intimidate the opposition. Better than sitting there and waiting untill one of our players do something wrong and abuse them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I didn't join in but a mercer song was sung ONCE. When the steward made the wee bowing gesture to try get us to sit down. I didn't hear the usual "he's deed" chant at all at St Mirren.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Nah, I go to church on Sunday to sing and sing every morning in the shower. I go to ER to watch the football. Don't like being intimidated. I do give a cheer when we score though.

No wonder the place is dead at most games If most fans have your attitude.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Keep up the good work lads.

You seem to be blaming other fans for the place being dead at most games but you admit that you don't sing. I think starting to sing yourself might be a good first step before you start pointing fingers.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Do most fans have my attitude? I do put in a ra ra ra when we score as I said. Quite sufficient IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    You seem to be blaming other fans for the place being dead at most games but you admit that you don't sing. I think starting to sing yourself might be a good first step before you start pointing fingers.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    I didn't join in but a mercer song was sung ONCE. When the steward made the wee bowing gesture to try get us to sit down. I didn't hear the usual "he's deed" chant at all at St Mirren.
    One Mercer song was sung, but it was repeated at the most 3 times. That is 3 times more than we should be singing about a deceased rival.

@hibs.net private member
    Wasn't at Paisely, but why on earth was the Mercer song sang at all during that game!? Be disappointed if it was S43 starting it. No point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    One Mercer song was sung, but it was repeated at the most 3 times. That is 3 times more than we should be singing about a deceased rival.
    Says who?

If you don't want to sing it then you don't have to but the mercer songs will always get sung whether you like it or not.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Wasn't at Paisely, but why on earth was the Mercer song sang at all during that game!? Be disappointed if it was S43 starting it. No point at all.
    It was sang by S43, they were standing and the steward was asking them to sit down by moving his arms in the motion similar to what would be done during the chant 'Wallace Mercer, 6 feet under.'

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Says who?

If you don't want to sing it then you don't have to but the mercer songs will always get sung whether you like it or not.
    So when a Hibs player or former chairman dies is it fair game for Hearts fans to sing songs about them? Also what do you mean says who? I was sitting there at the game and most of the section who were standing joined in. Not funny and not clever.

Why do some people not want to sing and create an atmosphere. It boosts the team spirit and makes ER an even better place to go and watch the hibees. Last game I was at even my granny was singing. So why can't some others join in??but the people that do make a great atmosphere!:pfgwa

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Says who?

Tell all the you know is and no, he's no longer here so lets have a is and no

Quote Originally Posted by shetlandhibee View Post
    Why do some people not want to sing and create an atmosphere. It boosts the team spirit and makes ER an even better place to go and watch the hibees. Last game I was at even my granny was singing. So why can't some others join in??but the people that do make a great atmosphere!:pfgwa
    But I wouldn't sing songs about dead people like the mercer song

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Yeah like I'm going to stand up and sing a song when people around me aren't goin to join in. Like I said getting people from section 43 in the other stands will get people joining in like myself . Look what happened at the Dunfermline game last season at er was a great atmosphere and we won.

Yeah like I'm going to stand up and sing a song when people around me aren't goin to join in. Like I said getting people from section 43 in the other stands will get people joining in like myself . Look what happened at the Dunfermline game last season at er was a great atmosphere and we won.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by shetlandhibee View Post
    Why do some people not want to sing and create an atmosphere. It boosts the team spirit and makes ER an even better place to go and watch the hibees. Last game I was at even my granny was singing. So why can't some others join in??but the people that do make a great atmosphere!
    Because I don't want to sing. That OK with you? How old is your Granny? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Tell all the you know is and no, he's no longer here so lets have a is and no
    :-) Not allowed to put any more smileys coz you have used them all.