hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

David Stephens - red card for Wales U21

Red card for Stephens after 6 minutes . Shouldn`t be tired for weekend though unlikely to play for us anyway I suppose .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He'd make a good hatstand

Couldn't have been for a dangerous tackle or violent conduct, doesn't have that in him.

That's where his downfall is IMO. Potentially a decent CB, but not enough fire in the belly and far too lethargic at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couldn't have been for a dangerous tackle or violent conduct, doesn't have that in him.

That's where his downfall is IMO. Potentially a decent CB, but not enough fire in the belly and far too lethargic at times.
    It's the scran in his belly that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    It's the scran in his belly that's the problem.
    Stood next to him at one of games on tour, he ain't fat, he is however huge in terms of height and muscle. He is a big unit.....

Anyone know what red card was for?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Good man, showing courtesy by showing up while doing all he can to keep fresh for the hibees

I know hes had a few shockers but i still like the big guy and hope he comes into some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Stood next to him at one of games on tour, he ain't fat, he is however huge in terms of height and muscle. He is a big unit.....

I am surprised at that.

Maybe he was still trying to get his tackle in on the Huddersfield forward from 2 weeks ago - not that I am suggesting he is slow.............................................

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I know hes had a few shockers but i still like the big guy and hope he comes into some form.
    I like him too, but he has concentration lapses, and is a bit immobile at times. I had hoped McPake might help him and talk him through matches, but PH/JM centre half pairing is what I would go with every time....

I think its pretty below the belt the slagging hes taking to be honest, hes a young Hibs player who hasnt had even half as many chances to impress as Hanlon or Wotherspoon yet when it comes to being critical of them after what 3 years some folk are right to their defence. Granted he had a shocker against UTD, but find it a bit harsh the slagging hes getting even when playing for his country.

Some of the comments you would think he plays for Hearts or sumit.

Tin hat at the ready.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I think its pretty below the belt the slagging hes taking to be honest, hes a young Hibs player who hasnt had even half as many chances to impress as Hanlon or Wotherspoon yet when it comes to being critical of them after what 3 years some folk are right to their defence. Granted he had a shocker against UTD, but find it a bit harsh the slagging hes getting even when playing for his country.

Tin hat at the ready.
    Agree, as a support we are quick to jump on any negatives......DS has been written off by many.........

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I would agree with that, feel for him a bit to be honest. they season is two games old and I would imagine that his confidence has taken a beating already, not good for a younger player. Really hope he finds some form and has a role to play this season.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Wouldn't mind seeing him going out on loan for a few months, see how he does

Lets face it he is gash.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    I am surprised at that.
    Me too. Whatever possessed David to stand next to Baldy?
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member
    For me he is not good enough. He's had loads of chances. Even in his good games he always loses concentration. I would get rid

I would get rid of him, Stevenson,Hanlon,Wetherspoon,Ivan,Doyle,Kujabi and loads of others. Get young guys in, then moan that they are crap. I,m getting sick of abusing the same guys. I want new victims.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Agree, as a support we are quick to jump on any negatives......DS has been written off by many.........

Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member London Hibs FC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post

Tin hat at the ready.
    I can't disagree with you there, he has all the physical attributes to excel in his chosen position and I'd love for him to do well for us but the laddie quite simply plays like he's stoned

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I can understand players having a couple of shockers, but Stephens hasn't shown the slightest glimpse of footballing ability.

He's a big built lad, but he isn't a footballer.

I'm getting tired of waiting for players to "come good". I want to see quality straight from the start.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    "I'm getting tired of waiting for players to "come good". I want to see quality straight from the start."

So how do we develop as a club from within rather than buying in quality (not done too well on that recently)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    "I'm getting tired of waiting for players to "come good". I want to see quality straight from the start."

So how do we develop as a club from within rather than buying in quality (not done too well on that recently)
    I think the suggestion of putting him out on load is a good one. There is a footballer in there somewhere its just a case of coaxing it out. A season on load at a lower division should bring him on. Its worked before for other young players so why not with Denzil?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Lets face it he is gash.
    That would be my view harsh though that is. Kind of hoping some of the other younger centre halfs start improving and are pushing for places.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    I think the suggestion of putting him out on load is a good one. There is a footballer in there somewhere its just a case of coaxing it out. A season on load at a lower division should bring him on. Its worked before for other young players so why not with Denzil?
    I suppose its due to a real lack of squad depth, but Id like to see us sending out more of the young players on loan (and not just when theyve made the step up from the younger squads). This is their third season in the first team for the likes of Stephens and Booth, and neither of them have played much football. How are they meant to progress?

Both them should be out on a 6 month/season long loan deal imo, where they will be playing week in, week out, and really getting the opportunity to try and prove themselves. We can always include a recall clause if we pick up injuries.

I don't think he'll be here very long, obviously showed something in training but bottled it when it came to the real game, now a sending off after 6 mins for his country, div 1 or English lower div 1/div 2 is his level.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I'd love to see him do well, but I really just can't see a way that he is an SPL defender at this point. Maybe he needs to drop a league and be a big fish in a small pond for a bit before moving back up. For me he lacks strength of character; if things are going well he's fine but if he makes one mistake he'll go on to make three or four more in the course of a game.

Hope he can turn it around though.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Was this in the Easyjet queue at Brussels? Can put a face to a pseudonym now!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Was this in the Easyjet queue at Brussels? Can put a face to a pseudonym now!
    Yes that was me....

Sure I spoke to you in lift at the IBS in Leuven. Recognised you from photo of Berlin crowd
    Last edited by Baldy Foghorn; 16-08-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    That would be my view harsh though that is. Kind of hoping some of the other younger centre halfs start improving and are pushing for places.
    This lad might do the trick. http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Un...372902,00.html