hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar

Advertising boards outside ER (merged)

Sorry if anyone has already mentioned this and a just haven't seen it.

Sounds petty but hey ho!

Was walking home past the stadium as i live just behind the east stand and noticed that the Advert Boards have been changed,

Not sure if anyone has seen the new sky sports boards that have gone up but do my anger there was a huge picture of RUDI SKACEL kissing the badge at running away celebrating! don't get me wrong but sky can put on what they like?! But outside ER are they just trying to rub it in?! (i no it's not sky who owns them it's who ever contacts they boards but still!!)

People have already been at it with stones & even a kebab by the looks of things!

Don't think it will be their much longer.

Maybe a bit petty but Pi$$ed me off!

2. Log in to remove the advert

That's a fricking piss take of the highest order.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Sounds petty but hey ho!

Was walking home past the stadium as i live just behind the east stand and noticed that the Advert Boards have been changed,

Not sure if anyone has seen the new sky sports boards that have gone up but do my anger there was a huge picture of RUDI SKACEL kissing the badge at running away celebrating! don't get me wrong but sky can put on what they like?! But outside ER are they just trying to rub it in?! (i no it's not sky who owns them it's who ever contacts they boards but still!!)

People have already been at it with stones & even a kebab by the looks of things!

I was up there today at the open training session and I never noticed it (shows how much attention I pay tae adverts) I wish I had seen it though because it would have had some mair damage tae it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I was up there today at the open training session and I never noticed it (shows how much attention I pay tae adverts) I wish I had seen it though because it would have had some mair damage tae it.
    TBH mate i don't either a just looked up and saw THAT but people have been at it already but surley theyy could show some common sense!

Wish a had a packet of eggs! still a only live 2 minutes round the corner

Left by mutual consent!
    TBH mate i don't either a just looked up and saw THAT but people have been at it already but surley theyy could show some common sense!

Wish a had a packet of eggs! still a only live 2 minutes round the corner
    B&Q just round the corner from you, get some tins of paint tae throw at it and dae it right. I'll pay for a tin

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i'l donate £2 towards the paint.....just put the paypal link up

haha! Lads am sure on Sunday (if it's still there) people will have a fair go at it!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    if its that close to ER, someone will do something about it. I drove past the ones just down from the Anchor Inn and even the Go Compare guy gets it tight, compare was crossed out and it read Go get another Job and a pizza box was painted to make him look like a delivery guy. Funny stuff.

Sounds petty but hey ho!

That advert is on Boards all around the city, but to be displayed in Easter Road, is really pretty stupid.......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    That advert is on Boards all around the city, but to be displayed in Easter Road, is really pretty stupid.......

Yeah seen that beside the Gyle Brockie but outside the stadium .... Pathetic as i said don't think it will be there much longer,

Yeah seen that beside the Gyle Brockie but outside the stadium .... Pathetic as i said don't think it will be there much longer,
    Should not have been put in Easter Road full stop. You said someone had thrown a kebab at it, what a waste of good food
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Should not have been put in Easter Road full stop. You said someone had thrown a kebab at it, what a waste of good food
    ha! think the anger got the best of me! i aimed for the head! was a donner as well :(

Still lucky a have a greggs stakebake anaw so i never really lost out!

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    it's even in Wishaw canny get away from these pricks...

There is one at Camron Toll Roundabout i seen it today i got a text from my mate who is a delivery guy he said they are all over Edinburgh.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries

First Team Breakthrough Curly1875's Avatar
    One just outside my house as well!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Sounds petty but hey ho!

One on Ferry Road at Crewe Toll roundabout as well, thought the Pilton Hibby's would have sorted it by now, f***ing disgusting stuff seeing that wee cant as i drive by each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    B&Q just round the corner from you, get some tins of paint tae throw at it and dae it right. I'll pay for a tin

And i will pay for the other tin.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    And i will pay for the other tin.
    I will get a kebab but i can't promise i won't eat it

They're all over the place.

Total ****ing piss take considering the player in question doesnt even play in this country anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    They're all over the place.

Total ****ing piss take considering the player in question doesnt even play in this country anymore.

And the game is at ER as well, you better believe it's a piss take, why do some advertising boards not feature a Hibs player to even things up a bit, someone's at it having that wee cant all over Scotland.

Do you think they would have done this if it was an old firm game at the weekend, no bleeping chance.

They should stick a couple up in the dressing room. Remind them that pish produced in May was unacceptable and a repeat won't be tolerated.

theres one on duke street aswell. hopefully they wont last past friday night

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    And the game is at ER as well, you better believe it's a piss take, why do some advertising boards not feature a Hibs player to even things up a bit, someone's at it having that wee cant all over Scotland.

Do you think they would have done this if it was an old firm game at the weekend, no bleeping chance.
    Can just imagine the reaction now if there was a big poster of Neil Lennon on the Broomloan Road, just wouldn't happen.

Not wishing to condone vandalism but I hope somebody rips the thing down and burns it.

Saw it, fuming at first but sure it will be decorated before Sunday ( not encouraging budding Bansy's but .....)

Grow up guys.

It's a poster that's designed to get reaction!

The only useful suggestion so far is that one of these posters should be taken into the home dressing room before the game on Sunday to remind us of how much you need to want it to succeed.

@hibs.net private member
    By Saturday night he will look a lot, lot different :D

Blog Entries
    just left the Stadium wee while ago...someone has had a go at tearing it down (one of those backlit ones) it has a 2ft tear at the bottom and the remains of aforementioned grub on it

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    By Saturday night he will look a lot, lot different :D
    Bit of culture jamming in order.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_jamming

Make it witty and hit the mark.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member
    What all the Hibbies that have sky should do is phone them up and ask them to cancel, telling them that you can't afford it any more. They'll almost certainly offer you a cut price deal for 6 months or so. I've thought about doing this before but just been too busy/lazy to get round to it. However that advert has really pi$$ed me off, so i'm definitely doing it. It's hardly radical but these cants are all about the money and it takes some of it away from them....if i did actually have principals I'd have cancelled the subscription already.