hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Templeton - should he have been sent off? (SFA offer two match ban)

From my view in the FF, I though he should have been sent off, but wasn't even spoken too.

For those watching on telly, what do you think? Will the compliance officer take further action?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yes he should

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes he should
    We agree on this.

Thought he kicked out at the time, not seen it on TV, but my reaction is still yes.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Should?? Should??? There is no should about it , The poofy faced silly haircutted twat should have been shown a straight red!! AND....AND.....Collum was STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO THE INCIDENT! Bottled it!!!!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: O7 titch 62
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    From my view in the FF, I though he should have been sent off, but wasn't even spoken too.

For those watching on telly, what do you think? Will the compliance officer take further action?

As I see it he has to if gollum says he seen it why hasn't he sent him off so he has to say he missed it

Which as I have said on another thread will be a lie As he CLEARLY sees it

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    No doubt about it, a straight red every day. It was also right in front of the ref, how he did not send him packing is beyond me.

Templeton was at it all day, constant moaning, getting in the refs face and falling down at any given chance.

Vincent Lunny...come on down!

BTW, thought it was absolutely brilliant the way the Hibs players dealt with him in that incident. Just a couple of seasons ago we were letting that little rat dance around our defence and score. Today 4 players snapping and snarling around him. Great effort.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I would hate to see exactly what lengths a Yam has to go to to get sent off against us.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I would hate to see exactly what lengths a Yam has to go to to get sent off against us.
    Spot on again Matty.

Seems elbows in the face and kung fu kicks are in the rules and ok.

If your a **** fud.

How many of their fouls went unpunished before low and behold, Deegan is first to get his name taken....Templeton was at it all game, left his foot in on Williams which went un-noticed, then the kick at McPake.....Im not saying Deegan shouldn't have been booked, Im saying there is no consistency at all......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Counted 8 fouls by him and by the law of the game persistant fouling is a caution and that usually occurs after 3 bad fouls and then the next time you do it again you are off - well he could have been off twice and still had a couple of bookings to spare and these fouls were not the one that he did to McPake - get the little RAT hauled up like MCGowan was last season when again the referee missed it (Calum Murray) who was in his glory being positioned next to the Hearts dug out - wonder he did not ask for autographs

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I saw it from the East, and we thought that it was only the colour of the card that would be the issue. The referee was consistently inconsistent. Although I like to see the game flow, he should have carded someone long before Deegan as that was just letting things boil up.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Asked the same question of a lippy yam fud earlier this evening who could only ask "what did he dae like?" Seems he could see that Deegan should have been sent off but somehow missed the kick by Templeton. I suspect if he puts his CV into the SFA he will be refereeing the next derby at Tynecastle.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I jumped up straight away screaming he has to walk, couldn't ****** believe it when the ref ignored the incident completely. So many niggling fouls from Hertz players I lost count and thought the next foul must be a booking and it was FOR DEEGAN FFS.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 12-08-2012 at 07:22 PM.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Should've seen red. Dirty wee bawbag. Although it could be argued Deegan was lucky to stay on, but that wasn't as clear cut. Templton booted someone in the side.

Watched the match on a live stream. I was extremely surprised that he was not even spoken to. The fact that he was not booked means that they might have a look at it later on. Templeton was brought down as he ran towards the Hibs area. McPake went in hard and he didn't like it, then he kicked out and caught McPake with his studs. We've seen red cards for similar offences in derbies, then again, Black gets away with assault in the final. It was good to see some fight and determination this time, rather than letting the same player waltz right through the feeble defence again.

Yes.

First Team Breakthrough Smiggy 7-0's Avatar
    Wee TWAT should defo been off . Thought for a moment CT was the ref.

Thought James McPake done well to get Sparky away from ****bos also.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Vincent Lunny...come on down!

BTW, thought it was absolutely brilliant the way the Hibs players dealt with him in that incident. Just a couple of seasons ago we were letting that little rat dance around our defence and score. Today 4 players snapping and snarling around him. Great effort.
    Well the rules as I understand them are that someone (or some people) have to raise the matter with Mr Lunny in order to bring it to his direct attention as an incident to be dealt with post-match.

So can I suggest that at least one person on here with access to the incriminating footage start drafting an email for our Vinnie?

Can someone put up a video so we can all see it again?

Deegan was lucky to stay on IMO!

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Surely the SFA compliance team should take action over the disgraceful incident involving Templeton

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Not interested in retrospective action FFS Collum it happened right in front of you. Get a backbone and give the decision. When you compare it to the joke reds we have had and the refs come out with but it is the rules and he had to go. One rule for one.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    How many of their fouls went unpunished before low and behold, Deegan is first to get his name taken....Templeton was at it all game, left his foot in on Williams which went un-noticed, then the kick at McPake.....Im not saying Deegan shouldn't have been booked, Im saying there is no consistency at all......
    Dead right. I had said to my daughter that we'll be the first to have a player booked. Didn't surprise me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Not interested in retrospective action FFS Collum it happened right in front of you. Get a backbone and give the decision. When you compare it to the joke reds we have had and the refs come out with but it is the rules and he had to go. One rule for one.
    Agreed. The second derby at ER Iin a row that a Hearts player should clearly have been sent off and will hopefully get retrospective punishment (after McGowans headbutt on Sproule last season).

Retrospective action is fine but what a difference it would have made to play against ten men for an hour.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I am biased being of the Hibs and Northern persuasion, where eveything is harder, men are men, blah blah blah, was watching it today with a few neutrals, 2 chelski fans and a gooner, and not one understood why the lashing out wasn't a sending off, it was compared to a Balotelli effort that to be honest I couldn't really remember but principle seemed to be the same...Scottish football, every year that passes we seem dafter and dafter...........red card as he lashed out......... still at least no one else will be sent off in Scotland for similar things this season

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

After seeing the incident I think the ref used common sense. Technically he should have walked but how many of the tackles on him were close to the mark. One was two footed and one was a lunge so perhaps another ref might have sent off the hearts player and one of ours too!

Good refereeing I think.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Surely the SFA compliance team should take action over the disgraceful incident involving Templeton
    Thats too late tho! The ref bottled it like he did with that baw bag McGowan against Ivan in a previous derby. The ref should deal with it on the day. Not much use to us if he gets a retrospective ban. How many decisions are going to go against us.

Think of what pa kujabi got 2 bookings for in that final! Neither anywhere as bad as that today.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdouglas View Post
    After seeing the incident I think the ref used common sense. Technically he should have walked but how many of the tackles on him were close to the mark. One was two footed and one was a lunge so perhaps another ref might have sent off the hearts player and one of ours too!

Good refereeing I think.

Surely if your point is valid though the referee should have least of spoken to him instead of ignoring the incident completely, or are you suggesting just pretending he didn't see it was good refereeing?