hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb

Sunday's crowd

Just on the website buying my sister and my mate a ticket for Sunday (I am a season ticket holder) and I am extremely disappointed to say Easter Road will be empty in places. The middle sections of each stand are fairly busy but specifically the West will be in most parts 70% 80% + empty.

It saddens me that so many people appear to be turning their back at such a vital time. Yes it is expensive, yes it is against them, yes we are pretty dire just now but we are Hibs and it is rarely an easy ride following them.

A few posters have been issuing rallying cries and I want to do the same to any people unsure about coming along on Sunday.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND GGTTH!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by sbell1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just on the website buying my sister and my mate a ticket for Sunday (I am a season ticket holder) and I am extremely disappointed to say Easter Road will be empty in places. The middle sections of each stand are fairly busy but specifically the West will be in most parts 70% 80% + empty.

It saddens me that so many people appear to be turning their back at such a vital time. Yes it is expensive, yes it is against them, yes we are pretty dire just now but we are Hibs and it is rarely an easy ride following them.

A few posters have been issuing rallying cries and I want to do the same to any people unsure about coming along on Sunday.

Not good but not surprised. I'll be there wi ma laddie for his first derby, sorry son......,.,.

First Team Breakthrough SGHIBEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.sct View Post
    Not good but not surprised. I'll be there wi ma laddie for his first derby, sorry son......,.,.
    Poor laddie!

I don't expect us to win but I am hoping we at least compete this time

Mon the Hibs

Its time the players done something.. anything, to get fans back.

Knew we had a hard match on our hands last week but the lack of fight and enthusiasm in our team is depressing. And style of play? hoof it to griffiths. Jeez, regardless of what the score is on Sunday, if we dont see some serious fight and committment.. then many more will have had enough. Club and fans blaiming fans.... geez a break.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Its time the players done something.. anything, to get fans back.

Knew we had a hard match on our hands last week but the lack of fight and enthusiasm in our team is depressing. And style of play? hoof it to griffiths. Jeez, regardless of what the score is on Sunday, if we dont see some serious fight and committment.. then many more will have had enough. Club and fans blaiming fans.... geez a break.
    I couldn't agree more. It's like the players have just given up. Players turning their back and getting back in to position on Sunday said it all for me. I do believe it is the managers job to motivate the players but professional players shouldn't even need motivation with the privileged position they find themselves in.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    I will be happy with a 0-0 draw, after the final I would see that as great progress. Sadly due to financial situations I cannot attend. Can someone pass on my idea to Pat about the giant stage curtain for the South Stand?

Sbel-Tbh I'm ****in sick of this kind of post, AND the fact anybody feels the need to make this kind of post.
    I'm now in my 23rd consecutive year of East Stand season ticket and to be honest I'm amazed anyone else can be arsed paying good money to watch the **** that I've put up with.
    Lets be honest here-this isnae a blip, this isnae bad luck, this isnae something new, this isnae a Craig Thompson conspiracy.... Hibs. Are absolutely. *****!!

There, I've said it!
    The question is-what's being done about it? And as far as I can see the answer is HEE HAW.
    Now I'm sure I'll get the usual dotnet smartasses making derogatory comments about whether I'm a 'yam' or no, but **** it. I'm fed up. Hibs are ****in ***** and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
    I'll leave all the farmer/Petrie/fenlon/mccourt must go debates for others-but as far as I can see my club is dying in front of my eyes and it's ****in horrible to see.

GGTTH.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The club can beg, cajole plead in fact even bribe us, its just not going to happen, we are not going to turn up in sufficient numbers to fill the place.

Maybe they could put a winning attractive football team on the park, that will definitely get people through the gates, i can guarantee that.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    The club can beg, cajole plead in fact even bribe us, its just not going to happen, we are not going to turn up in sufficient numbers to fill the place.

Maybe they could put a winning attractive football team on the park, that will definitely get people through the gates, i can guarantee that.
    I am not going because it is on telly and I am lazy, mean git. In doing that, though, I must be carrying out the wishes of Hibs (and the SPL collectively) since they sell the TV rights. See you all at the next Cat B game - as long as I can turn up late and pay cash.

First Team Breakthrough

Likewise you only have to go back a few years when crowds of 17k were not unusual for a derby at easter road. Also noticed that Dundee Utd sold all their home tickets for their derby match - the ground capacity is only 14k but shows that there is at least some enthusiasm in Dundee for their derby. Bloody annoying that so many of the cup final fans just won't be there for one of our biggest games.

We all seem to be on such a downer just now god knows we need a bit of cheering up - hopefully Sunday might provide us with a a wee start (but as per everyone else it will be a surprise if we do)

Enough of the doom and gloom for now

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

That would work - still think we should get bums on seats for the derby - other clubs sell out for derby no matter how they play - we should be getting 13k + home fans at least no matter how we play

Im sure sunday kick offs at lunch times really doesnt help fill the stadium.

I will be there with my son, had to take time off work too though. The famous 5 looks nit too bad ticket wise though?

If we had a 14k stadium it would be full. If we had a 60k stadium it would be 1 1/4 full.

We've got the foundations in place. I just hope we can get our act together on the field.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Sbel-Tbh I'm ****in sick of this kind of post, AND the fact anybody feels the need to make this kind of post.
    I'm now in my 23rd consecutive year of East Stand season ticket and to be honest I'm amazed anyone else can be arsed paying good money to watch the **** that I've put up with.
    Lets be honest here-this isnae a blip, this isnae bad luck, this isnae something new, this isnae a Craig Thompson conspiracy.... Hibs. Are absolutely. *****!!

There, I've said it!
    The question is-what's being done about it? And as far as I can see the answer is HEE HAW.
    Now I'm sure I'll get the usual dotnet smartasses making derogatory comments about whether I'm a 'yam' or no, but **** it. I'm fed up. Hibs are ****in ***** and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
    I'll leave all the farmer/Petrie/fenlon/mccourt must go debates for others-but as far as I can see my club is dying in front of my eyes and it's ****in horrible to see.

GGTTH.
    It is your kind of support following through thick an thin which I absolutely respect 110% You are correct with much of your assessment there but if you look at general figures from the final there isn't even likely to be 1 in 2 of people who attended the final will be there tomorrow. Now I see a real problem with that and it angers me the sheer number of people completely prepared to bury their head in the sand and allow Hearts to come to our HOME and completely rip the piss out of us.

@hibs.net private member
    So the board maybe need to ask themselves why are so many people who have supported Hibs for so many years not prepared to come along anymore.

A blind man could see why .... But they'll blame the fans for not buying season and the most expensive merchandise in Scotland as the reason we are struggling

An early Sunday kick off to watch Hearts fans have a party and a poor Hibs team. Is anyone surprised people aren't going?

I'll be there after getting a late shift swap at work but I'm not going to condemn anyone who isn't.

The fact over 7000 people have gone out and bought season.tickets this year after last season and a slow summer transfer wise is to to the great credit of a lot of Hibs fans imo.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart7-0 View Post
    So the board maybe need to ask themselves why are so many people who have supported Hibs for so many years not prepared to come along anymore.

A blind man could see why .... But they'll blame the fans for not buying season and the most expensive merchandise in Scotland as the reason we are struggling
    No they won't. The blame the fans thing is just a tedious cliche now most commonly used in discussions where no one has actually blamed the fans. The most expensive merchandise in Scotland now? When was that FACT decided?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Stuff handing our house over to them for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by hulk View Post
    Likewise you only have to go back a few years when crowds of 17k were not unusual for a derby at easter road. Also noticed that Dundee Utd sold all their home tickets for their derby match - the ground capacity is only 14k but shows that there is at least some enthusiasm in Dundee for their derby. Bloody annoying that so many of the cup final fans just won't be there for one of our biggest games.

We all seem to be on such a downer just now god knows we need a bit of cheering up - hopefully Sunday might provide us with a a wee start (but as per everyone else it will be a surprise if we do)

Enough of the doom and gloom for now
    If Dundee Utd were as poor as we've been recently there'd be nothing like 14.000 there either

@hibs.net private member
    Don't know why some people are surprised with ticket sales; it was always going to be a woeful support! We couldn't fill our end if we gave the remaining tickets away for nowt. People have had enough and simply do not want to go. Others cannot afford it with the ridiculous pricing. And there will be many who do usually attend, but cannot stand the sight of those ***** having a party on our turf after the SCF!

@hibs.net private member
    I don't get that the **** are certs to win. FFS they have lost 18 players. We will not be facing the same team from May. I'm looking forward to getting in about. Rather be a losing Hibbie than a winning tramp from gorgie. Mon the Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I don't get that the **** are certs to win. FFS they have lost 18 players. We will not be facing the same team from May. I'm looking forward to getting in about. Rather be a losing Hibbie than a winning tramp from gorgie. Mon the Hibs
    Well said.

Have had a season ticket for over 10 years, i've stood up and been counted for long enough and I'll be choosing to watch the game on the telly on Sunday.

There is no value for money, the cost of going to a game is way overpriced. Maybe my view would be different if we were challenging up the top end of the league but when we have a home record like our recent 1 and as Bobby Williamson said, if you want entertained, go to the cinema. Or I'm my case at the moment I would rather spend my 2 days off at the weekend watching and playing golf.

1 of the other factors is that I want to watch football at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, our 1st 2 games of the season have been Sunday lunchtimes. 1 of the big things for me about going to the games is the social aspect of it, meeting your mates/old man, going for a few beers to 4 in hand, Hibs club etc staying out for a few after the game on a Saturday. That side of the Match day experience has been completely lost due to KO times being any time but 3pm on a Saturday. Look at our last 5 ffixtures of last season, did we even have 1 game at 3 on a Saturday?

Also, I can't believe the mediocracy that the happy clappers are quite willing to settle for, we have had good players come and go, managers come and go but the 1 common denominator that has been constant throughout is Petrie and Farmer. There is something underlying and rotten at the core of our club, IMO we've tried changing playing staff, we've changed managers now it's time for a change of leadership at the very top of our club. I doubt there would be any set of fans anywhere in Britain that have a club with the infrastructure that we do that would settle for what our happy clappers are. There would have been protests and demands for the chairman to be booted out, long before now.

Folk saying we are in transition, we've been in transition since Mowbray left, how long ago was that. We've had guys who have proven they are good quality by having an impact at other clubs but it hasn't worked out for them at Hibs, why? What is it at our club that is making the perform way below there potential.

We were known for our youth and ability to bring through youngsters, albeit for them to be sold to the old firm but we brought them on and they got there chance in the 1st team. With the current 'manager merry go round' the youth is not getting a chance, the managers coming in need to hit the ground running and don't have time or the faith or know enough about the youngsters trying to breakthrough, they would rather try bring in guys they know from there past or journeymen to try steady the ship.

We have a very talented group of youngsters keen to impress, they all did impress when given there chance in pre season but now the season season starts they get chucked on when we're 2/3 down, it's hardly an ideal environment for them to be breaking into the 1st team. Give some of them a chance from the start, there's a young lad Smith that plays left back, give him a couple of starts otherwise he's not going to get the 1st team experience and he'll be wasted. Also, handling and Stanton, give them the chance to start, handling was given the chance at the end of last season out on loan, he seemed to score a fair few, nows the time to give him a start, can't do any worse than who played last season or against united.

The club talk about and I keep reading on here about these 'think tank's' and q&a sessions

First Team Breakthrough goosefat's Avatar
    It is a real shame that we are struggling to get the stadium even near half filled for a lot of games.

Obviously we should always try and get as many people through the turnstiles as possible, however, when you look at the teams Dundee United and Motherwell have managed to put together and then take into account their budgets and the fact that you can play hide and seek in the stands for most of their home games it makes me think that Hibs are clearly missing something and attendances may not necessarily have everything to do with it.

This summer Scottish football fans had their chance to take back the game from the TV companies. The clubs backed the call from the fans to kick out the cheats despite the threat of losing millions and one by one they all said we now need your support to make up the losses.

Where are the tens of thousands of Scottish footballs fans that said they would buy season tickets if sporting integrity took priority over money?

I'm not going to say that SPL football value for money because it's not but the only way that we will ever get games back to a Saturday at 3pm is to turn up every week and give our teams no reason chase sponsors and TV companies to make up the difference. In this world you get what you pay for and if more don't start turning up then realistically what do you expect to happen.

A few weeks ago there was a thread saying that ER should be full this week and be drowning out the jambo fans that are coming along for a party at our expense, this is our first home competitive match since one of the worst results in our history and its against the very team that did it to us, is there a better opportunity to get right behind the club and show what they mean to us and that we are right behind them. I guarantee that if the tables were turned their ground would be full of them.

I was so angry at the Huddersfield game and the lack of fans turning up at that one, I have been criticised on this board in the past for questioning peoples reasons for not going to the games and saying that there is always an excuse if you want. That game was on a Saturday at 2pm for £10 at the end of July on a warm day, in the slurring words of Delia 'Where are you'

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post

I was so angry at the Huddersfield game and the lack of fans turning up at that one, I have been criticised on this board in the past for questioning peoples reasons for not going to the games and saying that there is always an excuse if you want. That game was on a Saturday at 2pm for £10 at the end of July on a warm day, in the slurring words of Delia 'Where are you'
    You cannae compare pre season games to a derby. I hate pre season games and would rather stick sharp things in my eyes or worse go shopping with the wife than sit through Hibs v Huddersfield to be honest.

However, tomorrow is THE derby and the apathy around this match astounds me. Apart from anything else it's our first home game and a chance to show real defiance to not only the gloating Hearts fans but also to the media and football authorities who predicted the demise of Scottish football should Rangers not be in the SPL.

I would hate to see other clubs stand up and be counted at "sell out Saturday" just for us to let the side down on the Sunday.

Hopefully the weather tomorrow can spur along a few last minute undecided's.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    You cannae compare pre season games to a derby. I hate pre season games and would rather stick sharp things in my eyes or worse go shopping with the wife than sit through Hibs v Huddersfield to be honest.

However, tomorrow is THE derby and the apathy around this match astounds me. Apart from anything else it's our first home game and a chance to show real defiance to not only the gloating Hearts fans but also to the media and football authorities who predicted the demise of Scottish football should Rangers not be in the SPL.I would hate to see other clubs stand up and be counted at "sell out Saturday" just for us to let the side down on the Sunday.

Hopefully the weather tomorrow can spur along a few last minute undecided's.

It's not exactly a surprise, is it.

After the last three seasons, culminating in that game in May, Hibs are going to have to do an awful lot to get the fans coming back. As already stated, a half-decent team would be a start.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Why are people complaining?

At least fans turn up for Hibs games.

I haven't seen 1 player turn up for a Hibs game in a very long time.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    It's not exactly a surprise, is it.

After the last three seasons, culminating in that game in May, Hibs are going to have to do an awful lot to get the fans coming back. As already stated, a half-decent team would be a start.
    I am a bit surprised to be honest. The fans voices were heard loud and clear by the clubs over the Rangers situation in the summer and I really expected them to turn out in numbers for this game at least almost in celebration of a major victory for peple power.

Sadly it appears to have just been keyboard bluster as usual and no doubt Traynor and co will rip into us for it.