hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings

Player ratings

Williams - 6 Bad communication with Maybury for the goal, but solid saves
    Clancy - 8 I thought he defended very well and was composed on the ball
    McPake - 8 Superb today, won everything
    Hanlon - 7 Very good next to McPake, caught out once or twice, but did well throughout
    Maybury - 7 At fault for the goal, but played well despite, looked comfortable and composed
    Wotherspoon - 7 Much better today, didn't always beat his man but won the ball back from defenders a lot and looked dangerous
    Deegan - 7 great debut, a bit of fitness and he'll be a good addition
    Stevenson - 7 Neat and tidy before being taken off
    Cairney - 8 lively, uses the ball well and puts himself about, good stuff
    Sparky - 9 Always dangerous, love him
    Doyle - 6 Not his best, but put himself about

SUBS:
    Claros - 6/7 Passed the ball fairly well and actually put in a couple of good challenges
    Caldwell - No time
    Handling - No time

Much better today, the fans were great as always.

Referee - 6 Should have sent off Templeton, he seemed intimidated by the players. I suppose he was competent for the rest of it

Last edited by Vault Boy; 12-08-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: I felt bad for the poor referee, go'an have a better score

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs-1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Williams - 6 Bad communication with Maybury for the goal, but solid saves
    Clancy - 8 I thought he defended very well and was composed on the ball
    McPake - 8 Superb today, won everything
    Hanlon - 7 Very good next to McPake, caught out once or twice, but did well throughout
    Maybury - 7 At fault for the goal, but played well despite, looked comfortable and composed
    Wotherspoon - 7 Much better today, didn't always beat his man but won the ball back from defenders a lot and looked dangerous
    Deegan - 7 great debut, a bit of fitness and he'll be a good addition
    Stevenson - 7 Neat and tidy before being taken off
    Cairney - 8 lively, uses the ball well and puts himself about, good stuff
    Sparky - 9 Always dangerous, love him
    Doyle - 6 Not his best, but put himself about

SUBS:
    Claros - 6/7 Passed the ball fairly well and actually put in a couple of good challenges
    Caldwell - No time
    Handling - No time

Much better today, the fans were great as always.

Referee - 2, should have sent off Templeton, he seemed intimidated by the players.

Rubbish about the ref, that was his only mistake thought he did well

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Thought we were excellent today, Maybury bar the goal was very comfortable.Solid signing.

Hearts didnt win because we didnt let them. Each and every single player played there part today, Well impressed, Play like that next week and we win.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post

Templeton SHOULD have been red carded.

Thought the ref done well today ..

Would have put higher, just thought the mistake was a disastrous one, a slight typing error too, meant to put 3

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Templeton SHOULD have been red carded.
    Correct, as I said that was his only mistake whole game

@hibs.net private member
    Would have put higher, just thought the mistake was a disastrous one, a slight typing error too, meant to put 3
    I was sitting in FF didnt see what templeton did??

Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    I was sitting in FF didnt see what templeton did??
    Purposefully kicked McPake studs showing after he was brought down. Red card easy, referee was standing next to it.

Why is it you were able to look at the big picture with Maybury but not the ref? Maybury's mistake was disastrous as well was it not? Or is just an excuse to bash the ref? One mistake does not make a terrible game, regardless if he a ref or a player.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Why is it you were able to look at the big picture with Maybury but not the ref? Maybury's mistake was disastrous as well was it not? Or is just an excuse to bash the ref? One mistake does not make a terrible game, regardless if he a ref or a player.
    I wasn't bashing the referee, I just didn't think he had a great game, I changed the score in hindsight but Jaysus, I'm entitled to an opinion.

My picks would be Wotherspoon, McPake and Clancy. Griffiths for his goal. Cairney showed well in flashes, reminds me of John O'Neill. I thought Claros did pretty well coming on. Deegan did add something, definitely strong and can pass. Doyle was never really in it I thought.

Williams - 6

Clancy -6
    McPake - 8
    Hanlon - 8
    Maybury - 6

Spoony -6
    Deegan - 7
    Stevenson - 5
    Cairney - 7

Doyle - 6
    Griffiths - 8

Getting ****in stuck in - 10

I wasn't bashing the referee, I just didn't think he had a great game, I changed the score in hindsight but Jaysus, I'm entitled to an opinion.
    Of course you are, just try to make it a balanced one and you won't get pulled up as often.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Of course you are, just try to make it a balanced one and you won't get pulled up as often.
    Point taken, had a bit of red mist after seeing the incident being replayed again

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Williams - 7

Clancy- 6
    McPake 7
    Hanlon 6
    Maybury- 7. Solid apart from the goal, glad we've signed him.

Wotherspoon- 4 Nice first touch in the build up to the goal but his distribution was absolutely woeful. Infuriating to watch.
    Deegan - 7. Impressive.
    Cairney- 8. We managed to keep possession in the centre for the first time in a long, long time. I thought he was brilliant.
    Stevenson - 6

Doyle 5. Worked his socks off but nothing seemed to happen for him. Hopefully he can become more effective in time.
    Griffiths- 8.

Overall I'd say that's our best performance under Fenlon, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Williams- 5 Dodgy at corners.

Maybury- 6 Would have been better but for the obvious.
    Hanlon- 7 Done well. Fairly solid.
    McPake- 9 MOTM for me. Never gave Sutton an inch. Ferocious in the challenge, scared McGowan ****less and then wound up some mutants. Epic.
    Clancy- 8 Great game from him. Stuck into Templeton all game and never let up.

Wotherspoon- 7 Great game I thought. Set up Sparky with a great pass and put in some great balls. Can't wait to hear how certain posters on here thougt he got on. Voice of Reason....
    Stevenson- 6 Did well, great spot to pick out Spoony for goal. Limped off.
    Deegan- 8 Loved his tenacity. Foul on Templeton was spot on and will get better when match fit.
    Cairney- 7 Again, loved his tenacity. Gave their young RB a hard game and solidered on despite being sick.

Doyle- 5 Quiet game from him, some nice touches.
    Griffiths- 8 Great game. Took his goal brilliantly. Gave his all and could have been the match winner had he not ran himself into the ground.

Claros- 6 Thought he done well.
    Caldwell- 5 Looked OK.
    Handling- 5 Bit of a livewire.

They played as a team today. Fought manfully and stood toe to toe with the Hearts players all game. Just the typeof performance we wanted in the final, but Fenlons signings look to have a lot more tenacity than the previous squad.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Wotherspoon- 7 Great game I thought. Set up Sparky with a great pass and put in some great balls. Can't wait to hear how certain posters on here thougt he got on. Voice of Reason....
    He was good for the goal, as you say, but apart from that his passing was atrocious. He looked slightly more comfortable on the ball against their rookie full back but a decent player should have slaughtered the full back. In the first half a ball from Wotherspoon to Griffiths would have put him one on one with their goalie- he passed it straight to their full back. In the second half we were breaking well and there was a player running down the left- Wotherspoon missed him by a mile.

Don't want to get too much into it as I'm really pleased with the team overall but I really don't get your "can't wait to hear his critics" thing there as if he's played a blinder. His distribution would give you the boke.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post

Wotherspoon- 4 Nice first touch in the build up to the goal but his distribution was absolutely woeful. Infuriating to watch.
    I'm sorry, but thats absolute garbage. Are you really THAT brass necked in your criticism of Spoony that you can't give the lad credit when he has a good game?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Williams 6 - Obvious mistake for the goal but otherwise did well

Clancy 7 - pretty solid
    Hanlon 8 - excellent game, glad to see him back with McPake
    McPake 9 - Solid
    Maybury 7 - would have been higher but for their goal, was very impressed with him, what we've been crying out for imo.

Wotherspoon 6 - he was the weakest link today for me, not glaringly awful but many stray passes etc
    Stevenson 6 - quiet game from him but he didn't actually misplace a pass when he was on the pitch, hope is injury isn't too bad
    Deegan 8 - very impressed with his debut, again he is exactly what we've been needing.
    Cairney 8 - good solid game from him, impressed he stayed on for the full 90 after being sick 4 times!

Doyle 6 - quiet from him but still some really good touches and movement from him
    Griffiths 9 - excellent from him, could have easily had more than one goal, and he managed to keep calm too!

Subs:

Claros 7 - wasn't expecting much when he came on but was pleasantly surprised with him, he really got stuck in and played some superb passes
    Handling 4 - looked good
    Caldwell 6 - unlucky not to score the winner

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    He was good for the goal, as you say, but apart from that his passing was atrocious. He looked slightly more comfortable on the ball against their rookie full back but a decent player should have slaughtered the full back. In the first half a ball from Wotherspoon to Griffiths would have put him one on one with their goalie- he passed it straight to their full back. In the second half we were breaking well and there was a player running down the left- Wotherspoon missed him by a mile.

Don't want to get too much into it as I'm really pleased with the team overall but I really don't get your "can't wait to hear his critics" thing there as if he's played a blinder. His distribution would give you the boke.

Think your rating for DW is a tad harsh, i would have given him a 6 today. Thought he had a decent game. Looking a wee bit fitter as well

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    I'm sorry, but thats absolute garbage. Are you really THAT brass necked in your criticism of Spoony that you can't give the lad credit when he has a good game?
    A comment befitting the username "wotherspiniesta" for sure .

See my post above. He did one good thing but if you compare it to the amount of times he lost possession where there was a simple pass it's vastly outnumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    Think your rating for DW is a tad harsh, i would have given him a 6 today. Thought he had a decent game. Looking a wee bit fitter as well
    Don't bother with him. He's clearly made up his mind. To give ANYONE in a green shirt a 4/10 today is ridiculous.

Don't bother with him. He's clearly made up his mind. To give ANYONE in a green shirt a 4/10 today is ridiculous.
    yip dont think anyone deserved a 4 today, just wish he had a bit more pace

Blog Entries
    Williams - 7 - Unbeleivable save and catch from Templtone free kick first half - couple of superman jobs at corners that could have been punished...but better than rooted to line

Clancy- 7 - Experiance showed and having a FB that can overlap is great - thows are another plus
    McPake 8 - I think he enjoyed the Tussle with a big forward looked knackered late on and Sutton got something out of him. Looks much much happier with hanlon back beside him
    Hanlon 8 - cut out so many balls and won lots of headers..did have a couple of short clearances
    Maybury- 7. Solid - goal asidelike Clancy with his experience helping us and shutting down space for Hearts youngsters - does not look / play like hes 34
    Wotherspoon - 7 better link up play and benefitted from experience behind. Great part in goal. Couple of lose passes when pitch was open Nice first touch in the build up to the goal but his distribution was absolutely woeful. Infuriating to watch.
    Deegan - 8. Would have been 9 if he had a second half like first graet debut 45. Probably lucky to stay on pitch with 3 fouls after yellow...looks like he will be a real fav enforcer
    Cairney- 8. Does not at all look like a player making a step up..loved his confidence on the ball and grit.
    Stevenson - 7 benefitting from some decent players around him - brilliant ball in build up to goal

Doyle 6. Very busy but not going to get much change against those 2 CH's with high balls - needs to learn to 'make it stick' more with first touch.
    Griffiths- 8. Great effort off the post and took goal well. The chance second half was probably easier as he had more time than he thought. The most impressive was he channeled his energy into game and not getting involved as to draw refs attention to him

Claros - 7 - looked to be enjoying having a couple of decent passers around him. some great interceptions particularly after Deegan was caught out. nice tidy passing
    Caldwell - 3 Good position for hearder shame it was straight at keeper. Needs to learn that at this level you defend from front..and put more pressure on defenders
    Handling - 4 - hard to get involved as we were sat a bit deeper by this point. one great chase into box for a 'lost cause' that he got to

PF - 9 - 4-4-2 at last / Hanlon back at CH and Ivan on the bench / and showing he has an eye for players the 5 on display new this season are all improvements - lets hope we can find resources for the Forward and winger we need.

Fans - 10 for those who attended and SUPPORTED you were magnificent and the players fed of that - particularly the way negativity did not spread after losing the shocker of a goal

Too right. Even the poorest player (whoever that may be) had a good game.

Worst hibs player on the park by a mile

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Cant you just give the guys credit rather than slating them?

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Another one who's made up his mind.

Here's a thought, what would have happened had Sproule recieved Lewis' ball for the goal? ...I think we all know the answer.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Another one who's made up his mind.

Here's a thought, what would have happened had Sproule recieved Lewis' ball for the goal? ...I think we all know the answer.
    He'd have had the same praise Wotherspoon did. Did you miss that bit out? His first touch for the goal was nice. Apart from that his passing was terrible, shall we just ignore all that possession lost because he did well for the goal?