hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Why do I feel so confident?

Although the usual derby nerves are starting to kick in, I for some reason fancy us to beat the yams on Sunday. In fact, I feel so confident I'm going to have a wee punt on us. Am I mad? After watching Hibs for longer than I can remember and I acknowledge we are a poor side just now. (I actually left wee magees in Majorca before the end of our defeat to United at the weekend). I have this confidence that the cabbage are going to break the current unbeaten run the yaks hold over us.
    It might all come back and bite me on Sunday but hey ho, once a hibby always a hibee. Every man, woman, boy & girl should remember this and enure the **** over the road understand this. Let's get behind the only team in Edinburgh, the first to wear the green and enure you leave the Leith San siro with at least no voice and hope we can inspire the ads to victory.
    GGTTH

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

2. Log in to remove the advert

I've called a doctor, will be with you shortly.

Mon Hibees! Get into them! GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Ggtth!

Fth!

To answer your question on the title, **** knows.
    This is the least confident I've ever been going into a Derby. We are in a sorry state and no amount of blind optimism can persuade me otherwise.
    I hope to **** I'm wrong but I can see this being a much worse scoreline than the final.

I normally always look forward to the Derby even though in my lifetime we've usually lost.

This time I really am struggling to get motivated, just can't get excited at all. I've even agreed to work Sunday night as I'm so sure there will be nothing to celebrate.

That probably means we'll win.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    I'm confident too. We have two new players to field compared with last week and the importance of that shouldn't be overlooked. If we play like last Sunday then we will be horsed but I'm not assuming we will play that badly again.

Because youre an idiot?

We're Gash
    We're even more Gash at home
    We're even more Gash at home, in derbys.

I usually feel confident going into derbies. I usually look forward to derbies. I usually think about the derby all week leading up to it.

This time, none of the three things apply. I couldnt actually remember if it was on Saturday or Sunday. Going to Tannadice last weekend has knocked my enthusiasm out of me. Hopefully its just temporary.

Left by mutual consent!
    The last time I was this terrified going into a derby this happened ......

http://youtu.be/hvGL4OOW55A

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I usually feel confident going into derbies. I usually look forward to derbies. I usually think about the derby all week leading up to it.

This time, none of the three things apply. I couldnt actually remember if it was on Saturday or Sunday. Going to Tannadice last weekend has knocked my enthusiasm out of me. Hopefully its just temporary.
    Was definitely a concerning performance last weekend bollah, no doubt about it. However Utd are a good side, had bounced off a terrific midweek Euro showing, and have a very settled side in comparison to Hibs - every side in the SPL are more settled than Hibs. Their front line are second only to Celtic IMHO. Perfect balance of pace, width, power and finishing.

Stephens was just a monumental catastrophe though and he should never ever be pulling on the jersey again until the penny drops that he needs to be fit, powerful, fast and alert. For me that penny will never drop.

I'm always enthusiastic v Hearts - it's the game I look out for in the calendar albeit the last 3 seasons have been miserable. It is however the games Hibs fans should always look forward to.

The one thing about Hearts is that they set up the same way - they will be 4-5-1 but in a set up that can quickly change to 4-3-3. I want Hibs this time around to really dominate that midfield, which without Black and Skacel is considerably weakened. It does however have height with Barr and McGowan, something we lack.

Has to be a statement of intent from Pat on Sunday and ffor me it's either 4-4-2 or a 'have a go' 4-3-3. Would love to see Leigh through the middle with Ross Caldwell.........Cairney outside right, Wotherspoon/Handling outside left, Deegan and Claros in the middle. My real concern lies at set pieces as they are still a physically big side.

Press high, fast pace, in their faces, attack attack attack.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ IronHIbee View Post
    Although the usual derby nerves are starting to kick in, I for some reason fancy us to beat the yams on Sunday. In fact, I feel so confident I'm going to have a wee punt on us. Am I mad? After watching Hibs for longer than I can remember and I acknowledge we are a poor side just now. (I actually left wee magees in Majorca before the end of our defeat to United at the weekend). I have this confidence that the cabbage are going to break the current unbeaten run the yaks hold over us.
    It might all come back and bite me on Sunday but hey ho, once a hibby always a hibee. Every man, woman, boy & girl should remember this and enure the **** over the road understand this. Let's get behind the only team in Edinburgh, the first to wear the green and enure you leave the Leith San siro with at least no voice and hope we can inspire the ads to victory.
    GGTTH

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa
    Good on ye, carry that to the game and get right behind the team....

Quote Originally Posted by West Upper Pie View Post
    Because youre an idiot?

We're Gash
    We're even more Gash at home
    We're even more Gash at home, in derbys.
    Calling him an idiot is ludicrous.
    We haven't been impressive over the last couple of seasons against the Jambos, but why can't that change on Sunday?
    Have a little faith, or at least, support the team despite.
    GGTTH.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I am usually nervous but this time I am not, simply because it can't get any worse than what happened in may, if they beat us well woop de do.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs-1875 View Post
    We haven't been impressive over the last couple of seasons against the Jambos, but why can't that change on Sunday?
    GGTTH.
    Indeed it HAS to change at some point, otherwise we are destined for the bottom of division 3.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    Indeed it HAS to change at some point, otherwise we are destined for the bottom of division 3.
    The team must look a lot sharper than they did at Tannadice, but this is another tough match against one of the better sides in the league. That's the unfortunate truth at the moment, it isn't a must-win, but it would do a hell of a lot of good if we were to win.

GGTTH.
    Well it was an idiotic statement.

Because, we're simply not good enough.

I'll be there supporting then Sunday. But still accept that we are absolutely rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    I am usually nervous but this time I am not, simply because it can't get any worse than what happened in may, if they beat us well woop de do.
    agreed..... dont think anything game could be worse than that
    ggtth

I'll be there supporting then Sunday. But still accept that we are absolutely rotten.
    What a sad state of affairs when somebody expressing some optimism is dismissed as idiotic.
    Well done to the OP for attempting a rallying call . I am in. GGTTH
    Last edited by marinello59; 10-08-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    GGTTH.
    We haven't been impressive against the Jambos since the seventies .... Other than the odd sporadic 6-2

God how I wish we could go three seasons unbeaten against these barstewards

I've lived thro the 22 in a row and all the long runs they've had against us

Please Hibs give us some pay back

Get right intae them on Sunday

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by stuart7-0 View Post
    We haven't been impressive against the Jambos since the seventies .... Other than the odd sporadic 6-2

God how I wish we could go three seasons unbeaten against these barstewards

I've lived thro the 22 in a row and all the long runs they've had against us

Please Hibs give us some pay back

Get right intae them on Sunday

GGTTH
    Too right, we had a couple of good ones under Collins, but we are due a performance. 'Mon Hibs.

We aren't in a good state, but come on, a couple of new players and hopefully a fresh start. It's being extremely optimistic but that's what we has to be in times like these. We can beat them.
    Come on the Hibees!

Gamer IDs

Which part of the OP is idiotic? Some guy says he's confident about the game on Sunday and he's branded an idiot? Can we not have one thread without fans calling each other names? That's a rhetorical question - I already know the answer.

I'm confident of a good result too for the reasons stated previously - we have strengthened (in some of the right places) and they are considerably weaker (in the right places :).

FTH.

Can't remember when I've been less enthusiastic in the run up to a derby than I am this time.

Give me a shout when we play them again in a Scottish Cup final.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hearts to win by at least 2 clear
    goals and Hibs will be lucky to muster a shot at goal. Have a word with yourself OP.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 10-08-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Hearts to win by at least 2 clear
    goals and Hibs will be lucky to muster a shot at goal. Have a word with yourself OP.
    Geez. Another one! What the hell is wrong with you guys? Why can't someone be optimistic or look forward to a game without being called an idiot or told to have a word with themself?

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Because they're ****ing delusiomal in epic proportions.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Because they're ****ing delusiomal in epic proportions.
    I know we played mince last week but is there really any need? This is still a Hibs website, right? Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but why rain on someone's parade? It achieves nothing other than to create bad blood among people who, at the end of the day, are supposed to be on the same side.

I guess at the end of the day I would rather be confident and branded an idiot than a defeatist and all that goes along with that.

I do truly believe that Hibs have what it takes to win on Sunday. I always do. I tackle most things in life with that same optimism. I have little time for people who want to wallow. Can't wait for the game although I might not be saying that I enjoyed it after watching.
    Last edited by HibsMax; 10-08-2012 at 11:11 PM.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    The last time I was this terrified going into a derby this happened ......

http://youtu.be/hvGL4OOW55A
    Remember that well, but that team is miles better than what we have got just now. Remember Ross Chisholm giving a bit of well needed "dig" that game.

'S' Form
    All this negativity is becoming standard for hibs. It's about time we start people start to believe we can win Derbys again. Yeah, we got turned over in May, but we've signed 7 players since then. Two of which debut this weekend. Your telling me that that alone won't at least give majority of us a boost? Players like hanlon, mcpake, griffiths and Stevenson have points to prove after being part of the team that let us all down in May. This weekend is a perfect chance for them to do it.

GGTTH