hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

no striker on trial

we havent had a single striker on trial this summer, one of our main areas needed improved.... why have we had none? FENLON DOESNT KNOW ANYONE!!!! Only players he brings in are irish players hes worked with before, hes not a clue! hes no man management skills, no contacts NOTHING! Whos gonna wanna sign for a guy theyve never heard of?

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

and lets not even get started on Petrie! We need a clear out from top to bottom, absolute disgrace of a club!! And some of the behinds scenes details are even worse, we are in a terrible state, and god knows whats gonna happen!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan03 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we havent had a single striker on trial this summer, one of our main areas needed improved.... why have we had none? FENLON DOESNT KNOW ANYONE!!!! Only players he brings in are irish players hes worked with before, hes not a clue! hes no man management skills, no contacts NOTHING! Whos gonna wanna sign for a guy theyve never heard of?

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

and lets not even get started on Petrie! We need a clear out from top to bottom, absolute disgrace of a club!! And some of the behinds scenes details are even worse, we are in a terrible state, and god knows whats gonna happen!!
    How do you know?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

I'm hearing we're in talks with Cillian Sheridan's representatives with regards to a transfer so maybe you're actually wrong?

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

Wow.

Are we only allowed to sign strikers that have been on trial?

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibee Gallagher

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

You're trying to say that Fenlon knows nothing simply because he hasn't had a striker on trial? Come on now!

Not all players are willing to go on trial especially if they have more than one offer. I would bet my house that Fenlon has offered a contract to at least 1 striker , maybe even 2 but they have went elsewhere.
    Last edited by Hibee Ryan; 06-08-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

Must have missed the bit where we brought Griffiths back to the club.

But on you go, howl at the moon.

Left by mutual consent!

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

Clancy, Mcpake, Williams, Claros, Tom Soares, George Francomb, Kujabi, all players who have only worked with Fenlon at hibernian.

Testimonial Due Edinburgh Green's Avatar
    Loud noises!!!!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Imagine trying to sell hibs to a potential signing target....no easy task maybe that's why he's signing players he knows

But let's get on his back and get rid anyway that's what we do so well

I don't really think the strikers we have are the problem, although I would ideally like one more.

It's the complete lack of anything resembling creativity in midfield, in fact just anything from the midfield full stop, that's the problem.

Give Griffiths and Doyle service and they will score.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    I love lamp!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
    Loud noises!!!!

That's exactly as I read it

Left by mutual consent!
    As i said elsewhere this club stikks from top to bottom. We have more board members than BT and all taking out of the club huge amounts of the supporters cash. Why do we need a chairman and a CE. A stadium manager and a training ground manager plus lots more board members each making far more money than the fans can only dream off.The lte Cecil Graham used to run this whole club by himself and a dam site better job he made of it too. Doubt if this current set of clowns could even spell Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I don't really think the strikers we have are the problem, although I would ideally like one more.

It's the complete lack of anything resembling creativity in midfield, in fact just anything from the midfield full stop, that's the problem.

Give Griffiths and Doyle service and they will score.
    100% agree, but would go a bit further to say that we don't have anything resembling a midfield full stop.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Wow, the level of Yam wind up merchants since yesterday is staggering.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

Aye very good

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    As i said elsewhere this club stikks from top to bottom. We have more board members than BT and all taking out of the club huge amounts of the supporters cash. Why do we need a chairman and a CE. A stadium manager and a training ground manager plus lots more board members each making far more money than the fans can only dream off.The lte Cecil Graham used to run this whole club by himself and a dam site better job he made of it too. Doubt if this current set of clowns could even spell Hibs.
    Oh the irony.

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

Really?? Do you know how ridiculous you sound????
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!

A Big Striker and a midfield

Quote Originally Posted by S.sct View Post
    100% agree, but would go a bit further to say that we don't have anything resembling a midfield full stop.
    Totally agree we have no midfield, and have not done so for the last three years, with teams running through us at will. Hopefully Deegan will prove his worth, but we still need another midfielder, a winger and big striker to hold up the ball. A big strong centre half would not go amis also.

Fenlon is on record saying we need a few more players. Let hope this happens soon. I don't think I could stand another roasting from them next week.

Not strictly true that we've had no striker on trial this summer.

Was Garry O'Connor not still on our books when he was up in court?

Testimonial Due
    Well done Ivan. The Verve are to rework their old classic as "The Drugs most definitely do work" after someone brought this thread to their attention.

Ketamine has been widely used to knock out horses yet you've managed to rattle off a whole thread no bother whilst "on it" - putting aside the lunacy contained therein.

No trialists = no hope!!!!

@hibs.net private member Macaroon's Avatar

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

Just because we haven't had them on trial doesn't mean we won't sign them. I can't remember the last time one of these supposed 'trialists' actually signed for us.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    It's a shame to see Yoda has contracted dyslexia in his old age and started posting on Hibs.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Really?? Do you know how ridiculous you sound????

LTYF

Fenlon OUT!!!!!!

I smell a yam

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    WAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    I smell a yam

24 posts I smell a yam...........

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    24 posts I smell a yam...........

Quote Originally Posted by VPHIBEE View Post
    Totally agree we have no midfield, and have not done so for the last three years, with teams running through us at will. Hopefully Deegan will prove his worth, but we still need another midfielder, a winger and big striker to hold up the ball. A big strong centre half would not go amis also.

Fenlon is on record saying we need a few more players. Let hope this happens soon. I don't think I could stand another roasting from them next week.
    agree but i think if fenlon does not sign a physical striker capable of holding the ball up and bringing the midfield into play then his days are numbered.
    Yesterday we put no pressure on there back 4 so they were free to pick passes into midfield or act as extra midfielders.
    The last time i think we pushed a back 4 was during the 5 or 6 games we won when sodje was leading the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Twa Cairpets View Post

That's exactly as I read it
    I would like to invite you to the pants party