hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: David Stephens

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar

David Stephens

Spoke to Pat Fenlon after the Game before he got on the Team bus, Asked him why David Stephens got 90 minutes, he said replied with got no one else, I said what about O'hanlon. he said he's not much better, I said he's better than Stephens, he said did you see him at the Rangers Game. That says it all for me. he said we need another 4 players but does not know if he will get the money to spend. to Give him credit he did spend time to talk and was honest with his answers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

What was wrong with the McPake / Hanlon pairing ??

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spoke to Pat Fenlon after the Game before he got on the Team bus, Asked him why David Stephens got 90 minutes, he said replied with got no one else, I said what about O'hanlon. he said he's not much better, I said he's better than Stephens, he said did you see him at the Rangers Game. That says it all for me. he said we need another 4 players but does not know if he will get the money to spend. to Give him credit he did spend time to talk and was honest with his answers.
    Good. At least he knows Stephens isnt up to it. Pat needs the funds to get the players he wants in, or we're in big trouble.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Brilliant, tells a random that we have no one better than Stephens. I'm sure Stephens will take great heart from this when he reads it on hear or someone passes the sentiments on to him of his managers thoughts.

What a clown, he should keep that to himself and talk to Stephens privately. Or better still, work with him to improve his short comings.

Unfortunately our illustrious leader doesn't possess the wherewithal to do that.

Pat's nickname really is apt.

Pat The Rat

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Man management at its best.

Pat gtf

Dunno if that's necessarily a good thing to hear. It sounds almost like a man who has given up. A manager should ALWAYS have his players' back in my opinion. To say something like - "he is all I've got because the replacements are even worse" is not gonna get us out of this!

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    Brilliant, tells a random that we have no one better than Stephens. I'm sure Stephens will take great heart from this when he reads it on hear or someone passes the sentiments on to him of his managers thoughts.

What a clown, he should keep that to himself and talk to Stephens privately. Or better still, work with him to improve his short comings.

Unfortunately our illustrious leader doesn't possess the wherewithal to do that.

Pat The Rat
    That is some chip you have on your shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    That is some chip you have on your shoulder.
    I don't know what you mean?

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    No problem with Pat telling the truth. Who cares what Stephens thinks he's gash. He must no he's playing well above his level and im not convinced that anybody could make him better. O'Hanlon is a better centrehalf. We should have Hanlon amd McPake at the back. Petrie must find the money somehow to sign more / four players

I don't know what you mean?
    For a while now, pretty much all of your posts have been orientated around your dislike for PF.

For starters, you don't even know this conversation took place, and if it did, what actually was said - and in what context.... Yet you have our manager labelled as "Pat the Rat" and a "clown".

Pat The Rat
    Stephens is joke and should never wear a hibs Jersey, clueless and can't mark a player, cost us 3 goals today

Pat The Rat
    A rondom taking a randoms post as a giving, briliant, Hibs.net at its best, lets get rid of Pat and bring in someone else how about Derek Adams ot James Mcdonagh. Lets not go over the top eh. Today was a realisation of what we all know, we are ***** and we have done little to address this, I do however think that all this doesnt fall onm PF's shoulder as a manager, you can anly piss with the coock you have sand unfortunatley for uswe are pissing with a tiny cock.

Stephens is joke and should never wear a hibs Jersey, clueless and can't mark a player, cost us 3 goals today
    I agree with you. But if it's all we have and he is telling some random that He all he has got, means that he is likely to play again. He should not be passing those comments in public, it ain't going to do Stephens any good and ultimately Hibs any good.

If he has passed these comments, the man is a clown

I could understand the sentinent if Stephens played ahead of O'Hanlon at Aberdeen or got in the cup final 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7 View Post
    may 19th,,,,,PF sees mcpake and a n other as our chs,,,maybe due to our captains wishes,,who knows
    our defence was /is crap,,,whats the common denominator,,apart from mcpake that is
    bt

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He gets slaughtered if he makes comments about being a little short, gets pelters when honest.

Here's a novel idea; let's back our manager for once?

Stephens was dreadful today. Ive seen him play well in the past and hes still young, so i havent given up hope totally.

More disappointing was the likes of Spoony, gash again despite being back in his mythical 'proper' advanced position, and Stevenson, who was totally AWOL and who im sick of sticking up for now.

...and by the way, o'hanlon is just murder. anyone who thinks he will come in and sort things out is kidding themselves.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

More disappointing was the likes of Spoony, gash again despite being back in his mythical 'proper' advanced position, and Stevenson, who was totally AWOL and who im sick of sticking up for now
    Agree with that, dont know how long we're going to have to wait for Spoony to regain his form of 2 years ago.
    Last edited by Mikey; 05-08-2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes

Quote Originally Posted by GGTTH07
    Pat gtf
    Behave FFS.

@hibs.net private member
    Stephens is not good enough. I do find it bizarre that O Hanlon is a sub but was picked before Stephens last season. For me I would play Hanlon at centre half and bring back Kujabi in at left back. Stephens can not concentrate and loses his man to easy. I have no issue with Pat speaking out as its obvious that we need players

I agree with you. But if it's all we have and he is telling some random that He all he has got, means that he is likely to play again. He should not be passing those comments in public, it ain't going to do Stephens any good and ultimately Hibs any good.

If he has passed these comments, the man is a clown

I like how he spent the time to talk to me an angry fan and told the truth rather than spin me a lot of gash like what some Managers do, don't care a hoot about Stephens reading this, he is the clown and is never a player, even utd fans were asking who that clown was at the back. O'hanlon is a better player than Stephens and proved it at Aberdeen.

It's better to hear the truth rather than made up dribble

I agree that there was a phase when O'Hanlon was poor be he had to put up with Hanlon who's confidence collapsed and wotherspoon at right back. I feel that with Clancy now at right back the pairing in the middle should be O'Hanlon and McPake and Hanlon or Kujabi at left back.
    He stated that there will be changes lets make them Paddy.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Just as irresponsible of the OP to post this. Pat has a private conversation with a Hibs fan, is as honest as can be and then a troublemaker makes it common knowledge rather than being thankful for his honesty.

If that happened of course.

LTYF

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Stephens was dreadful today. Ive seen him play well in the past and hes still young, so i havent given up hope totally.

More disappointing was the likes of Spoony, gash again despite being back in his mythical 'proper' advanced position, and Stevenson, who was totally AWOL and who im sick of sticking up for now.

...and by the way, o'hanlon is just murder. anyone who thinks he will come in and sort things out is kidding themselves.
    Lets be honest here, the whole team apart from Williams would not get pass marks from me today. McPake passed on Daly all game, and made a mistake for the 3rd goal. None of our players look as if they have any real ability on the ball as usual, and its the big punt up to a midget.

Tactics are poor, now if thats because we dont have the personell, then you change the bloody tactics to suit what you have, or am i being stupid?

Pat says he wants us to be harder to beat, well paddy, you have a very hard job on your hand.

The back 4 needs either a new left back or another centre half, my preference would be a centre half, someone like McManus at Boro.

Midfield need at least 2 more, both wide men who can take players on, have a bit of pace and deliver a ball.

Up front today it was evident we need a forward with a bit of presence, that was embarrassing watching what can only be described as chase and run, kids football in reality. Even if we got those players i feel we need, we'd still struggle with what we have as backup.

Farmer and Petrie have watched our club become a complete shambles, shame on you both.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    It was really easy to sort today.

Play Hanlon at CB and either play Booth, Kujabi or the (highly rated) Smith.

Pat really shouldnt be telling fans that 2 of the players that are being kept by the club are not good enough. Not very professional.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar

Spot on HB , Hanlon has to be moved to ch for the derby imo .

ggtth

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7 View Post
    Kujabi

I like how he spent the time to talk to me an angry fan and told the truth rather than spin me a lot of gash like what some Managers do, don't care a hoot about Stephens reading this, he is the clown and is never a player, even utd fans were asking who that clown was at the back. O'hanlon is a better player than Stephens and proved it at Aberdeen.

It's better to hear the truth rather than made up dribble
    But according to your conversation with our manager there is no one better, so why make these comments to you who in turn post them on a public forum. If we have no one better he is likely to play again.

It won't do his confidence any good really, piss poor management in my book if indeed the manager did pass the comments to you.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Lets be honest here, the whole team apart from Williams would not get pass marks from me today. McPake passed on Daly all game, and made a mistake for the 3rd goal. None of our players look as if they have any real ability on the ball as usual, and its the big punt up to a midget.

Tactics are poor, now if thats because we dont have the personell, then you change the bloody tactics to suit what you have, or am i being stupid?

Pat says he wants us to be harder to beat, well paddy, you have a very hard job on your hand.

The back 4 needs either a new left back or another centre half, my preference would be a centre half, someone like McManus at Boro.

Midfield need at least 2 more, both wide men who can take players on, have a bit of pace and deliver a ball.

Up front today it was evident we need a forward with a bit of presence, that was embarrassing watching what can only be described as chase and run, kids football in reality. Even if we got those players i feel we need, we'd still struggle with what we have as backup.

Farmer and Petrie have watched our club become a complete shambles, shame on you both.
    Thought Cairney was OK actually. Could be more involved but you need the ball.